1119 13 2018-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
digsy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1085404 ft
Australia

Hi Guys,

Just got my P4P V2 back for DJI for a second warranty repair On the gimbal.

The battery now seems very loose in the compartment.
I don't feel safe flying it.

I've tried it with 3 new batteries all loose.

I don't remember it being like this. Anybody else have this issue.

Looks like I'll be sending it back.

Thanks

2018-12-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day digsy. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the recently repaired DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2. This is not the experience we want you to have with DJI. Please contact DJI support at https://www.dji.com/support for further assessment on what is wrong with the battery compartment of the said drone. Thank you.

2018-12-6
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Smart decision.  Doesn't look like it's latching much at all.
2018-12-6
Use props
digsy
lvl.3
Australia

Hey guys,

Just got a response from DJI saying that there is nothing wrong with the battery compartment. The P4V2 will not take off if the battery is not inserted properly.
I don't remember it being this loose when before the repair.

They also claim that the body shell was not opened in the last repair. I beg to differ as I can see marks when the the body shell joins evidence of some sort of blunt tool used to pry open the shell.
In the last repair the replaced the ESC boards. I would assume that the body have to be removed to do this.

Can somebody with a V2.0 test to see if the battery is loose like mine?

Thoughts?

2018-12-14
Use props
PowerBand1
lvl.3

Australia

digsy Posted at 12-14 01:19
Hey guys,

Just got a response from DJI saying that there is nothing wrong with the battery compartment. The P4V2 will not take off if the battery is not inserted properly.

I noticed on the video you sorted just clicked in the battery in, even with my P4 if you do this the battery is a bit loose. The best way is to have one hand on the front of the drone and with other push the the battery in really firm with the buttons pressed in. Another trick if you are tired of dealing with DJI iwhere the cap edge is..slightly expand the join with a screwdriver and it should fit nice and snug .
2018-12-14
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

Lose battery ?  I wouldn't be flying it either .....
There has to be a mechanical reason though.
2018-12-15
Use props
Airport Dog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1164226 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks exactly like mine until I push with both thumbs until it snaps in, it is very tight, then. The latch has to snap top an bottom of the battery.
2018-12-15
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think that battery snapped in properly, you are however checking it wrong, you should by trying to pull it out, not up and down, BUT, the fact that they lied with either changing the ESC/s in the previous repair or that they didnt open it  would be cause for concern, i would be bothered if i had been charged for changing the ESC/s but if it was warranty then i wouldnt be bothered because repairing them may only have needed software reinstall, just surmising here is all.

When pulling on the battery and if one of the clips comes undone then i would be concerned, it means that its not catching properly and maybe try as suggested above, if it doesnt then youve nothing to be concerned about.
If you paid for the previous repair, again, i would be concerned about what they charged you for, if it was warranty, then i wouldnt be....

BUT, note well, that might not even be your drone so the marks on it could be from something else entirely.....
2018-12-15
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Australia

Any updates on the situation Digsy ?
2018-12-17
Use props
Mavic_Timo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 773025 ft
Kosovo

digsy Posted at 12-14 01:19
Hey guys,

"hairline crack is a normal use result"
Really??
2018-12-21
Use props
digsy
lvl.3
Australia

Manxmann Posted at 12-17 00:31
Any updates on the situation Digsy ?

Hey Manxmann,

So I emailed them back saying I don't remember the battery being like that when I had it last and they pretty much repeated the same thing they said in their first email that the battery is fine and will not fall out. The AC wont take off if the battery is not properly inserted. Don't worry and just fly it.
That response took 3 days to come back.

So I said OK then send it back.
took 2 days to come back and tell me it will be shipped in 1 to 2 working days.

Turns out the last last repair was not the replacement of the ESC boards but replacement of the Gimbal IMU module. The repair prior to this one was the ESC boards.

I actually wanted them to replace it which I stated in my email, but I don't think that will happen.
Not too sure where I stand in terms of Australian consumer rights.

Anyway thats the current situation.
I spent over 3k AUD on this drone including 2 extra batteries, leaves quite a bitter taste after being sent back 3 times to be honest. its been out of action for over 2 months with the 3 send backs.

2018-12-21
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Australia

digsy Posted at 12-21 02:11
Hey Manxmann,

So I emailed them back saying I don't remember the battery being like that when I had it last and they pretty much repeated the same thing they said in their first email that the battery is fine and will not fall out. The AC wont take off if the battery is not properly inserted. Don't worry and just fly it.

Hang in there digsy.
I had a problem with my drone,  fortunately we were going to Melbourne for the Train & Hobby Show at the time......  so I said "I'll drop it off at you workshops"  My thinking was that if I could get to talk one-on-one things would be clear & easy.  Ha.  Whilst we speak the same language it doesn't necessarily mean we communicate effectively !    Anyway,  after a couple of frustrations my hiccup was fixed up & I believe they were genuinely doing their best to help but were maybe overwhelmed by the scale of things.
Stick with it and I am sure in the end you'll be happy you did .........
Good Luck

2018-12-22
Use props
digsy
lvl.3
Australia

Just got the bird back today. It has been replaced by a new one. Time to get back into the air.
Battery is tight.
2019-1-1
Use props
P4P+_Brazil
lvl.4
Brazil

digsy Posted at 1-1 20:35
Just got the bird back today. It has been replaced by a new one. Time to get back into the air.
Battery is tight.

Sounds great, congrats.
2019-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules