Flight Record Sync Error in DJI Go 4
720 7 2018-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NightFox
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61581 ft
United Kingdom

I aborted a short flight last Friday (7th December) as I was having really bad connectivity/interference issues and I noticed the flight record never showed up in the app.  Since then, susbequent flights have been recorded in DJI Go 4, but when I try syncing them the progress counter gets to 100% (it sticks on 2% for a while), but then I get "Sync Failed.  Retry" and nothing new uploads.  I've tried clearing the local flight records, deleting/re-installing the app and using a different device, but when I try syncing again it just pulls all the flights before the 7th Dec, but not the 'dodgy' one or anything after that.
Any suggestions for how I can get things working again?

Thanks,

Neil

2018-12-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the troubles that it caused. May I know which sync period do you choose? 1 month, 6 months or All? Can you please try to use a different wi-fi connection? Please make sure that you're on the latest app version. If the issue persists, please let us know. Thank you for continued support.
2018-12-11
Use props
G-FOX
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks for the reply.

I've tried all of those sync periods, same result each time.  I'm using the latest version of DJI Go 4 (iOS) - if I try it over another network or 4G it's still the same.

The sync is partly working as when I cleared the local storage or tried with a re-install or different device, the flights which are on the server (i.e. before 7th December) all synced back to the device.  So it looks like the flight record from the 7th December has got corrupted and 'stuck' on the DJI server, which is stopping anything recorded after it syncing.  I guess if someone in DJI support could delete that one record then that might fix it?
2018-12-11
Use props
murkybrew
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4515705 ft
Hong Kong

I’m having the same issue - flights after 7th of December refuse to sync. It also stays  on 2% for a while, goes to a 100% and I get Sync Failed.  Retry error right away after that. This happens on both iPad and iPhone (latest versions of the app), but the Growth of Value score does go up though.
2018-12-18
Use props
G-FOX
lvl.1
United Kingdom

murkybrew Posted at 12-18 06:14
I’m having the same issue - flights after 7th of December refuse to sync. It also stays  on 2% for a while, goes to a 100% and I get Sync Failed.  Retry error right away after that. This happens on both iPad and iPhone (latest versions of the app), but the Growth of Value score does go up though.

I logged a support request and they came back to me asking for standard details (serial number, firmware version, app version, phone OS version etc) which I gave them but have heard nothing since.  I'm a bit concerned that I did get an automated "rate your experience with our customer service" type email which I would have thought they'd only send once a request had been completed, so I hope they haven't just closed my ticket without sorting it.

Neil
2018-12-18
Use props
murkybrew
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4515705 ft
Hong Kong

It might be a server-side issue since I don’t fly with my iPad but the error appears there too if I try to sync the records.
2018-12-19
Use props
G-FOX
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I've noticed a change today - although I still get the error message, it looks like my records are actually syncing again.  I tried syncing my iPad (which, like you I don't fly with) and although I got the error message, all my flights appeared on it (apart from the 7th December one which I think caused all this issue).  Previously it would only download the flights prior to 7/12.  My distance on these forums also seems to be up-to-date now.  Good that they're all syncing again, but frustrating to still get the error message.  Hopefully, once I get past a month from 7th December that'll go as it won't be trying to sync that any more (assuming I've set it to only sync that last month's flights).

Not sure if this is something DJI fixed for me as a result of my request, or if it just "sorted itself out"

Neil
2018-12-19
Use props
CanonMax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

well... have a look at this: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D392%26typeid%3D392
it has been fixed a couple of times, but now the problem is back. I am SURE it it not a problem with your connection or tablet... the problem needs to be solved by DJI.
It can ONLY be solved by DJI.
They might need to check their servers... the compatibility with iOS 12.1.1 (iOS 12.2.2 for iPhones)… I am sure they CAN and WILL solve the problem. The question is... WHEN

also see this: https://forum.dji.com/thread-166107-1-1.html  #18

Take Care! Fly Safe!

(Canon)Max

DJI GO 4 App: V 4.3.9 (December 10th 2018)
DJI GS Pro App: V 2.0.0 (November 4th 2018) - Connected: V 03.02.35.05  Aug 11th 2017)

Apple iPad Pro 10.5" 256GB (November 11th 2017) iOS 12.1.1 (December 6th 2018)
2018-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules