Humming noise and slight vibration on motors when Sony a6500 is on
1379 8 2018-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
opaezo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 428261 ft
Mexico

My Ronin S is making a little humming noise on its motors and lightly vibrates once I turn my Sony a6500 on. When I turn the camera off, the noise dissapears. Camera is perfectly balanced according to the app and the Ronin is running on its latest firmaware. Please help
2018-12-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi opaezo, sorry for the troubles, may I verify if you have tried the Auto Tune after the balance? The Ronin-S will automatically work out the optimal result based on the weight of the camera after the Auto Tune.
2018-12-12
Use props
opaezo
lvl.2
Mexico

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-12-12 04:18
Hi opaezo, sorry for the troubles, may I verify if you have tried the Auto Tune after the balance? The Ronin-S will automatically work out the optimal result based on the weight of the camera after the Auto Tune.

Yes, All calibrations and auto tune were done. The noise seems to start once I turn the camera on. If I turn it back off, the noise goes away, all while the Ronin remains on.I tried calibrating it several times and the noise comes back every time the camera is turned on. Please help
2019-2-5
Use props
alvarig
lvl.2
United States

I have the SAME exact issue. Unboxed it last night and it is happening right out of the box with my Sony A6500.
2019-2-6
Use props
alvarig
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-12-12 04:18

Need this issue fixed. I have a Sony A6500, same exact problem, its ruining my audio. I just bought the Ronin-S two days ago and have not been able to use it at all due to this issue right out of the box. Please help.
2019-2-8
Use props
Vince126
lvl.2
Flight distance : 218760 ft
Canada

Having the same issue with my A6500, noise goes away when the camera is off.  Camera is balanced to excellent, autotune to light and medium makes no difference.  I thought it might be the IBIS but no difference when turned off

I did notice that the humming becomes a lot less if the motor stiffness is turned down below 20, but doing so makes the camera wobble a lot when walking.
2019-2-12
Use props
opaezo
lvl.2
Mexico

Vince126 Posted at 2-12 10:25
Having the same issue with my A6500, noise goes away when the camera is off.  Camera is balanced to excellent, autotune to light and medium makes no difference.  I thought it might be the IBIS but no difference when turned off

I did notice that the humming becomes a lot less if the motor stiffness is turned down below 20, but doing so makes the camera wobble a lot when walking.

Yes! I tried reducing the stiffness down and the noise is reduced. But no solution to the problem while another one is created.
2019-2-12
Use props
Santiago Flores
New

Honduras

Well I having the same problem, I notice that it’s only when I shoot in 60fps or 30fps.
Using the camera in 24fps there’s no vibrations or noise in motors.

Did you find a solution for this?

2019-5-19
Use props
JAT112
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Yes I noticed this issue. I think it has been an issue since connecting the focus wheel once I updated to the latest firmware.

The common theme seems to be there will be no response to this issue from anyone at DJI.
2019-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules