Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Enterprise strobe light for Mavic 2 Pro/zoom
4318 25 2018-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CineView Media
First Officer
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Checked out the Enterprise strobe in the store today, its very effective and brilliant, and should be standard accesory on all drones larger than Spark for security purposes.

Anyone found a third party strobe with 360 degr light distribution and the same intensity as the Enterprise led has?
2018-12-6
Use props
JAgraphics
Second Officer
United Kingdom

There are various 3rd party light kits for the Mavic drones
see this one  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=173360

There are others for the M2 series that use smaller LED torches

It depends what you want a light for "security purposes" is a bit vauge
2018-12-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for sharing this information with us. Just a reminder that we do not recommend using 3rd party devices for DJI Drone. 3rd party devices might affect the drone or its component and can also affect the performance of the drone when in use. Thank you.
2018-12-6
Use props
CineView Media
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-6 13:15
Hello and good day. Thank you for sharing this information with us. Just a reminder that we do not recommend using 3rd party devices for DJI Drone. 3rd party devices might affect the drone or its component and can also affect the performance of the drone when in use. Thank you.

Then you might forward my suggestions instead?
2018-12-7
Use props
CineView Media
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

JAgraphics Posted at 12-6 11:30
There are various 3rd party light kits for the Mavic drones
see this one  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=173360

Not looking for a torch, but a navi/anticolission strobe that covers a 360 viewing angle, like the one on the Enterprise, if youve ever seen that one?
It has basically the same shape and design as a ordinary aircraft has viewable from all angles...
2018-12-7
Use props
JAgraphics
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-6 13:15

Then it is time for DJI to start making approved accessories (and at a reasonable price)  
2018-12-8
Use props
GhostWolf010
Captain
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
Netherlands

CineView Media Posted at 12-7 15:11
Not looking for a torch, but a navi/anticolission strobe that covers a 360 viewing angle, like the one on the Enterprise, if youve ever seen that one?
It has basically the same shape and design as a ordinary aircraft has viewable from all angles...

Searched for this for quite a while, never found a good one (that is affordable.. i found one for like 600 bucks, thats a bit much for me)
The one's that i think are the most like the m2e, are the strobon leds, i just miss the dome that will make them 360. I would definitely buy one if they had that, but i just dont like 3 or 4 strobes all over my drone
2018-12-8
Use props
BumblerBee
First Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

I've equipped my Mavic Pro with 4 cree strobe LEDs in such a way, that I can 1) tell the orientation of the AC from quite some distance (up to 500 meters) and 2) give a visual warning of the AC to any other air traffic (we have occasional boat planes liking to fly low during summer).
The downward white strone i placed on the plate behind the camera and is thus angled a bit forward.

In addition MP is equipped with a loc8tor tag, which saved the MP last winter allowing me to quickly find it sumberged in the snow.
I've flown over 150km with this equipment and Mavic's performance is stellar.

On MP2, the upward-facing strobe would need to be moved towards the front of the aircraft.
fixtures.jpg
2018-12-8
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
First Officer
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

it would be nice if the led lighting on ALL dji products were 'flight regulation compliant' vs their goofy and not standard across model random color / status indicator garbage...

2018-12-8
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
First Officer
United States

BumblerBee Posted at 12-8 11:27
I've equipped my Mavic Pro with 4 cree strobe LEDs in such a way, that I can 1) tell the orientation of the AC from quite some distance (up to 500 meters) and 2) give a visual warning of the AC to any other air traffic (we have occasional boat planes liking to fly low during summer).
The downward white strone i placed on the plate behind the camera and is thus angled a bit forward.

I would think that led on the 'tail' on the top in back would mess with the GPS that is right above the gps/compass board?
2018-12-8
Use props
BumblerBee
First Officer
Norway

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 12-8 11:34
I would think that led on the 'tail' on the top in back would mess with the GPS that is right above the gps/compass board?

It does not.
Compass 1&2 interference calibration bars are all in single digits - you don't even see the green bars. GPS is seldom below 18 when in flight.
2018-12-8
Use props
BumblerBee
First Officer
Norway

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 12-8 11:33
it would be nice if the led lighting on ALL dji products were 'flight regulation compliant' vs their goofy and not standard across model random color / status indicator garbage...

Agree. Embedding such strobe LEDs as I did into the legs/body and having them run from a single controller would not have added much weight/power drain on the battery
2018-12-8
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
First Officer
United States

BumblerBee Posted at 12-8 12:11
It does not.
Compass 1&2 interference calibration bars are all in single digits - you don't even see the green bars. GPS is seldom below 18 when in flight.

compelling.. I only have to get my hand near the tail of the aircraft and it goes into atti

its a good spot for the tail beacon.. I was thinking for the top beacon I would put it on a velcro tab on one of my batteries then I don't have the velcro on the top of the mavic.. but it looks like a good spot

2018-12-8
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
First Officer
United States

BumblerBee Posted at 12-8 12:13
Agree. Embedding such strobe LEDs as I did into the legs/body and having them run from a single controller would not have added much weight/power drain on the battery

perhaps when the warranty is out I will get into mine and dremel in hand build some high intensity led lights into the frame...

2018-12-8
Use props
CineView Media
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

GhostWolf010 Posted at 12-8 08:35
Searched for this for quite a while, never found a good one (that is affordable.. i found one for like 600 bucks, thats a bit much for me)
The one's that i think are the most like the m2e, are the strobon leds, i just miss the dome that will make them 360. I would definitely buy one if they had that, but i just dont like 3 or 4 strobes all over my drone

You have a link to that 600 bucks strobe?
2018-12-9
Use props
CineView Media
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

BumblerBee Posted at 12-8 11:27
The downward white strone i placed on the plate behind the camera and is thus angled a bit forward.

[Image]

Those cree leds are not as effective as a dome housed led that is visible in all directions.
We would only need two of those, one on top and one on the belly.
Should simply be molded into the fuselage.
2018-12-9
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

CineView Media Posted at 12-9 04:37
Those cree leds are not as effective as a dome housed led that is visible in all directions.

Wouldn't you still need two even if you had a dome? It doesn't seem like the dome would be visible if standing directly below the aircraft.
2018-12-9
Use props
CineView Media
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

msinger Posted at 12-9 07:49
Wouldn't you still need two even if you had a dome? It doesn't seem like the dome would be visible if standing directly below the aircraft.

Correct, thats what i just said ;)
2018-12-9
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

CineView Media Posted at 12-9 08:01
Correct, thats what i just said ;)

Got it. It sounded like you were saying a dome would be visible in all directions (which doesn't seem possible since it would be attached to the aircraft somewhere).
2018-12-9
Use props
GhostWolf010
Captain
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
Netherlands

CineView Media Posted at 12-9 04:34
You have a link to that 600 bucks strobe?

Just found an other one. Bit cheaper, but imo still to expensive.
https://kestrel-air.com/products/picomax-uav
2018-12-9
Use props
JCALD
lvl.1
United States

Is there a way to make the under body LED’s strobe on the MP2?
2019-3-30
Use props
JCALD
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-12-6 13:15

Is there a way to make the under body leds strobe?
2019-3-30
Use props
JCALD
lvl.1
United States

Everything I have seen involves hanging some LED’s off the drone along with a battery pack.  Not desirable.
2019-3-30
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
Flight distance : 16641309 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are lots of LED strobes designed and marketed specifically for drones.  Firehouse Tech and STROBEON are 2 of the names I've heard.  Both of them use high quality CREE lights.  I have a set of Firehouse Tech strobes and they are crazy bright!

Check out quite a few examples here:
https://amzn.to/2WyUupN
2019-3-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

JCALD Posted at 3-30 16:59
Is there a way to make the under body leds strobe?

Hello and good day JCALD. Thank you for the inquiry. As of the moment we do not have any information with regards to this inquiry it it is possible for the under body light to become strobe. Let me please forward this inquiry/thread to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Thank you for your support.
2019-3-31
Use props
BrianKushner
Captain
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can this be used on the regular Mavic 2?
2019-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules