1003 8 2018-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ianbentley44
lvl.1
Flight distance : 168035 ft
  • >>>
U.S. Virgin Islands

Hello, I am getting a gimbal overload warning. The gimbal lock is not on and there doesnt appear to be anything wrong with the connection or cables running to the camera from the drone. Any ideas of what I can do?? Factory reset maybe?

thanks!
2018-12-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Ianbentley44. I am sorry to know that you are having this issue with the gimbal of your DJI Mavic Pro. May I know if the Drone had a crash or a hard landing before this issue happened. Please keep us posted on the said issue for additional help. Thank you.

2018-12-11
Use props
Ianbentley44
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-11 07:54
Hello and good day Ianbentley44. I am sorry to know that you are having this issue with the gimbal of your DJI Mavic Pro. May I know if the Drone had a crash or a hard landing before this issue happened. Please keep us posted on the said issue for additional help. Thank you.

No, I haven’t had any crashes or damage to the drone, this is even a replacement drone from a previous malfunction. They sent me a brand new one.
2018-12-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Thank you for the quick response. Sorry for the troubles with the gimbal, please check if there is any dirt or sand stuck in the gimbal, did you try to refresh the firmware? If the issue persists, the drone will need to be sent in for further revaluation.
2018-12-11
Use props
Ianbentley44
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-11 08:11
Thank you for the quick response. Sorry for the troubles with the gimbal, please check if there is any dirt or sand stuck in the gimbal, did you try to refresh the firmware? If the issue persists, the drone will need to be sent in for further revaluation.

I don’t see any dirt or anything in the gimbal, I updated the firmware this morning but I’m going to try restoring factory settings
2018-12-11
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

Ianbentley44 Posted at 12-11 08:04
No, I haven’t had any crashes or damage to the drone, this is even a replacement drone from a previous malfunction. They sent me a brand new one.

Even without crash or hard landing the Mavic pro gimble overload may occur.

The gimble clap is not enough to prevent it while moving.

The only way to prevent possible gimbal overload is by using the gimble lock.
2018-12-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Ianbentley44 Posted at 12-11 08:17
I don’t see any dirt or anything in the gimbal, I updated the firmware this morning but I’m going to try restoring factory settings

Thank you after restoring the factory settings of the DJI Mavic Pro and the issue still persist the best thing to do is to contact DJI Support at https://www.dji.com/support for further analysis and repair. Thank you.

2018-12-11
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

The above statement is only for mavic pro but not mavic 2 pro which the gimble clap locks the gimble.
2018-12-11
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Check the camera and make sure it moves freely in all axis.
2018-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules