out of stock??
4564 36 2018-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiguy001
lvl.4

Canada

was thinking of getting the phantom 4 pro 2.0, but... seems it is "out of stock"?

does this mean a new phantom 5 is coming out in 3-4 months - or - can you fix it so I can get the phantom 4 2.0?

thx!

2018-12-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi djiguy001, Phantom 4 Pro 2.0 is just out of stock temporarily, please leave your email on the purchase page and we will send you a notification as soon as we have the item in stock. We do not have any news of Phantom 5 currently, please note our website about the future update, thanks for your attention.
2018-12-8
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

It means DJI is having trouble getting parts in to build more Phantoms.

Lots of other authorized DJI dealers have them in stock. You can buy from one of those dealers if you need one right now.
2018-12-8
Use props
paul2660
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10331 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe they are getting parts to help fix the yaw during hover issues?  Boy that sure would be a nice thing.  My P4 Vr 2.0 cannot hover without movement usually to the right.  Also still has issues in flight,  angling to the right.  

Paul C
2018-12-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

paul2660 Posted at 12-8 11:49
Maybe they are getting parts to help fix the yaw during hover issues?  Boy that sure would be a nice thing.  My P4 Vr 2.0 cannot hover without movement usually to the right.  Also still has issues in flight,  angling to the right.  

Paul C

Have you calibrated the drone?

RedHotPoker

2018-12-8
Use props
paul2660
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10331 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, it's been calibrated, several times.  Calibration for for IMU and compass.  I have not attempted a vision sensor calibration, as I fly with them off most of the time and don't think that they should be a root cause for this.  The P4 Vr 2.0 (mine was shipped in June 2018) early units all seemed to have this issue  (yaw during hover or inability to hover in place), and compass errors.  Compass error was a inaccurate error and many complained about this, and it was fixed somewhat in one of the 2 firmware updates.  I still get an occasional false positive compass error.  I call it false positive since the actual compass shows fine, no error, but for some reason the DJIGO4 app puts a compass error across the front of the screen (top left).  Simple fix is just do the compass dance.  

The yaw issue is much more trouble some and I have had reports of pilots who purchased the Vr 2.0 in Sept and October who also have the same problem.  It causes problems in both still photography and video, for me more so stills where I need to take a multiple 5 shot bracket (for exposures beyond the -1.34 to +1.34 DJI currently allows). By the time you have adjusted shutter speed for the 2nd set of brackets, the drone has moved and thus the 10 frame won't align.  I have tested similar shots with my MP2, MPP, Spark and several P4 Pros (not Vr 2.0) and none of them have this issue.  All stay rock solid no yaw.

The directional control in straight flight is also a bit of a problem, as the drone tends to push to the right in straight flight and when flying straight up.  I have also calibrated the sticks a couple of times on the controller in DJIGO4, but no change.  

As DJI has never actually agreed that the yaw issue exists (however there are plenty of posts on this site and others) along with youtube videos showing the problem.  I am hesitant to send the drone in for a "repair" as I definitely don't want a different physical drone due to the odds of getting one with a camera problem.  My camera on the Vr 2.0 is tack sharp, and centered by far the most important thing for my work.

I just don't understand why DJI can't fix this issue with firmware as it's only seems to persist in the Vr 2.0 P4's.

Paul C
2018-12-8
Use props
Burningham
New
United States

I think it's BS.  DJI is giving it's loyal customers the middle finger, so I say we give it right back and stop buying their products.  I agree they make the best stuff, but their arrogance regarding that is just too much.  They're sitting there thinking "make those losers wait, they won't buy another drone from another manufacturer".  Well I say F them and let's stop buying their products until they give us an honest explanation  of why we can't purchase Phantom 4s instead of trying to sucker us into buying the inferior Mavic POS.
2019-3-16
Use props
Burningham
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-12-8 00:27
Hi djiguy001, Phantom 4 Pro 2.0 is just out of stock temporarily, please leave your email on the purchase page and we will send you a notification as soon as we have the item in stock. We do not have any news of Phantom 5 currently, please note our website about the future update, thanks for your attention.

Sorry, but I'm calling BS on your explanation, or lack thereof.  DJI is just screwing over their loyal customers.  If it's because the 5 is coming out, say so., if it's because it's being discontinued to get us to buy the crappy Mavic, say so.  But this "lack of parts" with no known timeframe of when they will be available is just bullcrap.
2019-3-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Burningham Posted at 3-16 14:21
Sorry, but I'm calling BS on your explanation, or lack thereof.  DJI is just screwing over their loyal customers.  If it's because the 5 is coming out, say so., if it's because it's being discontinued to get us to buy the crappy Mavic, say so.  But this "lack of parts" with no known timeframe of when they will be available is just bullcrap.

Hi Burningham, due to a shortage of parts from a supplier, DJI is unable to manufacture more Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 and Phantom 4 Pro+V2.0 drones until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause and recommend to explore DJI's Mavic series drones as an alternative solution to serve your needs.
2019-3-16
Use props
JockC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-16 22:11
Hi Burningham, due to a shortage of parts from a supplier, DJI is unable to manufacture more Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 and Phantom 4 Pro+V2.0 drones until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause and recommend to explore DJI's Mavic series drones as an alternative solution to serve your needs.

Mindy, those devices have now been effectively low on stock since November.  Are you confirming that the Phantom 4 Pro 2.0 parts will become available again and those drones will definitely become available in the stores again?
2019-3-17
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

JockC Posted at 3-17 01:29
Mindy, those devices have now been effectively low on stock since November.  Are you confirming that the Phantom 4 Pro 2.0 parts will become available again and those drones will definitely become available in the stores again?

Aloha Jock,

The supply-line problem involves $28 million theft with four guys arrested so far and a hundred more under investigation (as of a couple months ago).  It is not an easy problem to solve much less getting the supply line up and running with enough controls to prevent it from happening again.  Plus DJI is not fond of discussing such things in public.

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-3-17
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Burningham Posted at 3-16 14:17
I think it's BS.  DJI is giving it's loyal customers the middle finger, so I say we give it right back and stop buying their products.  I agree they make the best stuff, but their arrogance regarding that is just too much.  They're sitting there thinking "make those losers wait, they won't buy another drone from another manufacturer".  Well I say F them and let's stop buying their products until they give us an honest explanation  of why we can't purchase Phantom 4s instead of trying to sucker us into buying the inferior Mavic POS.

Aloha Burningham,

The supply-line problem involves $28 million theft with four guys arrested so far and a hundred more under investigation (as of a couple months ago).  It is not an easy problem to solve much less getting the supply line up and running with enough controls to prevent it from happening again.  Plus DJI is not fond of discussing such things in public.  Kind of easy to understand under the circumstances.

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-3-17
Use props
JockC
lvl.4
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 3-17 01:41
Aloha Jock,

The supply-line problem involves $28 million theft with four guys arrested so far and a hundred more under investigation (as of a couple months ago).  It is not an easy problem to solve much less getting the supply line up and running with enough controls to prevent it from happening again.  Plus DJI is not fond of discussing such things in public.

Irrelevant to what I asked. I simply asked Mindy to confirm that the Phantom 4 Pro would definitely be back on the shelves in the future.
2019-3-17
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

JockC Posted at 3-17 05:22
Irrelevant to what I asked. I simply asked Mindy to confirm that the Phantom 4 Pro would definitely be back on the shelves in the future.

Aloha Jock,

In Posts #2 and #11, Mindy is saying "yes", the P4 Pro V2, and + (plus), will be back on shelves.  In fact you can leave your email address and you will be one of the first to know it is back on the shelf.  This is the closest you will get to a simple "yes" from DJI on any level.  Sorry, but that is the best you can get.

The Phantom Series is the best seller DJI has ever had and is still their best seller.  The OcuSync transmission system is the transmission system DJI is moving toward and they are already on Version 2.  That is why the P4 Pro (Version 1) was discontinued.  The Phantom platform is Iconic for DJI and it is very reasonable to assume that they will always have a white quad the size of the Phantom for sale no matter what the name.  The Phantom is the most copied platform among drones for the retail market.

If you pay attention to what DJI is doing and read everything you can get your hands on regarding DJI (including the stupid stuff), you will understand what is happening in the "small" drone market because DJI leads that market.  The rest of the problems you find with DJI are cultural.  Look into the details of Chinese History, you will be very impressed and amazed.

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-3-17
Use props
JockC
lvl.4
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 3-17 15:07
Aloha Jock,

In Posts #2 and #11, Mindy is saying "yes", the P4 Pro V2, and + (plus), will be back on shelves.  In fact you can leave your email address and you will be one of the first to know it is back on the shelf.  This is the closest you will get to a simple "yes" from DJI on any level.  Sorry, but that is the best you can get.

I have owned two Phantoms and a Mavic 2 so I’m very familiar with how DJI is reluctant to provide any information to its customers. Despite that, I’ve asked a very simple question and would like for a DJI representative to respond.
2019-3-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 3-17 15:07
Aloha Jock,

In Posts #2 and #11, Mindy is saying "yes", the P4 Pro V2, and + (plus), will be back on shelves.  
DJI's temporary parts supply problem has been going for 5 months now.
It might have been a convenient cover story back in November but it's well past its use-by date now.
DJI Mindy has no information at all and is simply repeating what she was told to say a long time ago.

Whatever DJI is up to, they aren't wanting to say.

2019-3-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

JockC Posted at 3-17 20:07
I have owned two Phantoms and a Mavic 2 so I’m very familiar with how DJI is reluctant to provide any information to its customers. Despite that, I’ve asked a very simple question and would like for a DJI representative to respond.

You may as well give up.
DJI reps here are the last place you'll get answers.
They know less than the average forum member.
2019-3-17
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

JockC Posted at 3-17 20:07

Aloha Jock,

Sorry, it is not going to happen.  As has been said many times, "Change what you can, but do not get discouraged by what you cannot change."  As they say in New York, "Forget about it!"

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-3-17
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-17 22:29
In Posts #2 and #11, Mindy is saying "yes", the P4 Pro V2, and + (plus), will be back on shelves.  
DJI's temporary parts supply problem has been going for 5 months now.
It might have been a convenient cover story back in November but it's well past its use-by date now.

Aloha Labroides,

But we can still hope!  I sure would like to get those guys who screwed with the DJI supply chain by the short hairs with a pliers!  (And maybe a little meat to!)

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-3-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JockC Posted at 3-17 01:29
Mindy, those devices have now been effectively low on stock since November.  Are you confirming that the Phantom 4 Pro 2.0 parts will become available again and those drones will definitely become available in the stores again?

Hi JockC, this is the latest news we got from the sales team, did you check from other platforms? https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy
2019-3-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-17 23:54
Hi JockC, this is the latest news we got from the sales team, did you check from other platforms? https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy

DJI Mindy ... is there any chance you can find out what's really happening with the Phantom series?
2019-3-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 3-17 23:27
Aloha Labroides,

But we can still hope!  I sure would like to get those guys who screwed with the DJI supply chain by the short hairs with a pliers!  (And maybe a little meat to!)

Hi Cetacean ... It might be a mistake to connect the fraud issue with stopping Phantom 4 production.
They could be completely unrelated, just like the presumed upcoming release of a successor is almost certainly not connected.
2019-3-18
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-18 00:10
Hi Cetacean ... It might be a mistake to connect the fraud issue with stopping Phantom 4 production.
They could be completely unrelated, just like the presumed upcoming release of a successor is almost certainly not connected.

Aloha Labroides,

No argument there but it does not look likely in my view of the situation.  From what I have read, what we are seeing fits right in.  But then, what business would not turn bad apples into applesauce if they could.  So really, I cannot argue, mostly because, like all the rest of us, I do not know.  

Sure wish we could get an update though.

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-3-18
Use props
JockC
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-17 23:54

Hi Mindy , with respect, your reply provided a list of DJI retailers but my question was asking specifically for DJI to confirm that the current low/no stock availability of Phantom 4 Pros would be resolved and that it will become readily available again.  After 5 months of low/no stock, many potential buyers and owners are very concerned that the product may have been discontinued.
2019-3-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Labroides Posted at 3-18 00:07
DJI Mindy ... is there any chance you can find out what's really happening with the Phantom series?

Hi Labroides, as I explained in the previous post, they are out of stock because of a shortage of parts from a supplier, we do not have more info about it. Thanks for your understanding.
2019-3-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JockC Posted at 3-18 01:13
Hi Mindy , with respect, your reply provided a list of DJI retailers but my question was asking specifically for DJI to confirm that the current low/no stock availability of Phantom 4 Pros would be resolved and that it will become readily available again.  After 5 months of low/no stock, many potential buyers and owners are very concerned that the product may have been discontinued.

As I have explained before,  we are unable to manufacture more Phantom 4 Pro (+) V2.0 because of a shortage of parts from a supplier, we do not have more info about it. If we get more news, we will keep you posted. Thanks for your understanding.
2019-3-20
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-20 03:09
As I have explained before,  we are unable to manufacture more Phantom 4 Pro (+) V2.0 because of a shortage of parts from a supplier, we do not have more info about it. If we get more news, we will keep you posted. Thanks for your understanding.

Aloha Mindy,

Mahalo for your patience!  I guess you can see there are a lot of P4 Pro V2 fans here.  It will be nice when these supply problems are solved.  Back to normal!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-3-20
Use props
NolaDrone
lvl.1

United States

Hey, I bought mine recently from Aerial Media Pros. They were great equipping me with all my gear.
2019-3-20
Use props
NolaDrone
lvl.1

United States

Hey, I bought mine recently from Aerial Media Pros. They were great equipping me with all my gear.
2019-3-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-20 03:07
Hi Labroides, as I explained in the previous post, they are out of stock because of a shortage of parts from a supplier, we do not have more info about it. Thanks for your understanding.

No Mindy ... I don't understand how you can say it's a parts shortage when it's been going on for 5 months now.
That just doesn't wash.
It might have been a good explanation to give if it lasted a few weeks or a month but it's impossible to believe after this long.

What's the real story?
2019-3-20
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just a thought, but, has anyone noticed any parts that have dried up, if so, theres your answer, if not then surely it should be any time soon, shoulnt it? I know the build would dry up before the service side as parts would have been ear marked for service. I would  have thought that the part(s) they are waiting for (if any) would have dried up outside of DJI by now???
2019-3-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Cetacean Posted at 3-20 03:51
Aloha Mindy,

Mahalo for your patience!  I guess you can see there are a lot of P4 Pro V2 fans here.  It will be nice when these supply problems are solved.  Back to normal!

I understand your concern and much appreciate your support to DJI, once there is any more info, we will update in our online store.
2019-3-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Labroides Posted at 3-20 16:18
No Mindy ... I don't understand how you can say it's a parts shortage when it's been going on for 5 months now.
That just doesn't wash.
It might have been a good explanation to give if it lasted a few weeks or a month but it's impossible to believe after this long.

That is all the info we have as of the time being, we haven't received the further news yet even we have pushed several times, sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
2019-3-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-21 20:01
That is all the info we have as of the time being, we haven't received the further news yet even we have pushed several times, sorry again for the inconvenience caused.

That's OK, it's been obvious for months that DJI aren't telling you or anyone else what's going on with the Phantom.
2019-3-21
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-21 19:58
I understand your concern and much appreciate your support to DJI, once there is any more info, we will update in our online store.

Aloha Mindy,

Mahalo!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-3-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Labroides Posted at 3-21 20:31
That's OK, it's been obvious for months that DJI aren't telling you or anyone else what's going on with the Phantom.

Thanks for your understanding, if there is any more news, we will update in our online store.
2019-3-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Cetacean Posted at 3-21 20:50
Aloha Mindy,

Mahalo!

No problem, enjoy flying.
2019-3-22
Use props