Programming Tello EDU swarms
12676 9 2018-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
clydemcqueen
New

United States

I'm looking for more information regarding "station mode" in SDK 2.0 / Tello EDU drones.

1. Presumably the drones use DHCP to get new IP addresses. How does the controller discover the assigned IP addresses?

2. Do all of the drones using the same access point send video udp packets to controller:11111 and state udp packets to controller:8890? I suppose these can be distinguished by the drone IP.

Pointers to additional documentation and/or code samples would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2018-12-11
Use props
clydemcqueen
New

United States

Partially answering my own question:
1. There's no automatic support for this, you can use nmap or some other method to discover the IP addresses.
2. I don't have 2 Tello EDUs yet, but at least for packets sent to controller:8890, I suspect that you need distinguish packets by their source IP.

I can't seem to get video to work in "station mode." I can send the "streamon" command and get "ok" as a response, but no packets arrive at controller:11111. Telemetry packets are received correctly at about 10Hz.

Has anybody gotten video to work in station mode?

Thanks.
2019-1-4
Use props
Mike Shock
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81385 ft
Russia

Where can I read about station mode, I wonder?
2019-3-18
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Thanks for choosing RYZE. If you have any questions about SDK, please send the e-mail to sdk@ryzerobotics.com. Our teammates will help you to solve your problems.Thanks a lot.
2019-3-19
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Thanks for choosing RYZE. If you have any questions about SDK, please send the e-mail to sdk@ryzerobotics.com. Our teammates will help you to solve your problems.Thanks a lot.
2019-3-19
Use props
Mike Shock
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81385 ft
Russia

Mike Shock Posted at 3-18 08:52
Where can I read about station mode, I wonder?

I've already find out how to organize the swarm. Here's my picture about it:
2019-6-9
Use props
telloswarm123
New

United Kingdom

clydemcqueen Posted at 1-4 11:13
Partially answering my own question:
1. There's no automatic support for this, you can use nmap or some other method to discover the IP addresses.
2. I don't have 2 Tello EDUs yet, but at least for packets sent to controller:8890, I suspect that you need distinguish packets by their source IP.

Hi,
from other threads, the streamon command is currently not supported in ap/station mode unfortunately, I'm hoping there will be an update soon to allow it!
Best of luck!
2019-7-5
Use props
VRooMAR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 86129 ft
United States

When I connect multiple Tello EDUs to a router, I reserve the IP Addresses to particular Tellos using Tello's MAC addresse  on the router. That way I am always sure that IP address particular Tello is getting.
2019-7-14
Use props
djiuser_xx5iQTnHniFV
lvl.1

India

Hi
In India i can only purchase tello, tello edu is not avaialble, can someone please tell me how to grogram tello (Not tello edu) using python
2020-8-28
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

djiuser_xx5iQTnHniFV Posted at 8-28 00:58
Hi
In India i can only purchase tello, tello edu is not avaialble, can someone please tell me how to grogram tello (Not tello edu) using python

Dear,
We are sorry for not replying timely. Only tello edu support swarm flight, tello doesn't support it, no matter by which programming method.
Hope my reply could help you.
2020-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules