Osmo Shield not available in the Uk?!
1484 8 2018-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AngularIan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I collected my DJI Osmo Pocket today and inside the box was a blue card promoting a one year warranty extension with a QR code.

When I scan the code it takes me to a web page that says Osmo Shield is not available in my country/region.

If it’s not available why include details of it in the box and waste people’s time?
2018-12-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day AngularIan. I am sorry for the trouble. At the moment, Osmo Shield is only available to customers from the U.S., Canada and Mainland China, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-12-11
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60394 ft
United Kingdom

Is this likely to be updated to include the UK? Seems a bit odd that we are not covered!
2018-12-12
Use props
Jeffuk
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Cameleon Posted at 12-12 02:54
Is this likely to be updated to include the UK? Seems a bit odd that we are not covered!

Or role in the UK is to pay more and get less ......
2018-12-12
Use props
djiuser_UrMSkFx1I0dY
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1306 ft
Thailand

In the UK under consumer protection law, you're covered for warranty type stuff for 2 years minimum, irrespective of what a company tries to state in its own warranty text.

For accidental damage, there are loads of gadget insurance companies in the UK, that covers photographic equipment for accidental damage and even includes theft, unattended vehicle and full worldwide coverage. Similar or less money than their Shield plan.

In the UK and the EU, consumer protection law is much stronger than the USA and Canada etc. So, they'd likely get criticized if they tried to charge to extend warranty within the scope of what the law covers you for anyway.
2018-12-12
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60394 ft
United Kingdom

That is true. I guess I didnt think of that. I do have good house insurance that covers us for accidental damage but then I'd be paying an increased premium for the next 10yrs (regardless of what they say!). Would be good to have the the one accidental damage cover bit
2018-12-12
Use props
AngularIan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Cameleon Posted at 12-12 05:52
That is true. I guess I didnt think of that. I do have good house insurance that covers us for accidental damage but then I'd be paying an increased premium for the next 10yrs (regardless of what they say!). Would be good to have the the one accidental damage cover bit

Hard to see how the UK warranty could actually work unless UK dealers are happy to repair defective units. DJI certainly won't be without charge.

To give you an example of UK law vs DJI, UK law says that if a user has a problem with a purchased unit then within the first 30 days he can return it and insist on a new replacement (ie NOT a repair). DJI only allows "as new" replacement for 2 weeks so if a UK purchaser returns a faulty unit 3 weeks after purchase it's the dealer who has to take the financial hit on replacing the defective unit with a new one and then having to sell the "not new" repaired unit at a loss.
2018-12-12
Use props
alloffroad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6339409 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Osmo Shield Not Available in Australia

also not available in Australia!! received my Osmo today which has Osmo Shield advertising in it but when I follow the links it says not available in my region. How is this supposed to work if it can only be applied to a brand new unregistered product? I'm supposed to just let it lay around here??? Australia only has 1 statutory warranty so two years would make sense
2018-12-15
Use props
nightspider
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Can someone from DJI please confirm what happens after 30 days to people who can't get Dji shield in their country?

Will there be an extension?
Or will it be available in the next month?

Many thanks in advance
2018-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules