Tello drifting UP.
6514 13 2018-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BIGOAKBOYS
New
United States

I just got a Tello and unboxed.  Every time I try to use it I am unable to keep it stationary.  It constantly drifts upward until it hits the ceiling.  How do we fix this?
2018-12-11
Use props
Keego63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10082 ft
Australia

Sounds strange...
2018-12-12
Use props
Keego63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10082 ft
Australia

Sounds strange...
Let us know what phone you are using..
- try updating the firmware,
- check that there are nothing obstructing the Optical Sensors,
2018-12-12
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Did it show warning of low light? and have you updated to the newest firmware?
2018-12-13
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

BTW welcome to the forum BIGOAKBOYS
2018-12-13
Use props
BIGOAKBOYS
New
United States

Keego63 Posted at 12-12 03:34
Sounds strange...
Let us know what phone you are using..
- try updating the firmware,

Samsung Note 8.  I have a black epoxy floor (dunno if that matters).  The tello has the stock firmware out of the package.  It does NOT drift outside.
I have tried it in other rooms to see if the floor color mattered.  Some have more light than others.  Seems to happen only indoors though.
2018-12-13
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Thanks for going back to us again.  You might check the image below to find a more suitable environment
2018-12-13
Use props
djiuser_A8DOnDAb0pAM
New

Slovenia

Today my drone gone crazy. My third outside drone experience, sad story. I have shown this wonderful little drone to the children. I controlled it with the Nexus 5x phone. he was crawling nicely in the yard. then I gave him the command 360 and tried to raise it up a little. then drone gone just crazy - a system error. he started to rise up, up, up.... It was very high, out of reach of the phone. We barely saw him yet. we followed him when the wind took it. Unfortunately, he took him to the tall trees, the spruce, where he ran into the top of the tree and stayed there. it is impossible to reach it due to the extraordinary height. Unfortunately, our first drones remained on the tree. I was looking for a forum on the Internet for this error, but I can not find anything. No drone more...
2018-12-24
Use props
djiuser_B7c3Gfiey9O7
New

Singapore

#checkthepropeller
2019-1-14
Use props
djiuser_B7c3Gfiey9O7
New

Singapore

#checkthepropeller
2019-1-14
Use props
djiuser_B7c3Gfiey9O7
New

Singapore

Check Propeller take out put back in.       One time i  have China drone that happen too
2019-1-14
Use props
djiuser_B7c3Gfiey9O7
New

Singapore

Check Propeller take out put back in.       One time i  have China drone that happen too
2019-1-14
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

djiuser_A8DOnDAb0pAM Posted at 2018-12-24 14:23
Today my drone gone crazy. My third outside drone experience, sad story. I have shown this wonderful little drone to the children. I controlled it with the Nexus 5x phone. he was crawling nicely in the yard. then I gave him the command 360 and tried to raise it up a little. then drone gone just crazy - a system error. he started to rise up, up, up.... It was very high, out of reach of the phone. We barely saw him yet. we followed him when the wind took it. Unfortunately, he took him to the tall trees, the spruce, where he ran into the top of the tree and stayed there. it is impossible to reach it due to the extraordinary height. Unfortunately, our first drones remained on the tree. I was looking for a forum on the Internet for this error, but I can not find anything. No drone more...

Sincerely sorry for the miss and unpleasant incident.  In regard to this issue, we respectfully suggest you not delete the Tello APP  and contact us at support@ryzerobotics.com for further assistance. We are very glad to assist.
2019-1-14
Use props
Anthony8858
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9711 ft
United States

I had the same thing happen to my Tello..
Upon close inspection, I noticed a tip of a propellor was broken..
Change the prop using one the spares.. Look closely and make sure its the prop with the same alignment. (they angle in different directions).
I changed the prop and all was good.
2019-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules