Tello over fresh snow
2166 3 2018-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

This was the expected behaviour, but I thought I'd share with the others anyway.

We had a gorgeous day with fresh now covering the ground and the trees today.
I flew a couple of missions with Mavic Pro, but thought of giving Tello a short chance to fly outside in the garden. What I expected was a full ATTI mode, as the snow was so fresh as to not have any reference points for the VPS to work with.

Sure enough, after launching from a windown on the ground floor, once Tello was outsde, the app gave some VPS warning and Tello began drifting slowly with the 1 m/s light breeze. No problem in keeping it in place manually, but no photos as I could not take photos AND keep the drone in place at the same time (and no video either, since the iOS app is broken and freezes when attempting to conclude a video recording). After a short spin around the garden in full ATTI mode, I returned it back home through the window

2018-12-8
Use props
Cepheroh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1691959 ft

Malaysia

Thanks for sharing eperience on snow. Too bad my place no snow. Regarding IOS app freeze off your location in settings tello app. Mine works no more App freeze after turning off location.
2018-12-9
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Thanks for sharing
2018-12-13
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

Cepheroh Posted at 12-9 04:08
Thanks for sharing eperience on snow. Too bad my place no snow. Regarding IOS app freeze off your location in settings tello app. Mine works no more App freeze after turning off location.

That does not help to solve the Ryze bug.

I've both tried disabling the location services under the Tello app settings (setting it to "Never") and disabling the location services globally for the whole iPhone. The app continues to hang on video recording completing.
2018-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules