Suggestion: Screen protector needed (like ND filter design)
1818 12 2018-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HUYZER
lvl.2
United States

Hello,

On your DJI - Meet Osmo Pocket video, at 0:06

I see it mounted on a motorcycle helmet, which I plan to do.  You have the neutral density filters with the magnetic mount coming soon.  I suggest including a clear version for the ND kit, for protection against damage from high speed recording or dirt biking.  Also, sell it as a single, clear protection accessory for those who don't need the ND filters.
2018-12-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for sharing your suggestion and feedback with DJI. I will forward this request to our R&D department. Thanks for your support.
2018-12-8
Use props
HUYZER
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-8 16:19
Hi there. Thank you for sharing your suggestion and feedback with DJI. I will forward this request to our R&D department. Thanks for your support.

Thank you for letting me know the suggestion will reach R&D.
2018-12-8
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-12-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

HUYZER Posted at 12-8 16:46
Thank you for letting me know the suggestion will reach R&D.

You're most welcome, Huyzer.
2018-12-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Honbobo Lens Filter UV/CPL/ND4/ND8/ND16/ND32/ND64/STAR Filter Kit for DJI Osmo Pocket (UV) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07L ... p_tai_FWPdCbHDGGZ3Q
You can buy on amazon
2018-12-10
Use props
HUYZER
lvl.2
United States

El Diablo Posted at 12-10 00:54
An ND4 or even ND8 will do the job and will also reduce the shutter speed to more balanced rates. Specially the ND4 will not cause any issues unless you are riding at night.

Thanks El Diablo,

This is true, it would be a workaround.  But, like you said, there is that limiting factor.
2018-12-10
Use props
HUYZER
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 12-10 09:05
Honbobo Lens Filter UV/CPL/ND4/ND8/ND16/ND32/ND64/STAR Filter Kit for DJI Osmo Pocket (UV) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07L412424/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_FWPdCbHDGGZ3Q
You can buy on amazon

Thanks, hallmark007.

Hahaha!  Oh my gosh, they already have third party selling accessories.  That's cool!  Just not sure if it's the magnetic kind that DJI has, or if this fits over it.  Hmm.  Either way, should work, hopefully.    Thanks, again!
2018-12-10
Use props
KerryG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you are shooting video outdoors, then you need the ND filters for proper shutter speed
2018-12-10
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-12-10
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-12-10
Use props
HUYZER
lvl.2
United States

KerryG Posted at 12-10 22:19
If you are shooting video outdoors, then you need the ND filters for proper shutter speed

Not sure why you would say this.  If the ISO is low enough, and the shutter speed is high enough, it should be fine without an ND filter.  I'm going to guess all the review units sent out to YouTubers didn't have ND filters, and the footage was fine.  But when you do want to use a wider aperture for bokeh, or a slower shutter speed for motion blur, then an ND filter would be useful.  All I'm looking for right now is a clear one for protection of the lens.
2018-12-10
Use props
HUYZER
lvl.2
United States

El Diablo Posted at 12-10 23:09
Although they are the 1st, I wouldn't put an ND filter from a brand called Honbobo in front of my 4K 60fps little camera ;)

Haha.  We'd be a bobo to want to, right?  ;)
2018-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules