North London Help
571 6 2018-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FuzzyDunlop1979
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hello folks!

So I recently took the plunge and bought a Mavic Pro while watching one in action in while surfing on Portugal in Oct!

I have yet to fly it properly, my first attempt was a bit of a disaster and I crashed it, thankfully this was in the back yard and the drone is fine, small scratch is all.

So this brings me to a request I have...

I was wondering if there are any experienced drone flyers/pilots in north london that I could perhaps tag along with some day to learn and get some experience/tips from?
I am based in Harringey, have a Mavic Pro and will buy lunch!!

Free most weekends and evenings,

thanks,

FD
2018-12-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi FuzzyDunlop1979, thank you for bringing this query to us. Hopefully, someone from this Forum would be able to help you within your region. However, you may find this article interesting to read about Flying Safely . Hope it helps. Kindly reach us again if you have some concerns. Thank you.
2018-12-9
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Forum member A CW would be my suggestion, if I was closer you would be more than welcome to come flying with us anytime.
2018-12-9
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Follow the link to one of Andy's A CW posts and contact him, he's a good guy.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-173694-1-4.html
2018-12-9
Use props
FuzzyDunlop1979
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks all for your replies, much appreciated!

I will reach out to Andy and hopefully he can help!

FD
2018-12-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Some hints that might help.

Tip To Help Avoid compass interference and crash.

1/ Never calibrate Compass unless prompted to.

2/ start AC leave until you receive enough gps lock ,

3/ if you get Compass interference turn off AC and move to another location,
without interference.

4/ In bottom left hand corner on your map you will see small red triangle, check to make sure that this triangle is pointing in the same direction (heading) as your AC, this will show good compass on the ground.

Raise AC to height of 8ft
Hover for 20 seconds
Fly forward 2ft
Backward 2ft
Left 2ft
Right 2ft
Up 2ft
Down 2ft
Yaw left
Yaw right
Each time returning to hover position
If you have a good horizontal each time, you will then know you have good GPS good IMU and good Compass, and your ready to fly.

This exercise takes less than 2 minutes and is worthwhile doing before every flight,
2018-12-12
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

hey fuzzy - unfortunately i cant fly with you but would like to share some additional beginner tips.
1. read the manual - it is an interesting read and will help you a lot
2. try to practice in the simulator as much as possible in yr very early days - flying the drone is easy - flying well and safely takes practice -  the simulator will help train yr brain about what inputs you need to make and give practice in doing that instinctively.
3. do not fly indoors.
4. be careful of the wind -  - if the wind is blowing on the ground just take for granted that is is blowing much stronger up in the sky where there may be no tell tale signs.
5. Do not take of until home point is update and top left bar goes green.

Of course i could go on for ages.. fly safe, take care of yr drone as repairs can be expensive and have fun.
All the best ...good luck..
2018-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules