Posket MicroSD Card
1632 10 2018-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jeffuk
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi all ... a few questions about the MicroSD for the pocket.

1.  What is the maximum capacity card the Pocket will accept.

2.  When recording with a phone attatched, I have seen one Youtube  review which says that it writes to the phone’s memory rather than the  Pocket memory.  Is that correct?

3.  i’m confused about the speed recomendations for the card.  it seems  to have quite a slow write speed requirement but considerably faster  cards are suggested.  Which card speed is required for it please.

Thanks.

Jeff

2018-12-8
Use props
EMBE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 320118 ft
  • >>>
Germany

According to the specs:

-1-
128 GB

-2-
Its recording to the SD card - bitrate is simply too high.

-3-
Have to checkout myself after I receive the pocket. I tend to use at least SanDisk Ultra or Extreme - writing is faster, which means less pressure and heat on the cam und less pressure on me, when copy the footage on my computer ;)
2018-12-8
Use props
Jeffuk
lvl.2

United Kingdom

EMBE Posted at 12-8 11:12
According to the specs:

-1-

Many thanks .... I guess it will be the adventure of discovery ....

FWIW, I don't know where you are but if in the UK/EU I needed to buy a MicroSD Sandisk 160mbps yesterday and found them on the German Amazon site somewhat cheaper than the UK price.  I ordered it yesterday lunchtime and paid a  couple more euros for next day and much to my suprise it arrived today before lunch.  I saved myself a bit of cash.
2018-12-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Jeffuk. Thank you for the inquiry. The DJI Osmo Pocket Supports microSD (Max. Capacity: 256 GB). For additional reference I will be posting a link where you will be able to see the specifications of the DJI Osmo Pocket. If you have any other inquiries. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you.
2018-12-9
Use props
Jeffuk
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-9 07:56
Hello and good day Jeffuk. Thank you for the inquiry. The DJI Osmo Pocket Supports microSD (Max. Capacity: 256 GB). For additional reference I will be posting a link where you will be able to see the specifications of the DJI Osmo Pocket. If you have any other inquiries. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you.

Thanks Stephen ... perhaps you can answer ...

>>2.  When recording with a phone attatched, I have seen one Youtube  review which says that it writes to the phone’s memory rather than the  Pocket memory.  Is that correct? <<
2018-12-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Jeffuk Posted at 12-9 09:01
Thanks Stephen ... perhaps you can answer ...

>>2.  When recording with a phone attatched, I have seen one Youtube  review which says that it writes to the phone’s memory rather than the  Pocket memory.  Is that correct?

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. We're currently checking your concern with our team. We will get back as soon as we've confirmed this inquiry. Thank you for continued support.
2018-12-9
Use props
Paolo L.
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-9 07:56

Thank's for the tip.
What do you think, about this micro SD?
2018-12-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Paolo L. Posted at 12-10 05:17
Thank's for the tip.
What do you think, about this micro SD?
[view_image]

Hello and good day Paolo L.. For the sample SD Card that you have posted. Yes, this SD Card class is compatible with the DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you.
2018-12-10
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sandisk Extreme should work fine.

I have been testing with a 200GB Lexar 200x.
I get around 186GB available after formatting etc.
Seems to be working fine for me so far.
2018-12-10
Use props
k9kids
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4951 ft
United States

As soon as my OP arrives from BH Photo I’ll be using this micro SD card.
2018-12-11
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Followup question:

I'm going to be using 2 128GB U3 SanDisk  Exteme. Do  you have to format the microSD before installing into the OP and if so, should it be NTFS or ExFat?
2018-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules