Does Handwheel 2 Really Support Zoom On Inspire 2 + x5s?
1832 2 2018-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flyer001
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2710571 ft
  • >>>
United States

So the store page for the DJI Focus handwheel 2 says:

"The DJI Focus Handwheel 2 enables users to control aperture, focus or zoom on Inspire 2 and Osmo Pro/RAW cameras precisely and conveniently."

Is that statement accurate?  Can the handwheel 2 can be used to control zoom specifically with an Inspire 2 with the Cendence remote?  (and an X5S w/panasonic 14-42)?   Has anyone tried and verified this is true in practice, and if so is it usable?  (I find the touchscreen zoom to fairly unusable for practical purposes).

Thanks!

2018-12-9
Use props
Flyer001
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2710571 ft
  • >>>
United States

So I got the handwheel and can confirm that it technically works with the Panasonic 14-42, although it’s quirky.   The lens also is also quirky with the focus on the same lens with the Cendence handwheel, so I expect this issue is more to do with the remote firmware and lens rather than the handwheel itself.

By quirky I mean you get a little shake when the lens goes to/from 14mm - presumably because it’s doing something special to put the lens into its more collapsed storage mode.  As you zoom, since the lens length changes, the focus has to change to adjust. Additionally manual focus on this lens doesnt have the same travel that it does when you use autofocus.   I’m going to see if it the Olympus 14-42 has the same issues.
2018-12-18
Use props
eggbeater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3502972 ft
  • >>>
United States

Works great with the Panasonic 14-42.  I keep in the "zoom control mode" and use autofocus.   
2019-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules