Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is Mimo APP required to activate
6153 35 2018-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gadget Guy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

On Amazon today I ordered the Osmo Poket.  It said two were in stock and I would receive it next Wednesday Dec 10.  So after I placed my order I figured I would download the DJI Mimo app to my phone so I would be ready to use it as a video review of the Osmo Pocket says you must activate it through the DJI Mimo APP.  The problem is that the APP is not available in Google play store.  I have a Galaxy Note 8.  So not big deal I figure I can download from Apple APP Store for my iPad.  Nope, the DJI Mimo APP is not available to download from Apple either.  So, how does that leave me for next Wednesday when I get the Osmo Pocket?  I wont be able to use it if the APP is not available.  Anyone else having this issue?
2018-12-7
Use props
Kobo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 738317 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't have one yet (not a famous YouTuber) but it says everywhere that you need the DJI Mimo App that hasn't been released yet. Hopefully they release it soon so that stores can start selling them.
2018-12-7
Use props
TimK1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 71975 ft
United Kingdom

Kobo Posted at 12-7 12:43
I don't have one yet (not a famous YouTuber) but it says everywhere that you need the DJI Mimo App that hasn't been released yet. Hopefully they release it soon so that stores can start selling them.

Allegedly the app will be released 15th December - which is also the day they get shipped - I hope...
2018-12-7
Use props
Gadget Guy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

According to Amazon I'm guaranteed delivery on Dec 12.  Maybe an error by Amazon. If I get it then I will let this thread know.   If I do I may have to wait a few days to try it out until the app is available.  
2018-12-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Gadget Guy, we are sorry for the inconvenience that has been caused. DJI MIMO is available soon with the shipment of Osmo Pocket on DJI Store (store.dji.com), thanks for your patience.
2018-12-7
Use props
Paweł Ziajka
New

Japan

I just bought the osmo pocket in Japan - and can't find the app, how can I activate it?
2018-12-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Paweł Ziajka Posted at 12-8 00:15
I just bought the osmo pocket in Japan - and can't find the app, how can I activate it?

Hi Paweł Ziajka, DJI Mimo hasn't been released, please check more post in 5#, thank you, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-12-8
Use props
Gadget Guy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-7 20:30
Hi Gadget Guy, we are sorry for the inconvenience that has been caused. DJI MIMO is available soon with the shipment of Osmo Pocket on DJI Store (store.dji.com), thanks for your patience.

Hi Mindy,

Thank you for your response.  I got an update on my delivery status on the Osmo Pocket I ordered Friday on Amazon US that It will be arriving Monday.  Surprised that DJI would ship the osmo pocket to customers prior to them being able to activate it because there is no software.   How can this make any sense from the customers perspective?
2018-12-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Gadget Guy Posted at 12-8 15:20
Hi Mindy,

Thank you for your response.  I got an update on my delivery status on the Osmo Pocket I ordered Friday on Amazon US that It will be arriving Monday.  Surprised that DJI would ship the osmo pocket to customers prior to them being able to activate it because there is no software.   How can this make any sense from the customers perspective?

Hi Gadget Guy, the Osmo Pocket hasn't started shipping officially, you may get it from the resellers, this is not what we predicted, the APP will be released soon together with the shipment of Osmo Pocket, thanks for your patience.
2018-12-10
Use props
skyhighmedia
First Officer
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Gadget Guy Posted at 12-8 15:20
Hi Mindy,

Thank you for your response.  I got an update on my delivery status on the Osmo Pocket I ordered Friday on Amazon US that It will be arriving Monday.  Surprised that DJI would ship the osmo pocket to customers prior to them being able to activate it because there is no software.   How can this make any sense from the customers perspective?

DJI Store doesn't ship out Osmo Pocket's until the app is released. But many resellers got the Osmo Pocket in stock a while ago. They shouldn't ship out until the app is released.
2018-12-10
Use props
Gadget Guy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-10 03:47
Hi Gadget Guy, the Osmo Pocket hasn't started shipping officially, you may get it from the resellers, this is not what we predicted, the APP will be released soon together with the shipment of Osmo Pocket, thanks for your patience.

Thanks Mindy.  What is the official ship date?  Is it 15 Dec?
2018-12-10
Use props
IftiBashir
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Official release date is the 15th.
Many retailers have stock but shouldn't ship until this date.
The Mimo app was submit to Apple and apparently rejected. Hence some changes have been made to the app and re-submit. It should be cleared by Apple by the 17th (that the last date I was given anyways).

And yes, you do need the Memo app in order to activate the OSMO Pocket. Hence even if you get it early you won't be able too use it without the app. Once activated you can use the Pocket on its own as normal.

I still have a developer version of the app, which seems to work fine. Will switch to the official release when available.
If interested, my full review is here : https://forum.dji.com/thread-174406-1-1.html
2018-12-10
Use props
TimK1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 71975 ft
United Kingdom

IftiBashir Posted at 12-10 12:31
The Mimo app was submit to Apple and apparently rejected. Hence some changes have been made to the app and re-submit. It should be cleared by Apple by the 17th (that the last date I was given anyways).

Doesn't Apple have a change freeze soon too - so if the app isn't ready soon then they don't let you release anything over the holidays?
2018-12-10
Use props
Gadget Guy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

IftiBashir Posted at 12-10 12:31

Thanks for the info.  I have an android Samsung note 8 and my wife has an apple 6 or 7.  Hope the app comess out on one of these soon.  I received thr Osmo Pocket today from Amazon. I ordered last Friday afternoon.
2018-12-10
Use props
Gadget Guy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Gadget Guy Posted at 12-10 14:43
Thanks for the info.  I have an android Samsung note 8 and my wife has an apple 6 or 7.  Hope the app comess out on one of these soon.  I received thr Osmo Pocket today from Amazon. I ordered last Friday afternoon.

Came Today.
20181210_182811.jpg
20181210_182732.jpg
2018-12-10
Use props
Troc Loc
New

Vietnam

Do some google search and you can active it. Just need an Android phone with Type-C connector. And if you want the final Mimo app, wait until 15 Dec. I can use my Pocket alone (after borrow my colleague's Android phone to active it) Will switch to final app when it release.
2018-12-10
Use props
djiuser_UrMSkFx1I0dY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1306 ft
Thailand

Troc Loc Posted at 12-10 20:07
Do some google search and you can active it. Just need an Android phone with Type-C connector. And if you want the final Mimo app, wait until 15 Dec. I can use my Pocket alone (after borrow my colleague's Android phone to active it) Will switch to final app when it release.

Ive tried to google for it, but am coming up empty. Any clues?
2018-12-10
Use props
Troc Loc
New

Vietnam

djiuser_UrMSkFx1I0dY Posted at 12-10 20:48
Ive tried to google for it, but am coming up empty. Any clues?

Check your PM pls
2018-12-10
Use props
Bird_emontionz
lvl.1

Thailand

Hi I just got it today can you share to me also
2018-12-10
Use props
djiuser_UrMSkFx1I0dY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1306 ft
Thailand

Troc Loc Posted at 12-10 22:43
Check your PM pls

Thanks.
2018-12-10
Use props
fans08203534
lvl.1
Flight distance : 340377 ft
Denmark

I can't seem to find the activation method you are describing here... Can you help me? :-)
2018-12-10
Use props
Gadget Guy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the reply. I searched how to act osmo pocket without mimo app and did not find procedure you describe. Can you share what you found with me?  Also if you activate this way any risk it won't work correctly with the release of the mimo app?  Thanks.
2018-12-11
Use props
skyhighmedia
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Gadget Guy Posted at 12-11 02:26
Thanks for the reply. I searched how to act osmo pocket without mimo app and did not find procedure you describe. Can you share what you found with me?  Also if you activate this way any risk it won't work correctly with the release of the mimo app?  Thanks.

There's no possible way to activate the Osmo Pocket without the DJI Mimo app, you simply have to wait...
2018-12-11
Use props
skyhighmedia
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

App for iOS was released now!
2018-12-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Gadget Guy Posted at 12-11 02:26

Hi Gadget Guy, glad to know you have received the Osmo Pocket, it cannot be activated without the DJI Mimo, and DJI Mimo has also been released, may I know if you have activated it and do you have any further concern?
2018-12-12
Use props
fansbdec1272
lvl.1
United States

Change the setting in the apple App Store from iPad only to iPhone only and the Mimo app will appear.  It’s in the upper left after you search for the Mimo app
2018-12-14
Use props
anlar
lvl.4
Sweden

fansbdec1272 Posted at 12-14 07:14
Change the setting in the apple App Store from iPad only to iPhone only and the Mimo app will appear.  It’s in the upper left after you search for the Mimo app

I have a problem..
Downloaded mimo app to activate osmo. app launches, displays an agreement note the first time. confirms this and the app crashes. second launch - app crashed after displaying intromscreen for a second or so. Tried reinstalling app, tried resetting iphone. app crashed every time.

