Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Pocket SLOW MOTION/120FPS Review/Testing!
4098 8 2018-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sergeant
Captain
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

This has been quite a hot topic, well rest assured that it will be back in the Pocket firmware, and here's a video to show you what results you can get from it! Enjoy!

You can grab the brand new DJI Osmo Pocket here! - there's also an editorial article here: https://www.droningon.co/2018/12 ... tion-1080p-120-fps/

Enjoy the video!

2018-12-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Very nice video about the slow motion, thanks for sharing.
2018-12-9
Use props
Inspired_Mike
lvl.1

United States

I am loving the slow motion feature on the DJI Osmo Pocket.  This is what my footage looked like right out of the box.

2019-1-18
Use props
judosurfer
New

United States

How do you speed ramp, capture audio, record slow motion without having to back up 20 steps first to keep the subject in the frame?  I can't figure this thing out and slow motion does not seem like a very usable feature at all.  I can't just be filming and capturing the moment and then later slow down sections that I want.  I literally have to stop recording, switch to slow motion and then start recording, stop recording, and then go back to my normal recording mode?  There is no way I'm recording an entire event in slow motion.  Not only would the file be huge and playback take forever, I lose all audio and the ability to capture anything else.  What am I missing here?  I'm fine with Osmo Pocket not having a functional Slow motion or true 120fps that isn't automatically converted into 29.97fps, but videos like this are so misleading and ultimately lead to unhappy customers.  And why are you posting, "You can grab the brand new DJI Osmo Pocket here! -" with this misleading video?  Are you getting a commission or something?  Why are you selling DJI products?  If you're just doing a PSA, be honest and explain the limitations.  I'm personally really disappointed. First there were are the early release reviews that lied about the 120fps, but DJI didn't list it as a feature, so no big deal.  Then I was told they added it back!  Cool, that's all I needed to hear.  Bought the OP, took it home, spent a week with it, and sent it back.  
2019-1-19
Use props
CasualDronePilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 146135 ft
Sweden

judosurfer Posted at 1-19 05:32
How do you speed ramp, capture audio, record slow motion without having to back up 20 steps first to keep the subject in the frame?  I can't figure this thing out and slow motion does not seem like a very usable feature at all.  I can't just be filming and capturing the moment and then later slow down sections that I want.  I literally have to stop recording, switch to slow motion and then start recording, stop recording, and then go back to my normal recording mode?  There is no way I'm recording an entire event in slow motion.  Not only would the file be huge and playback take forever, I lose all audio and the ability to capture anything else.  What am I missing here?  I'm fine with Osmo Pocket not having a functional Slow motion or true 120fps that isn't automatically converted into 29.97fps, but videos like this are so misleading and ultimately lead to unhappy customers.  And why are you posting, "You can grab the brand new DJI Osmo Pocket here! -" with this misleading video?  Are you getting a commission or something?  Why are you selling DJI products?  If you're just doing a PSA, be honest and explain the limitations.  I'm personally really disappointed. First there were are the early release reviews that lied about the 120fps, but DJI didn't list it as a feature, so no big deal.  Then I was told they added it back!  Cool, that's all I needed to hear.  Bought the OP, took it home, spent a week with it, and sent it back.

About the part with no audio while shooting slowmo. If I'm not totally mistaken, the OP does save the audio as a separate file in the same folder as to slowmo footage.
2019-1-19
Use props
sergeant
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

judosurfer Posted at 1-19 05:32

I'd firstly suggest calming your tone if you want help/support, you're verging on troll.

Slow motion is the EASIEST feature to use on the Osmo Pocket, you set the mode, shoot your video and the video clip created is ready to play, in slow motion, it could not be simpler and so I am very confused as to how you find this feature "confusing to use".

If you want to shoot in real-time but slow down only specific sections later then shoot at 60fps in regular video mode and then slow down those sections (as explained very clearly in my video).
The audio is indeed stored in a separate file for later reference where you could merge this with the original clip in post-editing.

Sending a device back only a week after receiving it because you're too impatient or incompetent as to understand how to use it is foolish.
2019-1-21
Use props
CasualDronePilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 146135 ft
Sweden

sergeant Posted at 1-21 02:32
I'd firstly suggest calming your tone if you want help/support, you're verging on troll.

Slow motion is the EASIEST feature to use on the Osmo Pocket, you set the mode, shoot your video and the video clip created is ready to play, in slow motion, it could not be simpler and so I am very confused as to how you find this feature "confusing to use".

Yeah, it can't get any easier to use. Even if it's a bit heavy on the cropping of the FOV, it's a pretty fun feature to have and use IMO.
2019-1-21
Use props
tejolin
lvl.1
Italy

I would like more to have an option to record 1080@120p, even cropped.
If you want to do some speed ramping effect to your 24p video you have to fiddle around with clip speed settings, audio etc.

just my 2c
2019-1-28
Use props
fanscabb112e
New
Flight distance : 31919 ft
United States

So I just bought a osmo pocket. I have been playing with it. Went to use the slowmo feature today and it worked. I watched a video that said I could do slow mo in 120 fs but I cannot get it to come up in the pro mode at all it's just not an option on mine I just updated the firmware 2 days ago. is  this something they took away? is it something that's available?
2019-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules