Xiaomi Mi WiFi Repeater 2 works with SPARK!
4438 7 2018-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
inetflash
Second Officer
Netherlands

Dear everyone!

Maybe you already know but the Xiaomi Mi WiFi Repeater 2 is only operating in the 2.4 ghz bandwith. The DJI Spark ofc capable of connect on the 2.4 Ghz band but it's preferes the 5.8 Ghz one. So all you have to do is just turn on the Spark and then press and hold the button on the battery for 9 seconds until you going to hear 3 beeps, it is going to start with 1 beep then 2 then 3. After reset the WiFi of the Spark going to enter into the 2.4 Ghz mode and therefore you will be able to see with your phones, routers and repeares what only supports 2.4 Ghz bandwith and so you can connect to it to your Xiaomi Mi WiFi Repeater 2.

NOTICE!

You have to reset the Spark with the above mentioned way every time in order to connect to the WiFi repeater. Your repeater will not connect if you just simply turn on your Spark since it is going to prefere the 5.8 Ghz bandwith. If you succesful then you can connect any device which is capable of runing the DJI Go 4 app and have only 2.4 Ghz wifi in! Now i can fly the Spark with my MOTO C Plus!
2018-12-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day inetflash. Thank you for sharing this information with us. Just a reminder that we do not recommend using 3rd party devices for DJI Drone. 3rd party devices might affect the drone or its component and can also affect the performance of the drone when in use. We also recommend using a mobile device that is tested and listed on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Spark for compatibility and reliability on the DJI Spark and on the DJI Go 4 application. For reference I will be posting the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Spark. Thank you.

2018-12-10
Use props
inetflash
Second Officer
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-10 09:31
Hello and good day inetflash. Thank you for sharing this information with us. Just a reminder that we do not recommend using 3rd party devices for DJI Drone. 3rd party devices might affect the drone or its component and can also affect the performance of the drone when in use. We also recommend using a mobile device that is tested and listed on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Spark for compatibility and reliability on the DJI Spark and on the DJI Go 4 application. For reference I will be posting the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Spark. Thank you.

[view_image]

Dear Stephen,

The point here is not that the MOTO C  Plus is working with the Spark. The point is that the Spark can connect to the Xiaomi Mi WiFi Extender 2 and maybe it is only 2.4 Ghz but still extended and users who do not have a Controller (like  me) can go further with their DJI Spark drones!
2018-12-10
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

inetflash Posted at 12-10 10:00
Dear Stephen,

The point here is not that the MOTO C  Plus is working with the Spark. The point is that the Spark can connect to the Xiaomi Mi WiFi Extender 2 and maybe it is only 2.4 Ghz but still extended and users who do not have a Controller (like  me) can go further with their DJI Spark drones!

I too used to do this, but somehow the build in range limit without controller started to stop me at 100meters, i used to get 1200meters or so with mii extender, but then i bought the controller, so i get all controls now..
2018-12-10
Use props
djiuser_k6jb2yANfHnd
lvl.1

South Africa

I own a tello I use xiaomie wifi repeater on tello baught a spark  bud unfortaned with out remote because it's cheaper gonna try connect xiaomie wifi repeater with dji spark bud it's whole process
2020-7-8
Use props
MARTINEZX
lvl.4
Poland

What about this reapeter https://h5.pl.aliexpress.com/item/32887799815.html
2020-7-19
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

Due to the limitation, you are using a repeater in vain.
If Spark detects that you are not connected to an RC, it will limit the range. Believe me: at first I didn’t buy a remote control either because I thought it would be cheaper that way. Today, I know it was a mistake to think that. The remote control
- allows easier and more precise control
- Provides greater range
- Enables sport mode
- I can control it even if the phone crashes
- Gives hardware panic button (pause button)
- Allows more perfect gimball control
- Charging the phone
Think of these ...
2020-7-20
Use props
djiuser_k6jb2yANfHnd
lvl.1

South Africa

Hey u don't have to reset the spark every time when u want to fly when u use the xiaomie wifi extander I baught  spark about a month ago I was in hurry to fly the next morning after linked xiamie wifi extander with the spark the morning when I fly I was in to much hurry to get airborne so stupid me I took of so fly to 1 side crash into wall thank God only the props brake not ark brake off or the gimbal or batery because batery fa out  I've orderd a pair of props whill get it Tuesday thing is I'm near airport also  so it's no fly zone for spark did warn me fly at own risk luckeky everything still working grate I've tested and everything still works fine when get my new props gonna fly at open field in zone where can fly  wanna test extander properly can't wait to get the props
2020-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules