Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Any plans for HEVC?
2343 7 2018-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansaa50bee7
lvl.1
Hong Kong

I noticed that the Osmo Pockets using the relatively old H.264 codec, are there any plans to bring HEVC onboard? (Assuming the hardware can even handle it)

Thanks
2018-12-7
Use props
Serb
lvl.1

Canada

Good question... any way of bringing H.265 codec into picture via firmware update somehow?
2018-12-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. As of the moment, we haven't received an information if the Osmo Pocket will support the HEVC codec, however, we will forward your suggestion to our team to see if the Osmo Pocket could possibly provide the H265 codec. I would recommend paying attention to our website for further updates. Thank you for continued support.
2018-12-9
Use props
Cameleon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60394 ft
United Kingdom

I'd imagine the H264 encoding is done via hardware accelerator so unless it supports H265 then I'm not sure it will likely be included in a future update. Hopefully the hardware that does the encoding supports it or is updatable.
2018-12-11
Use props
fans9819e253
lvl.1
Qatar

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-12-9 12:55
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. As of the moment, we haven't received an information if the Osmo Pocket will support the HEVC codec, however, we will forward your suggestion to our team to see if the Osmo Pocket could possibly provide the H265 codec. I would recommend paying attention to our website for further updates. Thank you for continued support.

I recently bought Osmo Pocket and realizing no HEVC is a big disappointment. Your competition GoPro does have.

I use iPad Pro for video editing and being limited to 4k 30fps is unfair in 2019. All your drones support HEVC so looking forward to hearingsome update news guys. Please.
2019-2-5
Use props
Joemar7
Second Officer
  • >>>
American Samoa

fans9819e253 Posted at 2-5 03:54
I recently bought Osmo Pocket and realizing no HEVC is a big disappointment. Your competition GoPro does have.

I use iPad Pro for video editing and being limited to 4k 30fps is unfair in 2019. All your drones support HEVC so looking forward to hearingsome update news guys. Please.

Great point!  It's painful to transfer 4k 60 to an Apple device, not to mention the huge files the OP produces.  It's not a fair comparison but this is where GoPro really shines at handling files.  I hope DJI adds HEVC but it all depends if the processor is capable of this, otherwise they might be saving it for a possible Pro edition.  
2019-2-5
Use props
hedac
Second Officer
Spain

Also a fix for the current H264 codec so that it can be editable in real-time would be nice.

2019-2-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans9819e253 Posted at 2-5 03:54

Hi, we do appreciate your feedback to us. No worries, we will consider this as a suggestion and provide this to our designated department to see what we can do to make it happen in the future. Thank you for understanding.
2019-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules