2018-12-11
Use props
o_laparoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 753340 ft
Portugal

Great video RandomHero!
Really cool edit!

I also had a Spark for little over a year and felt the need to upgrade due to some small odd jobs that provided that opportunity.

I'm upgrading to a new drone next year and probably to the Mavic Air for these reasons:

• Less complicated regulartion for drones < 0.5 kg;
  • Portable and light weight;
  • Cheaper option;

What's your take on that?

If you whish to participate in a discussion I've opened for this matter: Which drone would you buy?
2018-12-11
Use props
randomhero
lvl.2
Flight distance : 67864 ft
Canada

A CW Posted at 12-11 02:26
Excellent video

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it.
2018-12-11
Use props
randomhero
lvl.2
Canada

o_laparoto Posted at 12-11 03:18
Great video RandomHero!
Really cool edit!

Thank you very much!  I agree with you, I’m leaning towards the Air too as my next drone. Or possibly picking up a used Mavic.  The Air does seem like the logical next step.
2018-12-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

randomhero Posted at 12-11 04:37
Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it.

I did - thank you
2018-12-11
Use props
o_laparoto
First Officer
Portugal

randomhero Posted at 12-11 04:39
Thank you very much!  I agree with you, I’m leaning towards the Air too as my next drone. Or possibly picking up a used Mavic.  The Air does seem like the logical next step.

Occusync is amazing when compared to Wi-Fi, but the Air's video quality is a bit better.

I'm not planning on flying more than 500m away so enhanced Wi-Fi should be good enough.
2018-12-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day randomhero. Thank you for sharing your experience with your DJI Spark through this video. Great work and two thumbs up.
2018-12-11
Use props
randomhero
lvl.2
Canada

o_laparoto Posted at 12-11 06:19
Occusync is amazing when compared to Wi-Fi, but the Air's video quality is a bit better.

I'm not planning on flying more than 500m away so enhanced Wi-Fi should be good enough.

Good points. Usually 500m away is plenty. I do get a little nervous with the Wi-Fi connection however. I also think a slightly larger more stable in wind drone would help. I always get a little worried a gust of wind will just take it away or some bird will come by and attack it. Lol.
2018-12-11
Use props
o_laparoto
First Officer
Portugal

randomhero Posted at 12-11 11:33
Good points. Usually 500m away is plenty. I do get a little nervous with the Wi-Fi connection however. I also think a slightly larger more stable in wind drone would help. I always get a little worried a gust of wind will just take it away or some bird will come by and attack it. Lol.

But the bigger size would mean a less portable drone. I want the drone to be part of my backpack. Not the whole backpack!
2018-12-11
Use props
randomhero
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-11 11:05
Hello and good day randomhero. Thank you for sharing your experience with your DJI Spark through this video. Great work and two thumbs up.

Thanks for the comment!
I really do love the Spark but thinking of “upgrading” to Mavic. Thoughts?  
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

randomhero Posted at 12-13 19:42
Thanks for the comment!
I really do love the Spark but thinking of “upgrading” to Mavic. Thoughts?

You are very much welcome. The DJI Spark uses a wifi connection while DJI Mavic Series uses Occusync. The Occusync connection will give out a longer and stable connection between the remote controller and the Drone. In addition the battery life of the DJI Mavic Series is longer than the DJI Spark. For additional reference I will post a link wher you can compare the DJI Spark to the DJI Mavic Series. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/products/com ... ndsite&from=nav
2018-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules