M2P gimbal tilting problem
8481 31 2018-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1609482 ft
Greece

Hi, it happened sometimes before, but today it was very often and it was a pain.
I have the drone about 2 weeks.
The Gimball tilts it self mostly during braking or accelerating.The craft movement is slow, wind is almost zero, and usually happens in back  flight when it starts braking, I noticed usually it tilts itself to -1  tilt degree.(I have the +30 degrees menu checked).  Also when i was on sport mode, when i try to tilt the camera up , it is  tilting down, a lot. I was fighting with the gimbal there in sport mode...
update: I also saw another quick movement like that but side to side, on a side movement braking again.

2018-12-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're so sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to calibrate your gimbal? If the issue persists, please try to refresh the firmware of your Mavic 2 Pro via DJI Assistant 2. Please keep us posted for further help. Thank you.
2018-12-8
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Greece

Hi, Natalia, thank you for you help, I just did downgrade and re upgrade in the latest firmware via assistant manager, calibrated and see how it goes in the next flights.
I will get back to you.
Roi.
2018-12-8
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Greece

Today i did 3 flight tests. There was more wind than yesterday.
So the problem was out of control...
I noticed that when going from 0 and + up gimbal degree the problem was almsot continuous.
I know wind pushes the limits but this drone just cannot handle anything from zero wind to....
I also found a video file form the 2nd day i bought it, 24.11.2018, that the problem happened in low wind and slow horizontal travel move. Mostly dusing braking.
I believe i must get a new replacement drone andnot an opened and serviced one...

2018-12-9
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Greece

I really think after tried everything, including different sd cards, that the gimbal motors have problem.
A while ago some frineds from Greek forums, told me that there are many more that hadthis problem in Greece, its the 2nd batch thatcame in country and has bad gimbal motors.
SAD...
2018-12-9
Use props
djiuser_6yZ7pNcdXMYy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21312 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's it! That's the same issue I'm seeing, straight out of the box it's done it!  I feel your pain!
2018-12-18
Use props
djiuser_6yZ7pNcdXMYy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_6yZ7pNcdXMYy Posted at 12-18 13:04
That's it! That's the same issue I'm seeing, straight out of the box it's done it!  I feel your pain!

I'm curious if, as I'm reading this hear, DJI has a response to the issue.  I've done a total of 4 flights with my M2Pro, same issue each flight.  It's done it right out of the box.  Firmware update upon first power up and this.  It would appear they have a widespread issue based upon what's been stated in this thread.
2018-12-18
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Greece

djiuser_6yZ7pNcdXMYy Posted at 12-18 13:08
I'm curious if, as I'm reading this hear, DJI has a response to the issue.  I've done a total of 4 flights with my M2Pro, same issue each flight.  It's done it right out of the box.  Firmware update upon first power up and this.  It would appear they have a widespread issue based upon what's been stated in this thread.

I have some projects to finish and i will send it after Christmas and new year holidays for service, its a bad gimbal.
Since i know 4 people that have this problem , i am sure it's big issue...
I quess you will have to send it in too.
For us in Europe, it has to go to Germany, and back. That's almost a month !
2018-12-18
Use props
Grey bird
New
Flight distance : 15318 ft
United States

I'm having the same issue.  DJI please advise.
2018-12-18
Use props
djiuser_6yZ7pNcdXMYy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Interesting how this is becoming so similar to the issues we've seen with a number of their last releases.  We understand that there are firmware updates as time goes on, however, it appears that a lot of folks are having the same or similar issues.  If the answer is to send the drone in, then my suggestion is they send out a replacement so those who have spent a substantial amount of money are not waiting upwards of 30 days.  If they don't want to do that, then they can pay for overnight shipping back and forth.  These type of product issues are continuing with increase frequency and frankly, it's the customers, us, who continue to suffer for their issues.
2018-12-19
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Greece

djiuser_6yZ7pNcdXMYy Posted at 12-19 04:49
Interesting how this is becoming so similar to the issues we've seen with a number of their last releases.  We understand that there are firmware updates as time goes on, however, it appears that a lot of folks are having the same or similar issues.  If the answer is to send the drone in, then my suggestion is they send out a replacement so those who have spent a substantial amount of money are not waiting upwards of 30 days.  If they don't want to do that, then they can pay for overnight shipping back and forth.  These type of product issues are continuing with increase frequency and frankly, it's the customers, us, who continue to suffer for their issues.

As i use the drones for work, i would love to have a replacement or something during service time. Unfortunately dji has not considered to give that option yet.
They have their way of dealing with problems: 1. get a ticket. 2. send it in 3.wait.
If you want to be reliable to your clients, you must have at least 2 systems ready to work. If one fails,like our m2p's, we must have a second unit.
2018-12-19
Use props
djiuser_6yZ7pNcdXMYy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I agree with you.  The alternatives.  1 - When you get a DJI drone in the prosumer market, provide overnight shipping to and from, when it's their issue.  

In the P4 & M2pro, you are talking about units that approach 2k.  You expect some sort of QC, which, IMO has been failing as of late.  I have too many horror stories from their service including DOA units and their support stating the drone must have been crashed.  How does it crash when it's never been flown.  This is another example of what appears to be a widespread issue and the response I've seen so far is...crickets.

I just did a gimbal calibration again last night and will make my 5th flight with it today.  I'm not anticipating a resolve.  If I was DJI, I would consider this a rather large embarrassment of one of their "lauded" products.  Too many "oddities" being reported with their new "flagship" camera.
2018-12-19
Use props
djiuser_6yZ7pNcdXMYy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Well, flew today.  Was hoping.  Mid 30's.  Blue sky, light winds and ...a gimbal jump.  I don't see a rhyme or reason.  I've had them happen on a straight line, turning, reverse and today turning, right after hovering.  It would appear it's another DJI issue, which a substantial number of folks have posted videos on, yet...crickets.  Can't wait for Autel to come out with their 1" sensor.  If that occurs, the Mavic 2 pro may be gone from my drones.
2018-12-19
Use props
djiuser_6yZ7pNcdXMYy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I'm curious why there's no response from DJI.  Seeing more evidence on this in YouTube videos and other forums.  Yes they just released more to their lineup. If there's an issue, do what's supposed to be done.  Admit it, get a process to fix it and move on. That's how quality companies resolve issues like those shown above, not by silence.  It's called taking ownership for a problem and showing your customers you are willing to resolve an issue.
2018-12-21
Use props
djiuser_6yZ7pNcdXMYy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-8 16:29
Hi, we're so sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to calibrate your gimbal? If the issue persists, please try to refresh the firmware of your Mavic 2 Pro via DJI Assistant 2. Please keep us posted for further help. Thank you.

Quick question for you on the DJI Assistant 2.  Is there a particular link that we should use to download and run for windows 10?  I've seen a number of folks have problems, including myself and want to avoid the headaches again when I put in on my new computer.  Thanks!
2018-12-22
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_6yZ7pNcdXMYy Posted at 12-22 04:07
Quick question for you on the DJI Assistant 2.  Is there a particular link that we should use to download and run for windows 10?  I've seen a number of folks have problems, including myself and want to avoid the headaches again when I put in on my new computer.  Thanks!

Make sure you are in the Mavic TWO downloads.  While I'm not sure if the Assistant has different versions, there are App versions for the earlier Mavics that are not necessarily compatible.  (although, folks have been using earlier Assistant versions since they allow people to tweak some hidden settings)
2018-12-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_6yZ7pNcdXMYy Posted at 12-22 04:07
Quick question for you on the DJI Assistant 2.  Is there a particular link that we should use to download and run for windows 10?  I've seen a number of folks have problems, including myself and want to avoid the headaches again when I put in on my new computer.  Thanks!

Hi, sorry for late response. Please make sure you are using the DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic when using Mavic 2 Series drone. This software is different from the usual DJI Assistant 2 for other drones.
2018-12-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Phantom_Film Posted at 12-9 08:40
I noticed that when going from 0 and + up gimbal degree the problem was almsot continuous.

Hi, we're very sorry about this issue. The best way to fix this issue is to send the Drone in for assessment and for repair and analysis. We have a professional team who will evaluate the issue and fix it. Please go to www.dji.com/support for further help. Thank you.
2018-12-22
Use props
Cmartin3977
lvl.4
Flight distance : 304744 ft
United States

I firmly believe that this was a feature implemented to keep the gimbal from maxing out when forward flight and it’s not working like they planned it to. Dji needs  to get its head out of its butt and remove this programming in the firmware via an update, because obviously it’s not working right. Mine from level will jump down when going forward  about 6 to 8 degrees and once it’s down that much it won’t do it again.  It’s obviously a firmware action in which is messing up good video.  Get with the Program and remove this out of the firmware.
2018-12-22
Use props
Cmartin3977
lvl.4
United States

Phantom_Film Posted at 12-9 08:40

Exactly the same thing mine does in a decent headwind.  This so called feature need to be removed.
2018-12-22
Use props
Cmartin3977
lvl.4
United States

Don’t let dji service fool you guys, it’s in the firmware and until dji realizes it’s messed up the programming it’s not gonna change no matter how may time you get another drone it’s gonna be the same.  The zoom and the 2 pro both do it and numerous complaints about it.  I don’t really care why it was put in place , but it needs fixed ASAP!!!!!!!!
2018-12-22
Use props
djiuser_6yZ7pNcdXMYy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-22 08:58
Hi, sorry for late response. Please make sure you are using the DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic when using Mavic 2 Series drone. This software is different from the usual DJI Assistant 2 for other drones.

Thanks for the response.  I did download dji assistant 2 and run it against the m2p.  It did find inconsistencies with the firmware on the drone.  It did a refresh on it.  I'll see what happens on this now.  From what I'm reading and seeing on YouTube etc, this appears to be a fairly widespread problem.  I've even experienced it in tripod mode, which was slow with no gimbal movement and light winds.  Can you find out if they have perhaps a limit set to low which is causing the issue?  It would be nice to know to avoid further problems and issues that folks may have.  Thanks!
2018-12-23
Use props
djiuser_6yZ7pNcdXMYy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-22 08:58

just wanted you to know that I  did download per your link.  It also stated that there was a virus on in the software.   I can forward you the message from Bitdefender, they are the top in the industry, with Gen.Trojan.Heur.PM.2 virus.  

DJI assistant stated there was an inconsistency with the drone firmware.

I tested and had the same results.  Based upon my results and numerous others, is this a firmware issue or is this a hardware, gimbal issue?

I await your response prior to letting others following my thread and social media know.  Appreciate your response!
2018-12-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_6yZ7pNcdXMYy Posted at 12-23 17:26
just wanted you to know that I  did download per your link.  It also stated that there was a virus on in the software.   I can forward you the message from Bitdefender, they are the top in the industry, with Gen.Trojan.Heur.PM.2 virus.  

DJI assistant stated there was an inconsistency with the drone firmware.

Hi. We highly recommend you to turn off the Anti-virus and firewall when using  the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic. Also, I will forward this concern to our R&D department for further clarification. Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated.
2018-12-24
Use props
AlexCHI
lvl.1
Russia

Точно такая же проблема. Полет в обратном направлении в режиме P при резком торможении. S режим при полете вперед и назад точно так же. Подскажите как решить проблему?
2019-1-2
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

Count me amongst the people who are now encountering this issue...

For me, it's occurring in Sport mode, at full speed in forward direction. I never noticed it before since getting my replacement M2P because I never use Sport mode for the most part, so it's disconcerting to say the least.

Checking my drone attitude gauge during flight, I see that when it's at full speed forward, the attitude of the drone is at an extreme pitch, so I'm wondering if this isn't either A) a physical limitation of the gimbal tilt angle at this attack angle, or B) a software "feature" meant to tilt the gimbal down in order to keep the props or nose piece out of the camera view whilst at full throttle.

Also, this occurs for me in ZERO wind, AND windy conditions; the tilt down amount is always between -7 to -8 degrees, regardless of wind.

I have re-calibrated the gimbal a few times, and re-flashed the FW, no effect.
2019-1-2
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

So I did a little digging, and have an explanation why the gimbal tilts downward, at least in Sport mode...

The gimbal tilt range is -90 to +30 degrees, which is the total field of vertical movement physically possible for this gimbal.

The M2 is rated for a maximum tilt angle of -35 degrees at full-throttle in Sport mode, and -25 degrees in P mode. This is why the Gimbal constantly pitches down in Sport mode, because the drone is tilting down further than the gimbal can handle.

This also explains why I can usually only get +2-3 degrees tilt while at full-throttle in P-mode, as the M2 is already around -25 degrees tilt angle in flight.
2019-1-8
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Greece

EdisonW1979 Posted at 1-8 11:21
So I did a little digging, and have an explanation why the gimbal tilts downward, at least in Sport mode...

The gimbal tilt range is -90 to +30 degrees, which is the total field of vertical movement physically possible for this gimbal.

I thought of that too, it is a logic explanation and i did not mind having that "issue" in sport mode.
The problem is when it happens in normal mode, zero wind and low speed...
I will know what happened in a few weeks i hope, i have sent my m2p in Dji service in Germany for the gimbal problem and a dead battery after 11 flights , and an opened transmitter (i dont know why, never fell or pressed).
I feel lucky !!!
2019-1-8
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 917087 ft
Italy

A user from another forum answers me to our problem:

“When you stop from backwards flight the aircraft will pitch nose down, if you are stopping too harshly then the gimbal will run out of travel and hit the upwards physical stop, this could be what you are seeing”

so ... abrupt movements, wind component causes the gimbal motor is less fast than the drone itself and shows the effect of the "lag of the gimbal movement" in effect if you fly in P mode with camera pointed at level -5 down this jump it does not happen anymore (the gimbal has more movement range).
2019-1-21
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2019-1-23
Use props
aerography.pt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2012687 ft
Portugal