Downloaded app to ipad, app works and osmo activated.
But it would be nice to be able to use iphone... iphone x used.
Has anyone else the same problem ?
2018-12-14
Use props
fans2badef11
New

Sweden

anlar Posted at 12-14 10:40
I have a problem..
Downloaded mimo app to activate osmo. app launches, displays an agreement note the first time. confirms this and the app crashes. second launch - app crashed after displaying intromscreen for a second or so. Tried reinstalling app, tried resetting iphone. app crashed every time.

It crashes on my iPhone 6s Plus.
2018-12-14
Use props
djiuser_2A4051Z0Wz4K
United States

I got my Osmo Pocket yesterday (Fri, Dec 14th), three days ahead of the scheduled delivery by FedEx. (YAY!!!)

The app was available yesterday as well. Downloaded and installed with NO issues, it immediately installed the DJI update on the Osmo and activated it, no problem. Apple iPhone 7 Plus.

Shooting with the Osmo shows that the focus problems some reviews were mentioning have been resolved as mine was shooting crisp video even in low light. The sound from the Osmo mic is MUCH improved over the samples I heard in reviews before the update! Overall, so far I'm thrilled with this camera.

I also downloaded Mimo into my smaller iPad Mini (using it on my 12.9" iPad Pro wouldn't keep the whole package nice and small) and found that it DOES work on iPad, though there is an issue with the gimbal hitting the corner of the iPad if it turns too far to the right. Probably won't use it with the iPad, but good to know it'll work in a pinch.

2018-12-15
Use props
djiuser_2A4051Z0Wz4K
United States

I got my Osmo Pocket yesterday (Fri, Dec 14th), three days ahead of the scheduled delivery by FedEx. (YAY!!!)

The app was available yesterday as well. Downloaded and installed with NO issues, it immediately installed the DJI update on the Osmo and activated it, no problem. Apple iPhone 7 Plus.

Shooting with the Osmo shows that the focus problems some reviews were mentioning have been resolved as mine was shooting crisp video even in low light. The sound from the Osmo mic is MUCH improved over the samples I heard in reviews before the update! Overall, so far I'm thrilled with this camera.

I also downloaded Mimo into my smaller iPad Mini (using it on my 12.9" iPad Pro wouldn't keep the whole package nice and small) and found that it DOES work on iPad, though there is an issue with the gimbal hitting the corner of the iPad if it turns too far to the right. Probably won't use it with the iPad, but good to know it'll work in a pinch.

57F7D7A7-C282-4FBF-BC08-DA9F63AC16A1.jpeg
3A3BF5C1-5CE3-415F-8D19-FADEBCE36EC5.jpeg
2018-12-15
Use props
djiuser_2A4051Z0Wz4K
United States

80751C65-4303-4CC5-A02D-2A8FB29F1C70.jpeg
3C52146E-2FB1-47F9-97B6-0B9A0B0B2637.jpeg
2018-12-15
Use props
fansb8104f10
New

Italy

anlar Posted at 12-14 10:40
I have a problem..

Exactly thr same issue!
2018-12-18
Use props
daniel.vogel
New

Switzerland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-12-7 20:30
Hi Gadget Guy, we are sorry for the inconvenience that has been caused. DJI MIMO is available soon with the shipment of Osmo Pocket on DJI Store (store.dji.com), thanks for your patience.

what is the status now with DJI Mimo app. Bought my osmo pocket and cannot download mimo app for iphone 8. makes me extremely mad. pls fix asap.
2019-1-8
Use props
daniel.vogel
New

Switzerland

what is the status now with DJI Mimo app. Bought my osmo pocket and cannot download mimo app for iphone 8. makes me extremely mad. pls fix asap.
2019-1-8
Use props
daniel.vogel
New

Switzerland

what is the status now with DJI Mimo app. Bought my osmo pocket and cannot download mimo app for iphone 8.
2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

daniel.vogel@ro Posted at 1-8 01:06
what is the status now with DJI Mimo app. Bought my osmo pocket and cannot download mimo app for iphone 8.

Hi daniel.vogel, sorry to hear that, how did you download? Please search DJI Mimo at APP Store and then download, if it fails, is there any error message?
2019-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules