Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hi,
I'd like to know the max thickness of a cover for an iPhone.
I saw some videos, and I saw there is a little gap between the iPhone (without cover) and the OP. And I though about the covers.
But if you use a rugged cover, could it be a problem?

2018-12-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi Luca, thank you for bringing this query to us. Apologies for the confusion. Covers for an iPhone differs depending on the manufacturer. The little gap from the iPhone to the Osmo Pocket is normal. Please see attached photo below for reference. In this orientation, you will see that the adaptor is extended from the body of the Osmo making a little gap when the iPhone is mounted but this is a normal phenomenon. Kindly reach us again if you have concerns. Thank you.

2018-12-10
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unless it's a metal case, you can probably just sand/file down the edge a small bit and make it fix. In a way, I would rather file down a thicker case so I have a snug fit rather than a thinner case that would allow the OP to wobble.
2018-12-10
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My phone case was slightly too thick, but I found I could pull the adapter forward ever so slightly and it all fit perfect.
2018-12-10
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

I will try. I'm a fan of Quad Lock cases. And I will use it to use the OP on a tripod as well and I hope it will work. Some covers (3mm, not so thick) I have doesn't work with Mavic 2 RC. And I have to use always a third party USB-A->lightning cable.
So I had this question
2018-12-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

IftiBashir Posted at 12-10 08:45
My phone case was slightly too thick, but I found I could pull the adapter forward ever so slightly and it all fit perfect.

Hi, if the app won't open after connecting the phone with the cover, then it may need to be removed for the adaptor to work efficiently. Thank you.
2018-12-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Wiz33 Posted at 12-10 08:24
Unless it's a metal case, you can probably just sand/file down the edge a small bit and make it fix. In a way, I would rather file down a thicker case so I have a snug fit rather than a thinner case that would allow the OP to wobble.

Hi Wiz33, if your phone is too weird that may prevent the adaptor to be inserted, you may need to remove the casing. Even without the cover/casing, there is no problem with the gap between the phone and the Osmo Pocket because it is still fit and doesn't wobble. Thank you.
2018-12-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Luca Rubino Posted at 12-10 09:10
I will try. I'm a fan of Quad Lock cases. And I will use it to use the OP on a tripod as well and I hope it will work. Some covers (3mm, not so thick) I have doesn't work with Mavic 2 RC. And I have to use always a third party USB-A->lightning cable.
So I had this question

No worries Luca, it doesn't need to remove the cover as long as the app works when you connect the iPhone. With or without the cover the Osmo Pocket will not wobble. Thank you
2018-12-10
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Thank you Gamora
2018-12-10
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-10 09:17
Hi, if the app won't open after connecting the phone with the cover, then it may need to be removed for the adaptor to work efficiently. Thank you.

This is correct - however I do not wish to remove my cover every time I want to attach my OSMO Pocket - I cant see myself out and about and having to fumble with removing my phone cover to attach the Pocket!

Hence I found if I move the adapter across very slightly, the contacts still touch and I can use the phone as well - much more convenient.
2018-12-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

IftiBashir Posted at 12-10 09:37
This is correct - however I do not wish to remove my cover every time I want to attach my OSMO Pocket - I cant see myself out and about and having to fumble with removing my phone cover to attach the Pocket!

Hence I found if I move the adapter across very slightly, the contacts still touch and I can use the phone as well - much more convenient.

Hi, yes that is correct, you don't have to remove the cover from the iPhone as long as it doesn't prevent the adapter to connect. Thank you.
2018-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules