Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DanielVieira
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Hi,

Will it be possible in the future to have some kind of lens, like ND filters, to have a more wider FOV?

In my opinion the Pocket would be perfect if FOV were the same as the original Osmo with X3.

Thanks
2018-12-7
Use props
PG73
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I would also like to see a wider FOV (as long as it's not fisheye). I think a wide angle lens would add too much weight for the current gimbal, so perhaps in version 2 with a slightly bigger device.
2018-12-7
Use props
DanielVieira
Second Officer
  • >>>
Portugal

The original Osmo X3 have a 94º FOV, with no fisheye, its "perfect"! I only need something like that!
2018-12-7
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

I guess this depends on targeted audience for this product.... Initially, I was thinking this is like amateur vlogging camera. Most pros and influencers use dslr/mirrorless + rode + gorilla tripod setup already and none of them expressed intention to switch to OP for their job in their Osmo Pocket reviews. But, focal length is too narrow for vlogging so I guess that's not the targeted audience. There is luck of sturdiness as seen in GoPRO as well as no water/weather/dust proofing of any kind out of the box so that rules out sports action camera purpose... and pretty much what's left is lightweight family camera to shoot holidays/travels/events for private use. 26mm sounds like pretty good choice for that. Would be nice to have some optical zoom, but form factor is too small I guess to feature that in.
2018-12-7
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60394 ft
United Kingdom

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 12-7 05:50
I guess this depends on targeted audience for this product.... Initially, I was thinking this is like amateur vlogging camera. Most pros and influencers use dslr/mirrorless + rode + gorilla tripod setup already and none of them expressed intention to switch to OP for their job in their Osmo Pocket reviews. But, focal length is too narrow for vlogging so I guess that's not the targeted audience. There is luck of sturdiness as seen in GoPRO as well as no water/weather/dust proofing of any kind out of the box so that rules out sports action camera purpose... and pretty much what's left is lightweight family camera to shoot holidays/travels/events for private use. 26mm sounds like pretty good choice for that. Would be nice to have some optical zoom, but form factor is too small I guess to feature that in.

Amateur holiday/travel/event seems to be exactly what DJI are targeting. Don't think they will get the pro-vlogger audience and far more people to sell to in the amateur/hobbyist market
2018-12-7
Use props
txtechnonerd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175075 ft
  • >>>
United States

If there are going to be easily usable ND filters and the like for the camera then I don't see why someone couldn't also make some sort of wide-angle adapter, like a x0.7 or similar. Of course, any additional lens is just going to create more issues such as distortion, aberrations, etc.
2018-12-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, Daniel. Thank you for sharing your suggestion. No worries, I'll forward this to our R&D Department for future request. Thanks for your support.
2018-12-10
Use props
SidW
lvl.2
United States

I agree. My guess is there may be some third party manufacturers working on this. Let's hope.
2018-12-10
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I like the current FOV. I'm not fan of wide angle.
2018-12-10
Use props
DanielVieira
Second Officer
  • >>>
Portugal

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-10 11:22
Hi there, Daniel. Thank you for sharing your suggestion. No worries, I'll forward this to our R&D Department for future request. Thanks for your support.

Thanks you DJI Natalia
2018-12-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

DanielVieira Posted at 12-11 00:22
Thanks you DJI Natalia

You're most welcome, Daniel. You have a safe flight always.
2018-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules