Ronis S won't center
1851 15 2018-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
markt99
lvl.2
United States

I've had my Ronis S for a few weeks. It was working fine until a couple of days ago. When panning or tilting the gimbal will not return to center it stays a couple of point off. Balance test is fine, I've recalibrated, restored fine tuned and nothing works. Help!!

MT
2018-12-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Would it be possible if you can provide a sample video and screenshot of the issue? So we can check this on our end. Thank you.
2018-12-8
Use props
markt99
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-8 11:33
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Would it be possible if you can provide a sample video and screenshot of the issue? So we can check this on our end. Thank you.

2018-12-8
Use props
markt99
lvl.2
United States

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Would it be possible if you can provide a sample video and screenshot of the issue? So we can check this on our end. Thank you.

2018-12-8
Use props
markt99
lvl.2
United States

I'm trying to get the video to youtube. As you can see all settings are good. It just will not return to center when panning or tilting. will get you the video link ASAP
2018-12-8
Use props
markt99
lvl.2
United States

2018-12-8
Use props
vladidj
lvl.2
  • >>>
Thailand

Dear markt99. Have a look at this thread https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=163729
There are A LOT of people with the same issue BUT therte is a way that DJI "takes care" of it.
1. They ask for video and screenshots of your RONIN S.
2. Will ask you to reset the "Joint Angle" of the motors
3. Will explain you the logic behind this behavior of the gimbal.
4. Go quiet.
As you you see I never mentioned even in one of the points that the issue is fixed... I've been asking for over 3 months now to fix this issue and NOTHING happened. Since then a lot of people joined with the same issue and DJI still fails to admit that they seriously screwed up with RONIN S "logic". I guess they are too busy with Osmo Pocket launch...
2018-12-8
Use props
markt99
lvl.2
United States

vladidj Posted at 12-8 17:02
Dear markt99. Have a look at this thread https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=163729
There are A LOT of people with the same issue BUT therte is a way that DJI "takes care" of it.
1. They ask for video and screenshots of your RONIN S.

Did it happen with you right out of the box or after some use ? Mine was fine at first. I will be very unhappy if this can't be fixed. It makes it unusable except for very simple shots.
2018-12-8
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49954 ft
United Kingdom

This is how mine behaves and as far as I know always has, surly all it need is a button "return to centre", as said by others, when you turn the gimbal towards the subject you expect the camera to end up back in the centre (where it started) regardless of the deadband setting no? I don't mind how it is for what I shoot right now but its annoying to say the least! Rather than turning your hand back to a normal forward facing posture you always have to take great care watching the monitor/back of camera to be sure you have ended up facing forwards or the Ronin will just stop short of facing forwards... :S Quite strange when you think about it.
DJI, please add an option so the Ronin centeres it self after its moved?
2018-12-9
Use props
markt99
lvl.2
United States

Something is wrong with these Ronins. Until four days ago my Ronin S was returning to center beautifully and was a joy to use. Something changed I don't know what. I did upgrade the firmware in the last few days maybe that's a factor. All I know is it was working perfectly and now it won't return to center. It didn't get knocked or dropped all of a sudden it just started to exhibit this behavior. If they were all like this they wouldn't sell a single one.
2018-12-9
Use props
mactormod0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 860085 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hello dji
i have over the years supported dji by purchasing a lot of kit  
1 osmo
1 osmo pro with x5 camera and focus control
1 inspire 1
2 inspire 2,s
and a shed load of bits go go with it all
bought ronin-s 3 months ago, have not used it in anger yet because it does not do what it says on the box.
after back and fro with dji mindy ,paul and every one else, doing new firmware old firmware , dampen this dampen that .................. it still has a life of its own.
i now have a ronin-s sitting on a shelf because i can not use it , thank you dji ............... now can i have my money back so i can go and buy something that works
2018-12-10
Use props
markt99
lvl.2
United States

mactormod0 Posted at 12-10 03:03
hello dji
i have over the years supported dji by purchasing a lot of kit  
1 osmo

I think I just found an actual solution! In the smooth track pan menu put the sensitivity to 100 in the custom mode,  put deadband to 0 and  speed to 100.  Repeat for tilt. Seems to do the trick.Let me know if this works for anyone else
2018-12-10
Use props
mactormod0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 860085 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

just tried with the above settings, the gimbal will not centre it is at 5 to 12 even if you double click , with these settings on mine when you walk you feel a vibration in your hands ,that can't be good  for motor
2018-12-11
Use props
markt99
lvl.2
United States

mactormod0 Posted at 12-11 02:53
just tried with the above settings, the gimbal will not centre it is at 5 to 12 even if you double click , with these settings on mine when you walk you feel a vibration in your hands ,that can't be good  for motor

I have to say, mine is working perfectly now. Clearly we have different issues.

MT
2018-12-11
Use props
markt99
lvl.2
United States

Did anyone ever analyze my video and screenshots ?
2018-12-20
Use props
markt99
lvl.2
United States

markt99 Posted at 2018-12-8 12:37
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SknAQ_bU-xY

Did anyone ever analyze my video and screenshots ? Its been over a month
2019-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now