Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Assistant: Roles of v1 vs v2.
587 3 2018-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sanuk
Second Officer
Australia

Apologies if this has already been discussed in these forums, but ...I am a bit confused about the roles of the two versions of DJI Assistant.

On the Mavic Pro and MPP downloads page: the latest Dji Assistant is v1.2.4.
Ditto for the Goggles/RE downloads page: the latest Dji Assistant is v1.2.4.

But for the Mavic 2 M2P, M2Z and M2E: the latest Dji Assistant is v2.0.4.
And v2.0.4 also handles firmware updates for Dji Goggles/RE.

Does this mean that the role of v2 is to service the Mavic 2 and later birds, while v1 services the Spark, Air and Mavics prior to v2 (and their accessories like Goggles)?

Did I get that right? v2 does not make v1 redundant?

2018-12-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi sanuk, the DJI Assistant 2 is different for various models. It is recommended to download the correct one from the corresponding product page so that the compatibility can be ensured, thank you!
2018-12-8
Use props
sanuk
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 12-8 01:08
Hi sanuk, the DJI Assistant 2 is different for various models. It is recommended to download the correct one from the corresponding product page so that the compatibility can be ensured, thank you!

Aha.

Thanks for the reply. I understand now.

I was getting confused seeing different versions of DJI Assistant 2 doing identical tasks, particularly re Goggles.
2018-12-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

sanuk Posted at 12-8 01:26
Aha.

Thanks for the reply. I understand now.

You are welcome. If there is any further question, feel free to contact us. Wish you have a good weekend!
2018-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules