Thailand Don'ts
1794 29 2018-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AdventureCamp
First Officer

Australia

If you are going to Thailand then our video will be useful for you.  If not then its gots some funny moments and good b-roll. Also if you are planning to fly your drone there, it is illegal to fly  an unregistered drone in Thailand with a penalty of 5 years in Jail and  100,000 baht fine.  Don't be discouraged, there is a process to get  registered.  It can take up to 3 months, or you just do what I did and  register your drone when you get there.  You just have to make sure you  have drone insurance first.

2018-12-9
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing. Just a bit to long.
2018-12-9
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

Howdy,

Not too bad. I have been here for the last 5 yrs and agree with most of the things you have said:

- Vaccines, other than the standard ones you would get back in Canada I am not sure why you needed extra.

- Change, I think that's just a trick to get more money out of you, I have never had a problem. With the TuK Tuks it's better to discuss price before you get in, same with the taxis and by law they are to use the meter most don't , they have crackdowns every other week so always best to negotiate, which of course is very hard if you are new to the country ! Of course it helps I am married to a Thai

- Totally agree about the elephants and also the tiger shows, they are terrible, all drugged up so foreigners can get photos...

As for your Drone footage you are supposed to have a licence to fly here, it can take about 4 months to get... But even with a licence you are not supposed to fly in National Parks (NP) (which covers all islands) and the usual places you could not fly at home... Of course it is the NP and Islands we want to shoot

When you get away from BKK and the tourist type areas things are even cheaper again. For instance I get a 2hr oil massage for 400 Baht about $15 Aus. Same back home is an easy $100 ! Many places to explore here I am lucky enough to go on Yacht charters and visit many islands in the process sadly I have only just got my drone

Looking forward to more of your adventures.
2018-12-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done
2018-12-10
Use props
AdventureCamp
First Officer

Australia

Atlas_Aus Posted at 12-9 22:25
Howdy,

Not too bad. I have been here for the last 5 yrs and agree with most of the things you have said:

Nice detailed response.  

1.  We had to get vaccines in Thailand because we waited until the last minute to get them and some you have to spread over 3 months to 6 months.

2.  We found it cheaper to run the meter on the taxi then negotiate a price.  When we negotiated a total price it was always about 100 to 200 baht more than running the meter.

3. I did have a license to fly my drone.  Quite frankly its a big pain.  I tried getting it before we arrived in Thailand 2 months prior but it never came through.  Good thing you can go to the local NTBC office or Police station to register your drone.  Just make sure you have drone insurance first.  Make sure you get your license or you can face 5 years in prison and 100,000 baht fine.

More adventures to Come.  We are currently in Australia.

2018-12-10
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Excellent tips and great footage of Thailand. Looks like you guys are having a blast, enjoy.
2018-12-10
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

AdventureCamp Posted at 12-10 00:42
Nice detailed response.  

1.  We had to get vaccines in Thailand because we waited until the last minute to get them and some you have to spread over 3 months to 6 months.

Hiya,

Where is Aus are you off to ?

I agree about using the meters in the taxi, if you can... I meant more about the Tuk Tuks and motorbike taxis to always agree on price first.

Yes very aware about the licencing here, but $$ always make things go away...
2018-12-10
Use props
DPOV
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice footage and tips. It seems like they don't have change because it's easier to keep the balance of cash.
2018-12-10
Use props
Sky Carrier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 590102 ft
United States

Very nice video and well informative. Thanks for sharing
2018-12-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi and good day AdventureCamp. Thank you for sharing this amazing video from Thailand. Great job and two thumbs up.
2018-12-10
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

This video brought back a lot of fond memories of my time in Thailand.
Only spent a few days in Bangkok and that was in 1967. Most of my 18 months stay was in the jungle.

Thanks again for your adventure tips.
2018-12-10
Use props
AdventureCamp
First Officer

Australia

Woe Posted at 12-9 18:14

Thank you.  I did shorten it from 13 minutes down to 8.  Its hard to get tips to be short. Thanks for the constructive criticism.  Always appreciated as I always try to get better.
2018-12-10
Use props
AdventureCamp
First Officer

Australia

Woe Posted at 12-9 18:14

Thank you.  I did shorten it from 13 minutes down to 8.  Its hard to get tips to be short. Thanks for the constructive criticism.  Always appreciated as I always try to get better.
2018-12-10
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very cool video. I doubt I ever make it there, but it looked interesting.
2018-12-10
Use props
4WDaus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1187257 ft
Australia

I am off to Thailand next month, thanks for sharing!
2018-12-10
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

AdventureCamp Posted at 12-10 17:50

No problem. I alway enjoy watching your vids.
2018-12-10
Use props
AdventureCamp
First Officer

Australia

Thank you.
2018-12-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're welcome
2018-12-11
Use props
AdventureCamp
First Officer

Australia

M2Wair Posted at 12-10 04:58
Excellent tips and great footage of Thailand. Looks like you guys are having a blast, enjoy.

Thank you. Its not always a blast with children, but yes most times a blast!
2018-12-12
Use props
AdventureCamp
First Officer

Australia

Atlas_Aus Posted at 12-10 05:12
Hiya,

Where is Aus are you off to ?

We are in Margret River right now.  Oh I see ya you're right about the tuk tuk.  lol funny how its all about the $$
2018-12-13
Use props
AdventureCamp
First Officer

Australia

DPOV Posted at 12-10 05:19
Nice footage and tips. It seems like they don't have change because it's easier to keep the balance of cash.

Thank you.  lol yes I see what you mean.
2018-12-14
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Don't Tips are enlightening, and you both did a great job presenting tips.

One big tip I came away with should I ever visit T-land; 100 Km/h flying death trap Toot-toots are not for me.

2018-12-14
Use props
AdventureCamp
First Officer

Australia

Sky Carrier Posted at 12-10 07:54
Very nice video and well informative. Thanks for sharing

Thank you.
2018-12-16
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

AdventureCamp Posted at 12-13 06:01
We are in Margret River right now.  Oh I see ya you're right about the tuk tuk.  lol funny how its all about the $$

Gidday Mate !

Beautiful part of the country looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

BTW, I meant I was not aware there were any special vaccinations required for travel in Thailand, just the usual ones we have at home (Aus).
2018-12-16
Use props
AdventureCamp
First Officer

Australia

Atlas_Aus Posted at 12-16 19:30
Gidday Mate !

Beautiful part of the country looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Yes Australia is amazing.  Love it here.
2018-12-17
Use props
AdventureCamp
First Officer

Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-10 08:05
Hi and good day AdventureCamp. Thank you for sharing this amazing video from Thailand. Great job and two thumbs up.

Thank you.
2018-12-18
Use props
AdventureCamp
First Officer

Australia

B1houdini Posted at 12-10 08:24
This video brought back a lot of fond memories of my time in Thailand.
Only spent a few days in Bangkok and that was in 1967. Most of my 18 months stay was in the jungle.

That sounds so cool.  It would of been so much different back then.  Glad I brought back some good memories.
2018-12-18
Use props
AdventureCamp
First Officer

Australia

FatherXmas Posted at 12-10 18:05
Very cool video. I doubt I ever make it there, but it looked interesting.

Thank you.  It was a bucket list trip for us.  Highly recommended for sure.  
2018-12-20
Use props
AdventureCamp
First Officer

Australia

4WDaus Posted at 12-10 18:40
I am off to Thailand next month, thanks for sharing!

Cool! I hoped we helped you out.
2018-12-22
Use props
AdventureCamp
First Officer

Australia

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 12-14 14:59
Don't Tips are enlightening, and you both did a great job presenting tips.

One big tip I came away with should I ever visit T-land; 100 Km/h flying death trap Toot-toots are not for me.

Thank you! lol that was a fun time in the tuk tuk. Although it was scary.
2018-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules