Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Narrow Obsticle Avoidance
1037 5 2018-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mooredrone
lvl.1
United States

I think I have noticed that when I'm flying and enter the avoidance zone, I cannot simply press the C1 button and continue the movement. I have to stop, let go of the sticks so they return to zero, then depress the C1 button and continue the flight. It sure does ruin a smooth flight from a free zone into a danger zone.
Am I right about this?

I can't seem to make a "high to low" crane move then push into a narrow spot.
Only work around I've figured out is to hold the narrow mode from the very beginning. Not great for dextarity.

Any idea/feedback would be much appreciated.

2018-12-7
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can always turn off "Obstacle Avoidance"
2018-12-7
Use props
mooredrone
lvl.1
United States

Well....duh....I must be a genius...not.

Thanks Rodger8 for the simple solution for my feeble mind.

Now to see if I can go run into something!
2018-12-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We would recommend flying your drone in an open area wherein there are no interferences to avoid the incident, however, you can still fly your drone depending on your preferences. Thank you for understanding and have a safe flight!
2018-12-10
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha moore,

Aside from what Roger said, and it does point you in a good direction, I would like a clarification.  Are you flying in "Tripod" Mode?  It sounds like you have "Narrow Sensing" linked to the "C1" keys, is that what you have?

If that is the case, one fix is to use a "Popsicle Stick" (or other flat stick) as a lever to hold down the C1 button.  Tape one end to the remote controller and it is much easier to press the whole stick than the small button.  That done, I fly the whole sequence holding the stick down so Narrow Sensing is engaged during the whole sequence.

There are a number of other ways to keep the C1 button depressed but you have to "jury rig" the remote controller.  You have to admit though, Roger has the easiest solution, disable collision avoidance!

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-12-11
Use props
mooredrone
lvl.1
United States

Thanks everyone.
Turning off Obstacle Avoidance was the answer. Everything is seamless now thanks to Rodger!
#Cetacean - Interesting and neat solution to control keys depression. Reminds me of Chuck Yeager when he broke the sound barrier. He broke some ribs the day before the flight and had to rig a broom handle to close the hatch on the X1.
#DJI Tony - Thank you for your advice. Open space certainly reduces collision problems. Limits the dramatic angles that WOW clients though... ;-o

I have been using Litchi Waypoints quite a bit so I can focus on yaw and gimbal control.
I've found that when flying in tight spots, I setup the mission on site then test fly it with eyes on, then I can fly "FPV" with little concern of a collision.

Too bad about DJI's Go Waypoint setting. 3m from that. 10m from there. All too close to set a waypoint. It has little control over a waypoint or mission. Wish I could stay in the Go app more of the time. I get it though. Lawyers look for anyway they can to make money...  I think Litchi would let me set a waypoint in the middle of a tree and move it from branch to branch!

Thanks again for the help with suggestions. I really do appreciate your feedback and input.

Happy flying!
2018-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules