Epson moverio bt300 questions / Mavic Pro
1445 7 2018-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Captdan555
lvl.3
Flight distance : 301047 ft
United States

Gents,  I'm interested in the Moverio bt300 but have a few questions I am having problems finding answers to.
I use readers, over the counter 2.0+ ones.  Can I use these with the BT300?  Does anyone else have these issues?   Does the Bt300 have a port to where ear buds  can be used?  I'm thinking of using the Bt300s on airplanes for watching movies etc, and I don't want to blare out the sounds to others.   Also, while we are at it when eles can be done with these glasses other than watch movies and fly drones.

I'm also curious how these stack up to the DJI googles?  IE; Can we brouse the web and watch movies with the DJI googles?

I've used the litchi app and have configured a samsung 6 with VR googles for flying the Mavic pro.  But the app leaves out too much good info, such as battery life, area warning when getting close to trees and other obsitcals etc.  Basically I really like the DJI go4 app and desire that info and controls in the google types I decide on.

Any insight regarding the googles ( either type) from others that have used them would be greatly appreciated.

Dan
2018-12-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Captdan555.  Thank you for reaching out DJI Forum. Basically, there is a possibility that it will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with our application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the application if this will work all the time while using the specific device. We highly suggest you use the compatible goggles that was listed on our website to avoid any problem. Thank you.
2018-12-10
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Well, there is a little nose piece that comes with the kit to adapt the glasses to move out a bit to accomodate your "cheater glasses"
It works great for my Mavic, I like them better than the DJI Goggles in that you get to keep you situational awareness around you, and you can still fly LOS. Just look thru the flight display, or over the glasses.....
Goggles, you cannot, you need a spotter.
What I did was when I received the Moverio's, I did a system reset of the device, uninstalled everything I did not want, and installed my "older" version of the Go app, nit as resource hungry,
and no nagging NFZ stuff, quizzes, or other limitations that seem to have come with the newer version of the app.
Just the Go App, Netflix, and my Verifly Insurance app.
And yes there is a port for earbuds, but take note, you should only use the earbuds that come with the glasses. They are low voltage "special", and if you use "std. earbuds, you will have very reduced volume.
The only thing I wish we had on the Moverios, adjustable IDP, maybe 2 mm each way for other folks who don't happen to have the "magical, normal" IPD of

70mm.

Your optometrist can measure this for you in about 15 seconds.
2018-12-10
Use props
Captdan555
lvl.3
United States

Flycaster Posted at 12-10 12:08
Well, there is a little nose piece that comes with the kit to adapt the glasses to move out a bit to accomodate your "cheater glasses"
It works great for my Mavic, I like them better than the DJI Goggles in that you get to keep you situational awareness around you, and you can still fly LOS. Just look thru the flight display, or over the glasses.....

flycaster,  Great info.   Good to know there are others that require reading glasses and use these googles.   What exactly is IDP of 170mm and what does that mean to us that do or don't have it ( I have no idea).
2018-12-10
Use props
Captdan555
lvl.3
United States

Ok,  I got it.... thanks.  I was able to measure my IDP with a printable ruler use for such details.  seems I'm right at 70mm ( center to center).  There is also a useful video on the epson website regarding the normal IPD for use.   Interesting.  
2018-12-10
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Captdan555 Posted at 12-10 12:22
flycaster,  Great info.   Good to know there are others that require reading glasses and use these googles.   What exactly is IDP of 170mm and what does that mean to us that do or don't have it ( I have no idea).

Pupillary distance (PD) or interpupillary distance (IPD) is the distance measured in millimeters between the centers of the pupils of the eyes.
2018-12-10
Use props
Captdan555
lvl.3
United States

flycaster,  you bring up a good point.  I've heard that the dji software on the epson lags behind.  I'm curious if I got a set and the software was not up to date with my mavic would it work at all.   
2018-12-11
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Captdan555 Posted at 12-11 06:48
flycaster,  you bring up a good point.  I've heard that the dji software on the epson lags behind.  I'm curious if I got a set and the software was not up to date with my mavic would it work at all.

Yes it would work. You can find almost every version if you do a search for apkpure.com, and search there for the DJI Go app, and you will find them.
Lagging, well, yes, there is a bit of latency, maybe .200 msec. (less than a quarter second), but your not using this for FPV racing. But not a real issue for me.
The only thing that I go Grrrr at is the touch pad. But you can use a BT mouse and keyboard to do all the navigation to get it set up and set all your settings.
2018-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules