Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Mimo APP Released!
123Next >
15968 95 2018-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

11mimo.jpg

What app should I download to control Osmo Pocket on my mobile phone?
The DJI Mimo app.

Supported devices
iOS:Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
Compatible with iPhone XS Max,iPhone XS,iPhone XR,iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone SE.

Android:Android version 5.0 or later.
Compatible with Huawei P20, Huawei P10, Huawei Mate 10 Pro, Huawei Mate 10, Huawei Mate 9 Pro, Huawei Mate 9, Honor 10, Honor 9, Vivo NEX, Mi Mix 2S,Mi 8, Mi 6, OnePlus 6T, OnePlus 5T,Google Pixel 2XL,Google Pixel 2.

*Support for additional devices available as testing and development continues.

Unlock the full power of Osmo Pocket
A universal port under the touchscreen allows users to connect their mobile devices that use iOS Lightning or USB-C. Upon connection, the new dedicated DJI Mimo app will automatically open and serves as a monitor, while in-app menu offers a variety of intelligent features and recording modes:

·         Story Mode – Bring creative editing to your video with a host of preset music, video transitions and coloring. Choose one of 10 fun templates and Mimo will handle the camera movement for you. After finishing, Mimo automatically generates your very own short story, ready to be shared.

·         Pro Mode - If you want even more control over your content, “Pro mode” gives you access to camera setting adjustments and exposure settings to let you create exactly how you want, from rich video in bright conditions to a perfect handheld long exposure photo at night.  Whatever you want to shoot, Osmo Pocket and DJI Mimo let you explore and expand your creativity. Osmo Pocket automatically detects and illuminates low-lit scenes into bright photos. This helps eliminates the need for a tripod, and you can rely on the gimbal to keep the camera still for a shutter speed of up to three seconds. Illuminate the dark, or capture the movement of light in a “light painting.” You’re only limited by your imagination.

Click HERE to download DJI Mimo APP

2018-12-11
Use props
GeorgeGreek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 636050 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Thank you!
2018-12-12
Use props
Klaus W.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118366 ft
Germany

The first Xmas present! :-)
2018-12-12
Use props
Luca Rubino
lvl.4
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Now I hope to get my OP before xmas!
2018-12-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for the info
2018-12-12
Use props
AirButterflyDrone
Captain
Flight distance : 4522884 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Very good morning news
Thanks DJI Panda
6D849BBF-E1DA-484F-9291-42C550A87348.png
2018-12-12
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60394 ft
United Kingdom

App installed, just need the OP itself! Now got a tracking number but according to DHL its coming all the way from China to the UK!
2018-12-12
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

AirButterflyDrone Posted at 12-12 01:47
Very good morning news
Thanks DJI Panda

You are welcome!
2018-12-12
Use props
fans775f4789
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2623586 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Mine will arrive tmr, can't wait to play with it
2018-12-12
Use props
MathieuJanssen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4006 ft
Netherlands

Works Great, thanks DJI!!!
2018-12-12
Use props
Satureyes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524908 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can someone please tell me what noise reduction is - in the pro settings- what is it meant to do?

Also- is there a ‘lock’ feature like the trigger being held on the Osmo/ Ronin
2018-12-12
Use props
jakewoo
New
Singapore

I just got my osmo pocket today. Using a LG V20 phone.

App downloaded successfully and i managed to activate the device. But whenever i plug the osmo pocket into the phone via usb c, the mimo app will only open up but not show the interface to take photos/videos nor the ability to change the pocket settings. Funnily enough, the phone seeks to treat the pocket as a power source as my battery icon shows the phone as charging.

Any help to get the pocket working correctly with the mimo app is appreciated!
2018-12-12
Use props
Satureyes
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm still trying to figure out how to connect the Osmo to my Mac so I can get the files off it (without taking out the card) - the Mimo app doesn't transfer the 4k files.
2018-12-12
Use props
djg
lvl.1

United States

Is anyone else not able to locate story mode? It’s not appearing for me.
2018-12-12
Use props
Sayhelloforme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Awesome product.
2018-12-12
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Great, thanks for the information
2018-12-13
Use props
StardustGeass
lvl.4
Germany

The fact that Samsung Galaxy series (S8 to Note 9) is not mentioned at all kinda makes me worried.
I'm not a Samsung fan or such, but how can it is not tested on a flagship device so many people use?
2018-12-13
Use props
telzero17
lvl.1
Hong Kong

What is the battery life of using  Osmo Pocket with phone?  Battery drains very quickly while connected to  android phone
2018-12-13
Use props
IftiBashir
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djg Posted at 12-12 17:01

Check my video - I believe I show where story mode is in the app - about 3/4 of the way through the video?

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D549%26typeid%3D549
2018-12-13
Use props
Ray60
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Satureyes Posted at 12-12 15:11
Can someone please tell me what noise reduction is - in the pro settings- what is it meant to do?

Reduces random image noise (like light coloured speckles randomly showing across the screen) created when using high ISO settings, but it can result in a softer image being generated than when not using it.
2018-12-13
Use props
Satureyes
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ray60 Posted at 12-13 07:20
Reduces random image noise (like light coloured speckles randomly showing across the screen) created when using high ISO settings, but it can result in a softer image being generated than when not using it.

So for footage that will always be edited afterwards - would it be better to leave NR on or off?

I assume off and then clean up afterwards in post production?
2018-12-13
Use props
Ray60
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Satureyes Posted at 12-13 07:34
So for footage that will always be edited afterwards - would it be better to leave NR on or off?

I assume off and then clean up afterwards in post production?

That may well depend on your editing skills and the ability of your editing software. My background is mainly in photography and only recently entering video usage with DSLRs. It also depends on how well the Pocket does its noise reduction. With any editing program, it's often the case that a third party noise reduction program does better than the one within the main program itself but an individual has to be very adept at using any software to produce results better than could be done 'in camera'. Using presets in such circumstances rarely produces better results than either the camera can at the moment of capture or an experienced editor. Try both and see which you prefer.
2018-12-13
Use props
Kraeri1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1600397 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does not work on iPhone X!!!
2018-12-13
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

IftiBashir Posted at 12-13 05:52
Check my video - I believe I show where story mode is in the app - about 3/4 of the way through the video?

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=174406&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D549%26typeid%3D549

It's not in the release update firmware.
2018-12-13
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kraeri1 Posted at 12-13 10:29
Does not work on iPhone X!!!

MIMO app works perfectly on my iPhone X.
2018-12-13
Use props
IftiBashir
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wiz33 Posted at 12-13 10:49

Just updated my app to the public release and you're right.
Maybe this was why Apple rejected the first version? Issue with the story mode hence it was pulled?
Hopefully will be back in the next update.....
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Satureyes Posted at 12-12 15:11

Hi Satureyes, noise reduction means the reduction of the audio noise, it is recommended to turn it on.
Osmo Pocket has the Tilt locked mode which means the only the pan axis follows, there is no physical button can enable this, please select it in the screen settings or the APP, thank you.
2018-12-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi Kraeri1, iPhone X is compatible with Osmo Pocket, may I know if there is any issue? More details would be appreciated.
2018-12-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djg Posted at 12-12 17:01

Hi djg, Story Mode will be available soon in a future app update, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-12-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Satureyes Posted at 12-12 16:49
I'm still trying to figure out how to connect the Osmo to my Mac so I can get the files off it (without taking out the card) - the Mimo app doesn't transfer the 4k files.

Please connect the Osmo Pocket's port at the bottom of the device via the Type-C cable to the computer, then we can export the video in the SD card to the computer.
2018-12-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

IftiBashir Posted at 12-13 14:16
Just updated my app to the public release and you're right.
Maybe this was why Apple rejected the first version? Issue with the story mode hence it was pulled?
Hopefully will be back in the next update.....

Hi IftiBashir, Story Mode will be available soon in a future app update, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-12-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Wiz33 Posted at 12-13 10:49

Hi Wiz33, Story Mode will be available soon in a future app update, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-12-14
Use props
Greenvermin
New
New Zealand

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S8 and I can't get the mimo app detecting the Osmo Pocket (OP) correctly. I'm not sure if it is an issue with the Type C connector on my phone or a fault with the adapter, or bug with the app. The only way I can get it connected is when I flip the phone over so the screen is facing away from me (making the app not usable). I dont have any other issues with the phone when it comes to connectivity or charging, so I think it could be a bug with the app.

Has anyone else experienced this?
2018-12-14
Use props
Satureyes
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Greenvermin Posted at 12-14 00:45
I am using a Samsung Galaxy S8 and I can't get the mimo app detecting the Osmo Pocket (OP) correctly. I'm not sure if it is an issue with the Type C connector on my phone or a fault with the adapter, or bug with the app. The only way I can get it connected is when I flip the phone over so the screen is facing away from me (making the app not usable). I dont have any other issues with the phone when it comes to connectivity or charging, so I think it could be a bug with the app.

Remove the connector and try a usb-c to usb-c cable in the bottom of the Osmo to the phone. It’s jot practical but it should work and perhaps help you troubleshoot.
2018-12-14
Use props
Jeffuk
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Greenvermin Posted at 12-14 00:45
I am using a Samsung Galaxy S8 and I can't get the mimo app detecting the Osmo Pocket (OP) correctly. I'm not sure if it is an issue with the Type C connector on my phone or a fault with the adapter, or bug with the app. The only way I can get it connected is when I flip the phone over so the screen is facing away from me (making the app not usable). I dont have any other issues with the phone when it comes to connectivity or charging, so I think it could be a bug with the app.

FWIW no probs with the S9.
2018-12-14
Use props
anlar
lvl.3
Sweden

Second that, does not work on my iphone x aswell.
Does work on my ipad.
2018-12-14
Use props
Orrybike
lvl.1
Norway

Dji mimo app will not start on my Iphone Xr (ios 12.1.1). When I touch the app, it just disappear and wan't start.  (I have reinstalled the app several times)
I had to borrow my wife's Iphone X to activate the Osmo pocket.

It does work on my Ipad Pro
2018-12-16
Use props
fans562542f3
New

United Kingdom

Can’t get logged into my dji account on the Mimo app. Works fun on dji go 4 app using iPhone 6s
2018-12-16
Use props
Hwansil Huh
New
South Korea

whenever mimo app start, I see the tutorial.. how many time do I have to watch? I wanna see tutorial when I need.
2018-12-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hwansil Huh Posted at 12-16 13:10
whenever mimo app start, I see the tutorial.. how many time do I have to watch? I wanna see tutorial when I need.

Hwansil Huh, we apologize for the inconvenience caused, we will get it optimized in the next APP, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-12-16
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules