Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Mimo compatible with iPad
9900 16 2018-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LouisP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

Can someone try and see if you can download the mimo app to an iPad?

iPad is not one of the listed devices on the osmo pocket list of approved phones.. but will it work?  

Any problem with plugging in the pocket to the side of an iPad mini4?  Will the gimbal hit the side of the iPad?

2018-12-11
Use props
Gadget Guy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

It works on ipad.  Activated mine today.  Just watch out for gumball clearance.  Turn on osmo pocket prior to plugging into iPad so it does not hit the ipad during startup.
2018-12-11
Use props
LouisP
lvl.4
United States

Gadget Guy Posted at 12-11 14:42
It works on ipad.  Activated mine today.  Just watch out for gumball clearance.  Turn on osmo pocket prior to plugging into iPad so it does not hit the ipad during startup.

Thanks..  I wanted to make sure it was compatible.. will probably wait to use it with the iPad once the WFI accessory comes out.
2018-12-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, Louis. However, iPad is not fully compatible with DJI Osmo Pocket. I highly recommend you to use a compatible device when using the Osmo Pocket for reliability purposes. For reference, please see the attached image below. Thank you.

2018-12-11
Use props
Gadget Guy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Did a few more test with some ipads.  The ipad min 4 circa 2015 fits this unit pretty well.  The gimbal just clears the ipad mini.  You can tell it a phone app as it does not autorotate and you need to expand it.  I was able to record movies and pictures in various setting.  I was also able to download files from the pocket, both video and pics, however, 4K videos would not download to the ipad, only 1080.  I tried this on towo other versions ipads as well, 2017 10.5Pro and 2018 12.9Pro.  This thing fits really well with my Samsung Note 8, but have not tried it yet on the note 8 as the app is not available on goggle playstore.
2018-12-11
Use props
LouisP
lvl.4
United States

Gadget Guy Posted at 12-11 16:25
Did a few more test with some ipads.  The ipad min 4 circa 2015 fits this unit pretty well.  The gimbal just clears the ipad mini.  You can tell it a phone app as it does not autorotate and you need to expand it.  I was able to record movies and pictures in various setting.  I was also able to download files from the pocket, both video and pics, however, 4K videos would not download to the ipad, only 1080.  I tried this on towo other versions ipads as well, 2017 10.5Pro and 2018 12.9Pro.  This thing fits really well with my Samsung Note 8, but have not tried it yet on the note 8 as the app is not available on goggle playstore.

Good... I have an iPad 4 mini that I use for my DJI drone... Glad to see it works..   Maybe they will release an iPad app in the future, but this works for now.
I'm not really interested in 4K and even if I wanted to shoot in 4K I would probably be importing those to a PC for editing directly off of the SD card.

I have my osmo on pre-order at BestBuy and I should be able to pick it up tomorrow.

I have a feeling that I will be listing my osmo mobile 2 for sale in the near future.
2018-12-11
Use props
kurth
New

Mexico

LouisP Posted at 12-11 18:49
Good... I have an iPad 4 mini that I use for my DJI drone... Glad to see it works..   Maybe they will release an iPad app in the future, but this works for now.
I'm not really interested in 4K and even if I wanted to shoot in 4K I would probably be importing those to a PC for editing directly off of the SD card.

DJI....since this is my first post and I can't start a thread, this post will try to address my concerns. I have to agree with the others that activation is a mess and a desktop app would fix most concerns. But back to reality. One, the device requirement lists on the mimo page , and the itunes page don't agree. Itunes says the app runs on many more devices than the DJI site. And I think alot of ipad users are finding the app installs on their devices. My personal problem, which I'd like to get sorted out before I purchase, is that I have an old iphone 5 which would be perfect for me to dedicate to the pocket. It runs 10.3.3...but is not on either list, and itunes says it's not a supported device so the app won't load. Is there any hope DJI might port mimo to older iphones like the 5 ? Or will I be in the same boat as others and need a new iphone...which makes the mimo quite a bit more expensive ?? I'd like to see a comprehensive list of actual devices that work, if that's possible. thanks
2018-12-12
Use props
Jorge Dominguez
New

Argentina

LouisP Posted at 12-11 18:49

HOLA ME PODRIAN DECIR SE PUEDE FUNCIONAR EN UN IPAD 4 ... O CONECTARLO A UNA MAC BOOK PRO ???  PARA INICIARLO POR FAVOR GRACIAS ..
2018-12-20
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

{as of 12/24/18}  DJI Mimo works fine with iPad Mini 4, iPad 9.7 (2018 version), and iPhone Xs all running iOS 12.1.2.  Both iPads were connected using an extension cable with USB-C to Lightening (available from Apple).  Worked both from the Pocket side dongle and from the bottom port.

Do NOT mount the ipad on the side of the Pocket.  As in other posts and with DJI's warning, it interferes with the movement of the gimbal and could damage the gimbal motors.
2018-12-23
Use props
Mr Onikoyi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 129695 ft
  • >>>
France

I don't know if it works with iPad, but what I do konw is that bluetooth with the bluetooth stand DOES NOT work.
An error message that tells you to authorise DJI Mimo to access bluetooth comes up but it's not possible do give access to bluetooth
2020-10-27
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Mr Onikoyi Posted at 10-27 00:22
I don't know if it works with iPad, but what I do konw is that bluetooth with the bluetooth stand DOES NOT work.
An error message that tells you to authorise DJI Mimo to access bluetooth comes up but it's not possible do give access to bluetooth

Do you mean the "wifi" adapter?
2020-10-27
Use props
DaveSp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

Curt1591 Posted at 10-27 01:46
Do you mean the "wifi" adapter?

I have a 2018 12.9 Pro on iOS 14.1 and can use the OP (ver 1) on the iPad both using a cabled connection and the WiFi module.
2020-10-27
Use props
netgifted
lvl.1

Canada

I have an iPad mini 6 and I don't get why the Mimo App is unuseable. I don't mind if it's an iPhone APP as long as I can rotate the screen properly. It's not working with USB C on OSmo Pocket and though it connects with Action 2 the screen rotates  sideways. I don't think this is a hard fix on the APP code. Please DJi address this issue!
2022-3-7
Use props
DaveSp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

netgifted Posted at 3-7 07:40
I have an iPad mini 6 and I don't get why the Mimo App is unuseable. I don't mind if it's an iPhone APP as long as I can rotate the screen properly. It's not working with USB C on OSmo Pocket and though it connects with Action 2 the screen rotates  sideways. I don't think this is a hard fix on the APP code. Please DJi address this issue!

I can second this - my Mini 6 only sees the Pocket as storage and the Mimo app does not see it.
2022-3-23
Use props
goalie.brent
lvl.2
Flight distance : 728520 ft
Canada

netgifted Posted at 2022-3-7 07:40
I have an iPad mini 6 and I don't get why the Mimo App is unuseable. I don't mind if it's an iPhone APP as long as I can rotate the screen properly. It's not working with USB C on OSmo Pocket and though it connects with Action 2 the screen rotates  sideways. I don't think this is a hard fix on the APP code. Please DJi address this issue!

I realize this comment is over a year old, but pretty frustrating and stupid that the Mini 4 and the pocket osmo look like they work, but everything is sideways.  
2023-5-13
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
United States

goalie.brent Posted at 5-13 10:03
I realize this comment is over a year old, but pretty frustrating and stupid that the Mini 4 and the pocket osmo look like they work, but everything is sideways.

Is your iPad set on screen lock?
2023-5-13
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

I have gathered a list of tested compatible and non-compatible tablets and troubleshooting tips for them, designed for the Pocket 2 and the Mimo app. While this list mostly applies to the Pocket 2 and not the first Osmo Pocket, it does prove that at least some versions of the Mimo app work with some iPads. To see the list, check out https://forum.dji.com/thread-237518-1-1.html Also, if you have tested some tablets not mentioned with the Pocket 2, feel free to report your test results!

I hope this helps at least a bit.
2023-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules