Racing Edition Goggles Instructions leave me wondering???
870 2 2018-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Porkhunt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1417 ft
Australia

I recently purchased a set of DJI Racing Edition Goggles and was having a lot of trouble getting them to work! The instructions were very misleading as they led me to believe I haad or should of had a Occusync module in the box!
Well! That is not the case! Ther is NO Occusync module in the box and all they do is Rabbit on about how to set up the Occusync etc etc! and I no even noticed that Captain Steven said that the Occusync is in the box! Anyway after many hours of downloading all sorts of assistants from DJI Nothing worked so I went to "The Drone Shop" in Bayswater Western Australia and Steven and Michael sorted it out for me!
Another downside to buying these is that they don't tell you will more than likely need to buy magnifying eyepieces before you can use them ! especially if you are 50 yrs plus! or 60 years plus like I am!
Also what they don't tell you is that if you have a P4 ADV like mine you can not use them wirelessly!! Now That SUCKS!!! False advertising I reckon! The view from these thing is less than what I expected! In this day and age i would have thought you could buy these things and adjust the eyepiece to suit your eyes for Near of Far sightedness! But NAH!!!  I have twenty dollar pair of binoculars that can be adjusted for my old eyes no problem so why the hell can't DJI do it ?????? Good thing my head aint any bigger or the damn things would not have fitted my Melon! I had it maxxed out and it only just fitted!
So be careful when buying things like this as they often don't perform or do what they say! Comments welcome!
2018-12-8
Use props
Airport Dog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1164226 ft
  • >>>
United States

This forum is  loaded with information about DJI goggles. One of the biggest complaints were how you had to go to third party retailers to get "correctors" to accommodate  most eyes. Then, last year DJI began selling them for half the price the American entrepreneur did and put him out of business,

You can also find that the RE's operate only with a limited line of DJI drones with Occusync wirelessly, only, otherwise you will be plugging in an HDMI cable to the controller output... Man there is a TON of information available and even for somebody way older than you, I found it.

Due diligence when I spend that kind of money, you reckon?
2018-12-15
Use props
Porkhunt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1417 ft
Australia

You can't use a HDMI cable with the P4 Adv here in Australia I don't know why but that what the State agents tell me. As I said I don't know why the instruction book goes on and on about the Occusync Module but here in Western Australia it is NOT included so there is a lot of mis guided information in the booklet!  How about DJI take a look at what sort of information you are supplying people from different Countries! Easy to take our money but not to give proper information!! Even the Suppliers were scratching their heads for a while! As I said a twenty dollar pair of binoculars can be adjust for any ones eyes ! Even if you needed 7x Magnification you could get cheap binoculars to accomodate you! as I said "Leaves me wondering" ???
2018-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules