Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How can I tell version of RC for P3P if I can't get DJI Go to work?
1858 14 2018-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
High View
lvl.3
Flight distance : 122113 ft
United States

Hi,
I downloaded the latest DJI Go app for both my ipad and my Samsung S6 and cannot get past the "How to Connect" page on either one.  Therefore cannot get to About.  So, how do I determine the version running the RC? The aircraft?

Where do I start to get the P3P back into the air?

Thanks for any help
2018-12-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Are you able to swipe up or sideways?

RedHotPoker
2018-12-9
Use props
High View
lvl.3
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 12-9 14:16
Are you able to swipe up or sideways?

Yes.  When I open the DJI Go app. The Inspire I comes up offering the Camera Icon.  If I swipe or otherwise move to the P3P the Camera icon goes away and is replaced with "How to Connect".  From there I can't do anything.
2018-12-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

You are certainly loading the correct Go app version, for your aircraft, I presume?

Perhaps try loading the app again.
Delete it, delete your internet cache and cookies, then reboot the device first.
Now reload the app, and try to open it once again.
Thanks.

RedHotPoker
2018-12-9
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

High View Posted at 12-9 14:39
Yes.  When I open the DJI Go app. The Inspire I comes up offering the Camera Icon.  If I swipe or otherwise move to the P3P the Camera icon goes away and is replaced with "How to Connect".  From there I can't do anything.

Okay, just to be clear...………..you only upgraded your mobile device correct? You have apparently flown before without issues? Is your phantom and RC turned on, and can you move the gimbal or start the motors? If so, you have connectivity between the RC and your phantom. You may already know this but trying to understand just what is going on. When opening up the GO app, it pops up to the Inspire 1, which is saying it is not detecting your phantom. Are you using the same USB cord as before? As RHP says, try removing the app, clearing any cache if you can, then reboot the mobile device and re-install. What version were you running before, and what are you trying to put on your device? Why are you concerned about the RC version number, if you didn't upgrade that? That is why I was asking if you can turn on the motors, etc. You do know you can operate your phantom without a mobile device. Although it is not much fun! LOL  Give a little more feedback as to what exactly you have done and maybe someone can help you get back into the air.
2018-12-10
Use props
High View
lvl.3
United States

RicardoGray Posted at 12-10 06:42
Okay, just to be clear...………..you only upgraded your mobile device correct? You have apparently flown before without issues? Is your phantom and RC turned on, and can you move the gimbal or start the motors? If so, you have connectivity between the RC and your phantom. You may already know this but trying to understand just what is going on. When opening up the GO app, it pops up to the Inspire 1, which is saying it is not detecting your phantom. Are you using the same USB cord as before? As RHP says, try removing the app, clearing any cache if you can, then reboot the mobile device and re-install. What version were you running before, and what are you trying to put on your device? Why are you concerned about the RC version number, if you didn't upgrade that? That is why I was asking if you can turn on the motors, etc. You do know you can operate your phantom without a mobile device. Although it is not much fun! LOL  Give a little more feedback as to what exactly you have done and maybe someone can help you get back into the air.

Okay, just to be clear...………..you only upgraded your mobile device correct?
Don’t know what was upgraded.  When I went to fly, I got a prompt to upgrade.  I accepted.  Since then, I haven’t been able to get to “Camera” icon.
You have apparently flown before without issues? Yes, lots.
Is your phantom and RC turned on, (yes) and can you move the gimbal or start the motors?  Gimbal comes to attention no motors.  P3P blink fast yellow lights – which I think means no connection???.
If so, you have connectivity between the RC and your phantom. (Do the blinking yellow lights tell me that I don’t have connectivity?) You may already know this but trying to understand just what is going on. When opening up the GO app, it pops up to the Inspire 1, which is saying it is not detecting your phantom. Are you using the same USB cord as before? (yes) As RHP says, try removing the app, clearing any cache if you can, then reboot the mobile device and re-install
Did all of above.
What version were you running (not sure-next to last I think) before, and what are you trying to put on your device? Why are you concerned about the RC version number, if you didn't upgrade that? That is why I was asking if you can turn on the motors, etc. You do know you can operate your phantom without a mobile device. Although it is not much fun! LOL  Give a little more feedback as to what exactly you have done and maybe someone can help you get back into the air.
Status of:
DJI Go – latest
RC – left light is always red-connected to iPad or Samsung S6 with same cords I used to fly all over Newfoundland.
P3P – fast blinking yellow light in rear.
Since DJI Go is stuck on “How to connect”, I can’t use it to check anything, nor, to upgrade.  Same with both iPad and Samsung S6.
Do you think I need to link the P3P and the RC outside of DJI Go?  If so, what process.
2018-12-10
Use props
High View
lvl.3
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 12-9 14:45
You are certainly loading the correct Go app version, for your aircraft, I presume?

Thanks,

Tried your suggestions with both Samsung S6 and iPad.  No change.  Not much of an Apple person so am not confident that I purged everything.

See response to RicardoGray
2018-12-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

High View Posted at 12-10 10:03
Thanks,

Tried your suggestions with both Samsung S6 and iPad.  No change.  Not much of an Apple person so am not confident that I purged everything.

When you deleted the cache and cookies, did you check them, to be sure it was indeed cleared?

It’s easy with the iPad.

RedHotPoker
2018-12-10
Use props
High View
lvl.3
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 12-10 10:20
When you deleted the cache and cookies, did you check them, to be sure it was indeed cleared?

Don't know how.  Tell me.

Do you think I need to link RC and P3P.
2018-12-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I can only give instructions for an iPad, but In Safari, go to your Settings.
Then scroll down to, Clear History and Website Data.

Now if you tap Advanced and onto Website Data, it should show Zero...

That’s how to clear and ditch internet cache and cookies. Safe to reboot and reload the app.
Sync your flights first If wishing to store and save any of them first.

RedHotPoker
2018-12-10
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
United States

High View Posted at 12-10 12:37
Don't know how.  Tell me.

Do you think I need to link RC and P3P.

Sounds to me like you should re-link the RC and your phantom. The yellows lights are telling you there is no connection. That would cause the app not to recognize your aircraft. So, you did upgrade the firmware. That is what I had wondered. If the upgrade was successful, it is not uncommon to have to re-link the two. If you don't know how to re-link without the app, you can manually do it. Google the procedure or look on YouTube for (How to re-link my phantom using the "C" buttons). I haven't done it for awhile but I think you press the C1 and C2 buttons and also hit the record button at the same time...…..something like that. Then you push the button on your aircraft next to the LED.

Anyway, if that doesn't work you may have not completed you upgrade properly and I would suggest you download the latest firmware and pout the bin file on your formatted sd-card and do the aircraft first then upgrade your RC using a usb adapter. Check the results file on the sd card to ensure it was successful. You may still have to re-link even if it is successful, but the light on your aircraft should now be green on the back and you should be able to start the motors. If all goes well the app should now work properly as before. Good luck.
2018-12-11
Use props
High View
lvl.3
United States

RicardoGray Posted at 12-11 06:34
Sounds to me like you should re-link the RC and your phantom. The yellows lights are telling you there is no connection. That would cause the app not to recognize your aircraft. So, you did upgrade the firmware. That is what I had wondered. If the upgrade was successful, it is not uncommon to have to re-link the two. If you don't know how to re-link without the app, you can manually do it. Google the procedure or look on YouTube for (How to re-link my phantom using the "C" buttons). I haven't done it for awhile but I think you press the C1 and C2 buttons and also hit the record button at the same time...…..something like that. Then you push the button on your aircraft next to the LED.

Anyway, if that doesn't work you may have not completed you upgrade properly and I would suggest you download the latest firmware and pout the bin file on your formatted sd-card and do the aircraft first then upgrade your RC using a usb adapter. Check the results file on the sd card to ensure it was successful. You may still have to re-link even if it is successful, but the light on your aircraft should now be green on the back and you should be able to start the motors. If all goes well the app should now work properly as before. Good luck.

I think I have everything working. Yes I had to use the C1, C2, Video, camera dial and push the link button. Instructions to be found in download: Firmware_Update_Guide_en_v1.4.pdf pages 4-7

Thanks for your help
2018-12-11
Use props
High View
lvl.3
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 12-10 12:51
I can only give instructions for an iPad, but In Safari, go to your Settings.
Then scroll down to, Clear History and Website Data.

Thanks for your help.

I think I got it working by following directions in the download: Firmware_Update_Guide_en_v1.4.pdf pages 4-7
2018-12-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

High View Posted at 12-11 09:14
Thanks for your help.

I think I got it working by following directions in the download: Firmware_Update_Guide_en_v1.4.pdf pages 4-7

That’s great. Good luck.

RedHotPoker
2018-12-11
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
United States

High View Posted at 12-11 09:08
I think I have everything working. Yes I had to use the C1, C2, Video, camera dial and push the link button. Instructions to be found in download: Firmware_Update_Guide_en_v1.4.pdf pages 4-7

Thanks for your help

Glad you got it!
2018-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules