1727 10 2018-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bluehook
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790814 ft
United States

Mavic Air on a short Litchi mission;

Camera/gimbal appears to be crooked.  It starts around 2:06 and corrects itself at 2:35 - what would cause that?

Anyone see this before?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V4GUCFhDRLM

2018-12-9
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gimbal set to FPV or FOLLOW?
Cross winds?
2018-12-9
Use props
Mikem691
Second Officer
Flight distance : 247474 ft
United States

Are you in sport mode?
2018-12-10
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 12-9 19:45
Gimbal set to FPV or FOLLOW?
Cross winds?

Gimbal is set to "YAW FOLLOW" in Settings/Aircraft/Gimbal Mode of the app -- but honestly, I'm new to Litchi and I don't know if it stays that way when I click it over to "Waypoint" in the upper left-hand corner. I've never looked.

There was some wind that day, 2 mph average and gusts to 7 -- also, that area is at the ridge-line of a mountain.  So maybe there was some updraft, or whatever you call that?

But, I've never seem wind result in the video looking like that and I've flown in much stronger winds.
2018-12-10
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
United States

Mikem691 Posted at 12-10 05:00
Are you in sport mode?

No sir, I am not.  Litchi missions will not execute in Sport mode and this video was shot during one.
2018-12-10
Use props
Mikem691
Second Officer
Flight distance : 247474 ft
United States

Bluehook Posted at 12-10 05:41
No sir, I am not.  Litchi missions will not execute in Sport mode and this video was shot during one.

I only asked because I have only seen mine do that when in sport mode flying side ways. Hope you get it figured out.
2018-12-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have not tested Litchi myself, but you might want to try Go4 in similar conditions.
2018-12-11
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 12-11 12:02
I have not tested Litchi myself, but you might want to try Go4 in similar conditions.

This happened during a Litchi waypoint mission, GO4 doesn't do waypoint missions.

Plus, the last time I used GO4 was after the latest update and it just shut off on me mid-flight.  I didn't get any good answers about that from DJI so I'm not really trusting the GO4 app right now.

I'll open and test it again soon but I still have a very bad taste in my mouth concerning GO4 for now.
2018-12-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bluehook Posted at 12-11 14:13
This happened during a Litchi waypoint mission, GO4 doesn't do waypoint missions.

Plus, the last time I used GO4 was after the latest update and it just shut off on me mid-flight.  I didn't get any good answers about that from DJI so I'm not really trusting the GO4 app right now.

Ok.
I personally never had issues with Go4 app so far.
What device are you using?
2018-12-12
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 12-12 01:32
Ok.
I personally never had issues with Go4 app so far.
What device are you using?

Android/new-ish Samsung phone.

I NEVER had ANY issues with GO4 until I updated to the latest version - then the app just turned off right in the middle of a flight.  It freaked me out and I haven't gone back to it since.

For all I know it was just a fluke/gremlin/one-time bug but it made me very wary of GO4 -- and DJI was no help either.

I will eventually use/figure out what's up with GO4 but I purchased Litchi on sale in the mean time so I'm learning that for now.  And the waypoint missions are super fun -- especially for me because I live in an area with a lot of interference so I don't get much distance in a normal flight before my RC disconnects.  So, having the waypoint mission option has opened up a whole new world to me, literally.

2018-12-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bluehook Posted at 12-12 06:00
Android/new-ish Samsung phone.

I NEVER had ANY issues with GO4 until I updated to the latest version - then the app just turned off right in the middle of a flight.  It freaked me out and I haven't gone back to it since.

Ah ok.
Can't help you with android.
I'm on iOS.
No issues whatsoever.
We (in NL) are not allowed to make autonomous flights, so Litchi is not for me.
There is some debate weather litchi is 'being in control' or not. But for now I won't take the chance.
2018-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules