Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Underwater filter for the Pocket? (Digital or physical red filter)
1373 7 2018-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jonathan Ko
lvl.1
United States

Hi, I'm wondering if the DJI Pocket is going to be getting a magnetic red filter for underwater footage. If no filter is applied, the videos usually turn out to be too green to be usable with other action cameras especially if it's a deeper depth (60 meters) or non-tropical areas like Northern Japan or the Red Sea. It would be ideal if it was packaged with the underwater case accessory, so people can't complain about their videos being too green.  Another approach is applying a digital red filter in a future upgrade, as a few DSLRs/cameras have that feature but usually that's only for photo-focused cameras and DSLRs.

2018-12-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Jonathan Ko. Thank you for sharing this information with us today. The best thing I can do is to forward this thread to our DJI R&D team for further development of the product and it's accessories. If you have any other concerns of suggestions. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you. Thank you for your support.
2018-12-10
Use props
IftiBashir
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Theres no word of underwater filters at the moment - just a ND filter set.....
2018-12-10
Use props
bowshika
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-10 11:35
Hello and good day Jonathan Ko. Thank you for sharing this information with us today. The best thing I can do is to forward this thread to our DJI R&D team for further development of the product and it's accessories. If you have any other concerns of suggestions. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you. Thank you for your support.

Thanks! It would be excellent if they knew. The filter makes or breaks a lot of underwater footage, and I'd rather buy it from DJI than waiting for a 3rd party manufacturer to come out with one.
2018-12-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

bowshika Posted at 12-10 14:29
Thanks! It would be excellent if they knew. The filter makes or breaks a lot of underwater footage, and I'd rather buy it from DJI than waiting for a 3rd party manufacturer to come out with one.

You are very much welcome bowshika. I have already forwarded the tread to our DJI R&D Team. For the latest updates on the DJO Osmo Pocket and it's accessories please visit our official DJI website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your continuous support with DJI.
2018-12-10
Use props
El Diablo
First Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-12-11
Use props
bowshika
lvl.1
United States

El Diablo Posted at 12-11 04:47
I've been using 3d party manufactured filters for all of my underwater footage (Polarpro & B+W) and never had any issues. Did you had any specific problems and with what brand if I may ask?

It's mostly the speed of getting the product. I need the case and filter ASAP for some dives, and I feel like DJI could make them quite quickly when compared to B&H since they have all the dimensions and filter magnetic rings from the ND filters on hand.
2018-12-11
Use props
El Diablo
First Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules