One propeller not spinning
8102 6 2018-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Awesome22Ana
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19587 ft
United States

Help! One of the propeller on my drone has quit working. Whenever I try to take off my drone flips upside down, causing the top of the other propellors to become damaged. I believe this problem has something to do with the propellor guards. I recently unscrewed the plastic propellor guard underneath one of the wings and ever since then it starts flipping over whenever I would try to take off. The problem is that it only occurs on that one propellor and I watch as that one propeller doesn't start moving like the others. I'm not sure if I tightened the screws underneath the wing too tightly, or if the drone needs the propeller guards on at al times. I am currently having this problem with my Phantom 3 Standard. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
2018-12-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Many types of prop guards are sold with extra long screws to attach them. When you remove them, you must put back the OLD screws, not the new ones. If you use the longer screws, the tips of them dig into the windings on the motor, and the motor is then stuffed.
2018-12-6
Use props
Air/America
Second Officer

United States

Geebax Posted at 12-6 14:01
Many types of prop guards are sold with extra long screws to attach them. When you remove them, you must put back the OLD screws, not the new ones. If you use the longer screws, the tips of them dig into the windings on the motor, and the motor is then stuffed.

The OP will be very lucky if he has not damaged the motor or motor armatures with the long screws and the simple fix is to use the correct screws.

2018-12-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Awesome22Ana. I'm sorry to know that you are having issues with one of the motors of your DJI Phantom 3 Standard. Please kindly contact our support to start a case and send it in for diagnosis at https://www.dji.com/support. If you encounter any difficulties during the repair progress, feel free to contact us with your case number, we'll be here for help. Thank you.

2018-12-6
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hmmmm.......
2018-12-6
Use props
Awesome22Ana
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19587 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 12-6 14:01

Thanks for the recommendation, I did unscrew the screws to see if I had used the longer screws and it looks like I used the correct screws(the shorter ones). The only other thing I can think of is maybe I used the longer screws earlier, which may have damaged the motor. But it's suspicious to me because it's only on one motor
2018-12-6
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
United Arab Emirates

The longer screws actually if the windings are accurately laid will only just touch .. I actually tested this when I had to buy new screws from local shop. But if the motor windings are just slightly proud - and I mean literally non-visible difference and screw bites in.
Once the insulation is broken - the winding is suspect, can lead to drop in performance if windings start to short via screw to motor body ... if winding gets damaged such as cut - its curtains for that windings and you either have motor rewound or TBH - easiest to just replace it.

Nigel
2018-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules