654 4 2018-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DigitalJoe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 504688 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just received my Command Unit today. Attached it and booted up the system with my Canon 5d Mark IV and a Canon 20mm lens.
The command unit works well. It "tested" the balance perfecly and gave me all three "Excellents". ( Same as DJI Ronin app).

My problem was when I tried to do a Panorama mode photos. Isometimes clicked the first frame, but not the others. I set the control for 20mm lens and 30% overlap.
It took a -89 degree, ( far left) photo, then a 0 ( center) photo and finally a 90 degree ( far right) photo.
BUT, the parameters display in the small screen said it would take 5 photos...not three.

When I tested the same setup using the Ronin app from my iPhone it worked every time perfectly.

I think everything else is working correctly. I only tried the timelapse mode briefly. It seemed to work, but I only did a few frames, not a long time.
Joe
2018-12-6
Use props
DigitalJoe
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Update: Now working great. Easy fix...I updated the Ronin-S firmware to latest, ( I was two versions behind). Shutter working perfectly,
2018-12-6
Use props
DigitalJoe
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Both "Create" functions are working the way they should.
2018-12-6
Use props
DigitalJoe
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Lesson learned once again...always check and make sure equipment firmware is up to date.
2018-12-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Joe, glad to know the issue has been figured out, thanks for sharing, hope you have a great time on filming.
2018-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules