824 12 2018-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
o_laparoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 753340 ft
Portugal

Hi Guys,

Here is a short video made with the DJI Spark on my visit to one of Porto's main monuments on December 2017:

I've got a playlist with some my drone videos in case you want to check it out:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIxT9DVc_3OVK5H0Sif9_KXqoR2K5zY-n

2018-12-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Stunning video mate
2018-12-12
Use props
o_laparoto
Second Officer
Portugal

A CW Posted at 12-12 01:39
Stunning video mate

Thank you A CW.

My moral and ethic's teacher was a priest that used to live in this tower.
2018-12-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

o_laparoto Posted at 12-12 01:57
Thank you A CW.

My moral and ethic's teacher was a priest that used to live in this tower.

WOW - what a building to live in!
2018-12-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi and good day o_laparoto. Thank you for sharing this beautiful video from Porto, Portugal and thank you for your support. Great work.
2018-12-12
Use props
o_laparoto
Second Officer
Portugal

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-12 15:22
Hi and good day o_laparoto. Thank you for sharing this beautiful video from Porto, Portugal and thank you for your support. Great work.

Thanks so much DJI Stephen!
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

o_laparoto Posted at 12-13 00:46
Thanks so much DJI Stephen!

You are very much welcome o_laparoto. Great work.
2018-12-13
Use props
djiuser_LWK784YjjahU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16804 ft
United States

Awesome! Would you mind sharing how you accomplish these nice cinematic videos? For instance, the best camera settings on sunny day (facing the sun) or possibly cloudy day? The best fly speeds or flying mode to create smooth video. I'm a new drone pilot, as I just purchased my very first DJI SPARK about a week ago. For me, I'll be shooting aerials of homes in the real estate industry. I don't have any prior experience with photo or video hardware or software and find it fun to "just fly". But, that wasn't the reason for the purchase and I've come to the conclusion there's more to making these cinematic videos. One can certainly get disappointed after buying a drone and try to upload raw video and it doesn't look anything like yours or any others on YouTube. Just wanted to ask if you've got any suggestions. It is still relieving knowing that my same drone (spark) is capable of making these vids. Thanks for sharing my friend. Keep up the great work. A++ {:4_138:
2018-12-13
Use props
o_laparoto
Second Officer
Portugal

djiuser_LWK784YjjahU Posted at 12-13 12:54
Awesome! Would you mind sharing how you accomplish these nice cinematic videos? For instance, the best camera settings on sunny day (facing the sun) or possibly cloudy day? The best fly speeds or flying mode to create smooth video. I'm a new drone pilot, as I just purchased my very first DJI SPARK about a week ago. For me, I'll be shooting aerials of homes in the real estate industry. I don't have any prior experience with photo or video hardware or software and find it fun to "just fly". But, that wasn't the reason for the purchase and I've come to the conclusion there's more to making these cinematic videos. One can certainly get disappointed after buying a drone and try to upload raw video and it doesn't look anything like yours or any others on YouTube. Just wanted to ask if you've got any suggestions. It is still relieving knowing that my same drone (spark) is capable of making these vids. Thanks for sharing my friend. Keep up the great work. A++ {:4_138:

Thank you for your feedback djiuser_LWK784YjjahU. First things first, you've got to go and update that user name for the forum ;)

The video settings on the spark can't change much as you can only film 1080p @30fps, but I do choose the exposure according to the day I'm filming.

When filming fly slowly, tripod mode is ideal for this, so you get the smoothest shot possible. Flying in Sports Mode for example will show the propellers in the top corners of the screen. If you really want to film in Sports Mode fly with the camera facing down or fly the drone backwards avoiding the propellers showing in the corners for the screen.

For the video editing I used Da Vinci Resolve to apply some cuts, mix the different views and add the horizontal lines to give it a more cinematic look.

Hope I was of help!
2018-12-13
Use props
o_laparoto
Second Officer
Portugal

djiuser_LWK784YjjahU Posted at 12-13 12:54
Awesome! Would you mind sharing how you accomplish these nice cinematic videos? For instance, the best camera settings on sunny day (facing the sun) or possibly cloudy day? The best fly speeds or flying mode to create smooth video. I'm a new drone pilot, as I just purchased my very first DJI SPARK about a week ago. For me, I'll be shooting aerials of homes in the real estate industry. I don't have any prior experience with photo or video hardware or software and find it fun to "just fly". But, that wasn't the reason for the purchase and I've come to the conclusion there's more to making these cinematic videos. One can certainly get disappointed after buying a drone and try to upload raw video and it doesn't look anything like yours or any others on YouTube. Just wanted to ask if you've got any suggestions. It is still relieving knowing that my same drone (spark) is capable of making these vids. Thanks for sharing my friend. Keep up the great work. A++ {:4_138:

Thank again!

I have answered your questions here.
2018-12-13
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Wonderful video! Great flight
2018-12-16
Use props
o_laparoto
Second Officer