Can't Download files to PC
1933 14 2018-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mickad
lvl.1
Australia

I plug my usb cable into my PC and the folders appear but in shadow and i cant click on them to then see the files on the SD card.. any ideas?
2018-12-8
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Hi

Can you be a bit more specific please ?

Is this the USB cable between the drone and your PC ?

What sort of PC & which OS ?

Why not just plug the SD card in using an adaptor, thus removing potential issues ?

Also can you try another SD card ?
2018-12-9
Use props
Mickad
lvl.1
Australia

KEJ Posted at 12-9 00:01
Hi

Can you be a bit more specific please ?

Yep the cable from the P4 to my PC which is windows 10. it worked fine last night then today I cant seem to access the folders to watch/download the files from the card. I dont have a micro sd card reader, just ordered one but will take a few days to arrive.
2018-12-9
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Mickad Posted at 12-9 00:09
Yep the cable from the P4 to my PC which is windows 10. it worked fine last night then today I cant seem to access the folders to watch/download the files from the card. I dont have a micro sd card reader, just ordered one but will take a few days to arrive.

Ok - thanks

Strange as it worked previously.

So apart from:  An update to the PC(unlikely), lead damaged or possibly not pushed home properly(possible) or files corrupted on SD Card (possible).

Do you have any friends or family with a PC/Mac that you can try it on(that removes a few things that could be issues)

Do you have a spare SD card or is the stuff on the current card important(can it be deleted) ?

If so format that card, then with your Phantom in the kitchen/room, No props fitted, film something indoors on the newly formatted card(ideally new or different card) and try again.
2018-12-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi Mickad, thank you for bringing this query to us. Apologies for the troubles you had when you try to access your files from the aircraft. While waiting for the micro SD card reader that you ordered, kindly use a different cable and see if the issue still persists. I'd like to ask if you format or switch SD cards? A supported micro SD card has a maximum capacity of 64GB and Class 10 or UHS-1 required. Would it be possible to attach a photo of your SD card? Have you removed your SD card while the aircraft is powered ON? When you are accessing the files from the SD card the aircraft should be powered ON. Can you try to use a different PC or Mac that you may use and see if the issue persists? Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach us again if you have some concerns. Thank you.
2018-12-9
Use props
Mickad
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-9 01:38
Hi Mickad, thank you for bringing this query to us. Apologies for the troubles you had when you try to access your files from the aircraft. While waiting for the micro SD card reader that you ordered, kindly use a different cable and see if the issue still persists. I'd like to ask if you format or switch SD cards? A supported micro SD card has a maximum capacity of 64GB and Class 10 or UHS-1 required. Would it be possible to attach a photo of your SD card? Have you removed your SD card while the aircraft is powered ON? When you are accessing the files from the SD card the aircraft should be powered ON. Can you try to use a different PC or Mac that you may use and see if the issue persists? Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach us again if you have some concerns. Thank you.

Thanks i will try a few tonight and see what happens but now when i hook the controller up as if i was going to fly it now saying the gimbal isnt connected and no picture comes through to my tablet even though it sayd the controller is paired and i can turn the rotors on....
2018-12-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Mickad Posted at 12-9 02:36
Thanks i will try a few tonight and see what happens but now when i hook the controller up as if i was going to fly it now saying the gimbal isnt connected and no picture comes through to my tablet even though it sayd the controller is paired and i can turn the rotors on....

Hi Mickad, I'd like to ask if the aircraft crashed or did have hard landings? Restart the aircraft and check whether this issue can be fixed. What is the brand or make of your tablet? I will be posting some supported devices below for your reference. Thank you.

2018-12-9
Use props
Mickad
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-9 02:58
Hi Mickad, I'd like to ask if the aircraft crashed or did have hard landings? Restart the aircraft and check whether this issue can be fixed. What is the brand or make of your tablet? I will be posting some supported devices below for your reference. Thank you.

[view_image]

no I flew it earlier today and there was no issue. I use Ipad mini haven't had any issues in the past. Just refreshed the last update and seems to have fixed the issue with the connection between the controller and the P4. but still cant access the files from the laptop using the usb cord it shows the folder but wont let me open it for somereason. I can view the files from the ipad when the controller is linked though so fairly certain the SD card is fine.
2018-12-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Why aren’t you inserting the micro SD card into The Computer?

RedHotPoker

2018-12-9
Use props
Mickad
lvl.1
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 12-9 07:54
Why aren’t you inserting the micro SD card into The Computer?

My PC doesn's have a slot for micro sd
2018-12-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Mickad Posted at 12-9 13:34
My PC doesn's have a slot for micro sd

No, many haven’t but you can certainly buy a USB micro SD card reader. I’m lucky, my hp tower already has them, built in.
But also has 12 USB outlets.
633B1167-E94C-4AEB-8EE0-A716E972943D.jpeg

CA05E111-2310-4E91-81CF-634A8145B2B6.jpeg

RedHotPoker

2018-12-9
Use props
Mickad
lvl.1
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 12-9 13:56
No, many haven’t but you can certainly buy a USB micro SD card reader. I’m lucky, my hp tower already has them, built in.
But also has 12 USB outlets.
[view_image]

Yeah nice! yeah i ordered one yesterday but will take a week or so to arrive. more to the point i want to work out why i cant get files onto my laptop using the data cable
2018-12-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Mickad Posted at 12-9 23:03
Yeah nice! yeah i ordered one yesterday but will take a week or so to arrive. more to the point i want to work out why i cant get files onto my laptop using the data cable

No idea, on that glitch.

Hope the adapter works well.

RedHotPoker
2018-12-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Yeah nice! yeah i ordered one yesterday but will take a week or so to arrive. more to the point i want to work out why i cant get files onto my laptop using the data cable

No idea, on that glitch.

Hope the adapter works well.

RedHotPoker
2018-12-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Cables break down over time.
Once you try using an adapter, you'll wonder why you bothered with the cable.
Using a cable takes 10 times longer and is just awkward.
2018-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules