Phantom 3 firmware
1058 6 2018-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Renna
lvl.2
Flight distance : 307395 ft
United States

With all this talk that was going on about DJI downloading data from the drones, (true or not) can the Phantom 3 opt out of this? I know DJI gave the other devices the ability to do so but my department has a few of them and we need to make sure that we can make those changes.
2018-12-11
Use props
Renna
lvl.2
United States

Sorry if this is a repeat, don't have the time to go through the previous to find if there are any other post. If you know of one that already covers this or any articles that I can reference I would greatly appreciate your assistance.
2018-12-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. May I know what specific data are you referring? Please let us know for further help. Thank you for the support.
2018-12-11
Use props
Renna
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-12-11 12:15
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. May I know what specific data are you referring? Please let us know for further help. Thank you for the support.

I am referring to the video data that was supposedly being downloaded by DJI.
2019-1-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Renna Posted at 1-14 10:48
I am referring to the video data that was supposedly being downloaded by DJI.

The report was a hysterical piece of froth generated by someone of little to no technical aptitude. DJI have no inrerest in your video, and can only 'download' it if your RC unit is connected to the internet while it is switched on. If it bothers you, then shut off WiFi connection.
2019-1-14
Use props
Renna
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 1-14 13:42
The report was a hysterical piece of froth generated by someone of little to no technical aptitude. DJI have no inrerest in your video, and can only 'download' it if your RC unit is connected to the internet while it is switched on. If it bothers you, then shut off WiFi connection.

I work for a government agency and the powers that be get their panties twisted with the idea of possible third party download.
I agree with what you are saying for the most but be that as it may, DJI did come out with a firmware update that allows the pilot to opt out of the ability of having their data downloaded.
All I am asking if anyone knows if the Phantom 3 was part of that update.
Not looking to get into a debate over how you or anyone feels about the issue. I am just looking for someone who has technical knowledge on this issue.
Thanks for the reply..
2019-1-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Fly with your devices in Airplane mode always.

RedHotPoker
2019-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules