Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 Enterprise battery?
5481 12 2018-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MaxxxaM
lvl.1

United States

Are the enterprise battery compatible with the mavic 2 pro/zoom?

In this post
https://forum.dji.com/thread-174242-1-1.html , I stated that I live in a cold area and wanted to get the enterprise because of the battery has self heating. I thin found out that the enterprise doesn't have the the modes like active track and hyperlaps.
2018-12-8
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, they are compatible.
2018-12-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi MaxxxaM, thank you for bringing this query to us. Yes, but the Mavic 2 Enterprise’s battery has self-heating function, so it is recommended that the Mavic 2 Enterprise’s battery is used with the Mavic 2 Enterprise. Kindly reach us again if you have concerns. Thank you.
2018-12-8
Use props
KerryG
First Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought Mavic 2 Enterprise batteries for my Mavic 2 Pro because we fly in very cold conditions during the winter. The batteries are complete cross-compatible.
2018-12-13
Use props
atercervus
First Officer
Flight distance : 1084957 ft
Monaco

KerryG Posted at 2018-12-13 14:39
I bought Mavic 2 Enterprise batteries for my Mavic 2 Pro because we fly in very cold conditions during the winter. The batteries are complete cross-compatible.

Is the self-heating option actually working on the Pro?
2019-1-24
Use props
danwal1982
lvl.3
Flight distance : 40932 ft
Germany

I got my M2E today and i checked the Labels on the M2E battery pack. I think the self heating seems to be just a marketing thing. Cause the Model-No. on the battery of the M2E is completly the same as on the batteries of my M2 Zoom.

If there is a diffrence in fact - please tell me how could it have the same Model-No. ???
2019-1-24
Use props
Buzzyone
Captain
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

danwal1982 Posted at 1-24 15:43
I got my M2E today and i checked the Labels on the M2E battery pack. I think the self heating seems to be just a marketing thing. Cause the Model-No. on the battery of the M2E is completly the same as on the batteries of my M2 Zoom.

If there is a diffrence in fact - please tell me how could it have the same Model-No. ???

I guess the test is to try the self heating function.

According to the M2E manual, press and hold the battery button for 5 seconds and it will go into pre-heat, if the battery is below 6C.

Put one in the fridge fr an hour and see if it will go into pre-heat when you take it out.
Heating the Battery

Manual Heating: Make sure the battery is powered off. Press and hold the Power Button for five seconds to initiate battery warm up manually.
The battery will warm up if the temperature is below 43 °F (6 °C) and the battery level is above 45%. As it warms up, the brightness of the LED indicators will change accordingly, signaling ‘no LED light’, low, medium, or high.
The battery will stop warming when it reaches 46 °F (8 °C), and the LED indicators will blink clockwise, indicating that the battery temperature is between 46 to 50 °F(8 to 10°C). This will last for approximately 20 minutes and then the battery will power off automatically.
2019-1-27
Use props
danwal1982
lvl.3
Flight distance : 40932 ft
Germany

During flight all batteries will heat up so this is more a pre heat function before using the battery, right?
2019-1-29
Use props
Buzzyone
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

danwal1982 Posted at 1-29 03:49
During flight all batteries will heat up so this is more a pre heat function before using the battery, right?

Yes, you press the button on the battery for 5 seconds when its off and it preheats. If the battery is cold enough the aircraft wont start, so you cant get it warm by using, if its below 15C you normally get a warning message on the controller to raise the battery temp, along with a message that power output will be limited until the battery warms to over 15C
2019-1-29
Use props
Buzzyone
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

danwal1982 Posted at 1-24 15:43
I got my M2E today and i checked the Labels on the M2E battery pack. I think the self heating seems to be just a marketing thing. Cause the Model-No. on the battery of the M2E is completly the same as on the batteries of my M2 Zoom.

Battery firmware - the heater is there but not enabled by battery firmware?? Maybe, who knows?
2019-1-29
Use props
KerryG
First Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

atercervus Posted at 1-24 02:27
Is the self-heating option actually working on the Pro?

The battery doesn't even need to be in the aircraft for the heater to work, its built into the battery.
2019-1-31
Use props
TrevorSK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

I fly in extreme cold, but I keep my spare battery inside my coat next to my body, so when I Install it, it's almost room temp. Is there any advantage for me to buying the heated ones? Do they heat during flight, or just preheat for flight?
2019-2-4
Use props
dagr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1763898 ft
Sweden

TrevorSK Posted at 2-4 10:14
I fly in extreme cold, but I keep my spare battery inside my coat next to my body, so when I Install it, it's almost room temp. Is there any advantage for me to buying the heated ones? Do they heat during flight, or just preheat for flight?

Late answer but I would say no. I do the same here in Sweden and it works very well.

If I have understood things correctly the M2E battery will work with the manual heating even with the M2Z and M2P but the automatic heating does not work. Also, I have seen posts saying you should not update the M2E battery firmware in a M2Z/M2P if you want to keep the functionality.

Anyone who has tested this?
2019-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules