Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
MicroSD card won't click in
11583 20 2018-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EnigmaticFlight
lvl.1
United States

I recently just purchased this MicroSD card for my Mavic 2 Zoom: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/san ... 066.p?skuId=9387066

When I tried to insert it into the microSD card slot for the drone, it fit in perfectly at first but as I tried to click it in, it simply refused to do so!

Could this be a factory defect with my drone?

2018-12-8
Use props
B1houdini
Captain
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Could be that the slot  is set back to far where it won't lock the SD into place.
Here is a short video that might help. If not then there's probably  a problem with the slot and you will have to send it back for a fix.
Hope you get your problem resolved.

2018-12-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Have you tried to use the SD card from the drone? Can you please upload a sample video of the issue so that we can check it on our end? You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Thank you for your support.
2018-12-8
Use props
EnigmaticFlight
lvl.1
United States

B1houdini Posted at 12-8 10:27
Could be that the slot  is set back to far where it won't lock the SD into place.
Here is a short video that might help. If not then there's probably  a problem with the slot and you will have to send it back for a fix.

Worked perfectly! I think it was just that my fingernails were short
2018-12-9
Use props
aesculus2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 69245 ft
United States

EnigmaticFlight Posted at 12-9 20:10

And have a pair of tweezers handy to take it out.
2018-12-9
Use props
B1houdini
Captain
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

EnigmaticFlight Posted at 12-9 20:10

Glad to hear you got it resolved.
Just be careful when you try to eject it. Now that it is in farther it might spring out like a bullet.
2018-12-10
Use props
djiuser_gnOxSNZMOKAl
New

United States

B1houdini Posted at 2018-12-10 08:09
Glad to hear you got it resolved.
Just be careful when you try to eject it. Now that it is in farther it might spring out like a bullet.

I’m having the same issue! No matter how far I push it, it won’t stay clicked on!
2020-6-30
Use props
1DJI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47687 ft
United States

I have the same issue with my DJI Mavic Pro. It doesn't matter how far i push in the micro SD cards (I've tried several different brands), they won't snap into place. What's the solution? Is there one?
2020-12-2
Use props
Spaceman_66
First Officer
Flight distance : 82323 ft
United States

Having the exact same issue with my brand new DJI Air2s. Will try using something to push it in a bit farther. Hopefully that’t will fix it!brand new
2021-10-30
Use props
djiuser_vLWEo2lK2RBN
New
United States

I just purchased the mini pro 3 and having the same issue I have to use a toothpick to snap it in place and take it out kinda sucks to be honest because I don’t want to damage the sd card or sd port
2022-9-4
Use props
djiuser_aNokTAAwgQI6
New

Israel

Hi I am facing the same problem but not with the drone  itself (mini pro 3) but with the RC.  It won't snap.   It is brand new   What can be done? I tried to push it with a a thin needle but it doesn't matter how deep it gets it still won't stay in place. Please help me solve this issue!!
2022-9-15
Use props
djiuser_9T8qeFqrmJ7r
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Yep. Same here. Brand new RC (only arrived yesterday). Tried to insert a recommended SanDisk ExtremePro 128Gb. But it won't stay in, if your toothpick slips, it fires out like the speed of a bullet?

What to do? I don't fancy sending it to China. Can DJI UK solve the problem?
2022-11-27
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Captain
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Doesn't the topic of a "not-clicking-in mSD card in the DJI RC" have its own thread, possibly with solutions I am fairly certain I have seen one but I suppose it might be on mavic pilots.
Why would a UK user have to return the controller to China? Uk repairs are dealt with by DJI UK and returns go to, I think, Amsterdam, you just need to careful to fill in and possibly attach, all the correct customs declarations and paper work.
2022-11-27
Use props
JmsWms
First Officer
Flight distance : 3301565 ft
United States

djiuser_9T8qeFqrmJ7r Posted at 11-27 10:33
Yep. Same here. Brand new RC (only arrived yesterday). Tried to insert a recommended SanDisk ExtremePro 128Gb. But it won't stay in, if your toothpick slips, it fires out like the speed of a bullet?

What to do? I don't fancy sending it to China. Can DJI UK solve the problem?

Are you sure you're putting the SD card in the correct way? The metal terminals on the card face down as you're inserting it from the front view of the RC.
2022-11-27
Use props
-Buccaneer-
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Morning JmsWms. Thank you for your message.

Yes, I can confirm the Card is the right way up. I tried to insert 3 different cards (just to see if they would "click" in place".  All with the same result.

The card will go in, but not click in place. It will just eject itself. I can use a small piece of flat plastic to help hold the card in place, but over a period of time (say 10 hours) the card works itself out again.

I think this is a warranty job.
2022-12-1
Use props
-Buccaneer-
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 11-27 11:53
Doesn't the topic of a "not-clicking-in mSD card in the DJI RC" have its own thread, possibly with solutions I am fairly certain I have seen one but I suppose it might be on mavic pilots.
Why would a UK user have to return the controller to China? Uk repairs are dealt with by DJI UK and returns go to, I think, Amsterdam, you just need to careful to fill in and possibly attach, all the correct customs declarations and paper work.

That's right Chief. An RC Unit that has passed QC (but hasn't) has to be returned for repair, yet I'm the one having to fill out Customs Declarations.
2022-12-1
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Captain
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

-Buccaneer- Posted at 12-1 01:24
.....................yet I'm the one having to fill out Customs Declarations.

Is that a significant problem?
2022-12-1
Use props
Mustafa Sayan
lvl.1
Turkey

Hello everyone. Considering the question of @EnigmaticFlight after almost 4 years, yes I think it is a factory defect since I had just the same issue with my brand RC that comes with a mini 3 pro drone. SD card slot on drone worked without an issue but no matter what I did, I couldn't insert the sd card inside the RC. I could make it only once, but not a second time. I think the metal wire inside the slot is easily lose its function. So, it is definitely not a user malpractice as it may sometimes be implied by any officials or commentators here in the forum with the question of “did you insert it in correct way?”. Anyway, I immediately delivered my RC to official technical service here in Istanbul and DJI replaced the RC without any questioning at all. Only the guy in the service pushed my nerves a little bit with the above question. But I think DJI is fully aware of this factory defect on some of the devices and I recommend you to do the same thing without bother yourselves too much as I did at first. Because it may be really annoying when you have your brand-new device and can’t use it properly due to a malfunction of maybe the cheapest part of the full device.
2023-1-10
Use props
djiuser_6u6zVBse4owy
New

Australia

I bought my mini 3 pro a year ago and have only just tried to put an ad card in the RC and it pops out just like everyone else in this forum. What are my options since it was bought a while ago but is obviously a very big issue with many of these devices?
2023-7-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_6u6zVBse4owy Posted at 7-30 05:40
I bought my mini 3 pro a year ago and have only just tried to put an ad card in the RC and it pops out just like everyone else in this forum. What are my options since it was bought a while ago but is obviously a very big issue with many of these devices?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Could you please provide us with a short video showing the issue on your DJI RC? You may upload the video via Google Drive and send the link here so we can check. Please keep us posted and rest assured that we will help you resolved this issue of yours. Thank you!
2023-8-6
Use props
djiuser_Mk8fqmfB7vvC
lvl.1

Brazil

B1houdini Posted at 2018-12-8 10:27

It works, thank you for the tip
2-13 06:37
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules