Where is mimo?
1616 14 2018-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zhuo
lvl.2

United States

Pocket delivered today. Seems mimo not available now?
2018-12-8
Use props
Zhuo
lvl.2

United States

Not sure why dji still not release mimo. Seems some people (not only me) have received delivery.
2018-12-8
Use props
sergeant
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

DJI has reported that they currently have a few final tweaks to finish with the Mimo app, after which it will be available in the app stores.
2018-12-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi Zhuo, thank you for bringing this query to us. We're sorry for the inconvenience that has been caused. DJI MIMO is available soon. Currently, we don't have the time frame of the DJI Mimo release. Kindly standby for updates on our website. Your patience is highly appreciated. Thank you.
2018-12-9
Use props
Zhuo
lvl.2

United States

Can we have a release date of mimo? I know I have three friends also received their pocket already. Even if the 3rd party has shipped out early, why wouldn’t you offer your customer a release date of the app required for activation? Early delivery is not your customer’s fault.
2018-12-10
Use props
IftiBashir
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I understand Apple rejected the Memo App and hence it needs a few tweaks, which I think DJI techs are on at the moment.
It may have already been re-submitted to Apple for approval, so its more Apples side of things taking the time rather than DJI.
2018-12-10
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-12-11
Use props
vcook1
New

Netherlands

As I understand from messages on this forum, the device does not work at all out of the box. It is said to need activation using a smartphone with the app. Is that really the case? The product page doesn't contain any warning about this and neither to third party webstores.
2018-12-11
Use props
vcook1
New

Netherlands

As I understand from messages on this forum, the device does not work at all out of the box. It is said to need activation using a smartphone with the app. Is that really the case? The product page doesn't contain any warning about this and neither do third party webstores.
2018-12-11
Use props
skyhighmedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

The DJI Mimo app is now available for iOS.
2018-12-11
Use props
skyhighmedia
lvl.4
  • >>>
Norway

vcook1 Posted at 12-11 06:39
As I understand from messages on this forum, the device does not work at all out of the box. It is said to need activation using a smartphone with the app. Is that really the case? The product page doesn't contain any warning about this and neither do third party webstores.

Just like any other DJI equipment it has to be activated before use. No reasons for any warnings. The Mimo app is available for iOS now and should be released for Android soon hopefully.
2018-12-11
Use props
vcook1
New

Netherlands

skyhighmedia Posted at 12-11 07:32
Just like any other DJI equipment it has to be activated before use. No reasons for any warnings. The Mimo app is available for iOS now and should be released for Android soon hopefully.

Drone owners might be used to this, but I never had a camera that needed online activation, nor did I have to agree with a privacy policy that would even make Mark Zuckerberg shiver.

The Mimo app supports only a very limited (mainly Huawei) Android phones. In my country Sony smartphones are popular. The list of phones that the app supports is not on the product page, but hidden somewhere in a FAQ on store.dji.com. So many people will order this camera and only when it arrives find out that it is unusable because the app needed to activate it doesn't work on their phone.
2018-12-11
Use props
Rogue0ne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30322 ft
United Kingdom

skyhighmedia Posted at 12-11 07:31
The DJI Mimo app is now available for iOS.

I can’t find it. I’ve looked on my iPhone and iPad.
Edit - scrap that. Doesn’t show in iTunes s arch, but if you look at dji apps it’s listed there.
2018-12-11
Use props
skyhighmedia
lvl.4
  • >>>
Norway

Rogue0ne Posted at 12-11 08:06
I can’t find it. I’ve looked on my iPhone and iPad.
Edit - scrap that. Doesn’t show in iTunes s arch, but if you look at dji apps it’s listed there.

It was just released. Probably takes some time for it to show up in "search".
2018-12-11
Use props
skyhighmedia
lvl.4
  • >>>
Norway

vcook1 Posted at 12-11 08:00
Drone owners might be used to this, but I never had a camera that needed online activation, nor did I have to agree with a privacy policy that would even make Mark Zuckerberg shiver.

The Mimo app supports only a very limited (mainly Huawei) Android phones. In my country Sony smartphones are popular. The list of phones that the app supports is not on the product page, but hidden somewhere in a FAQ on store.dji.com. So many people will order this camera and only when it arrives find out that it is unusable because the app needed to activate it doesn't work on their phone.

The list you see now on DJI Mimo page on dji.com is under development like it is stated on the page. Samsung and Sony models will work as well. My Samsung Galaxy S9 already works flawlesly. It just takes some time to test and confirm all different types of camera models.

2018-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules