iPhone 5s works
2284 4 2018-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
willyw
lvl.1
Netherlands

After ordering my Osmo Pocket I found out that I would not be able to activate it with my regular phone, a Sony Xperia Z3 Compact. But I had an old iPhone 5s (A1457) in a drawer. It is not on the supported devices list, but today my Osmo Pocket arrived and I managed to activate it and update the firmware with it. All controls seem to work as well, but I only had half an hour or so before the phone's tired battery gave up. I think this model is the oldest iPhone with 64-bit processor. It is running iOS 12.1.1 and still getting updates.

2018-12-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day willyw. Thank you for sharing this information with us today. The iPhone 5s might work however the performance may be limited, and there may have some compatible issues. We recommended using a device that is listed on the recommended mobile device list for compatibility and reliability of both the DJI Osmo Pocket and the DJI Mimo application. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you for your support.

2018-12-12
Use props
kurth
New

Mexico

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-12 08:21
Hello and good day willyw. Thank you for sharing this information with us today. The iPhone 5s might work however the performance may be limited, and there may have some compatible issues. We recommended using a device that is listed on the recommended mobile device list for compatibility and reliability of both the DJI Osmo Pocket and the DJI Mimo application. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you for your support.

[view_image]

itunes is listing the 5s as acceptable. You've got a disparity between the dji site and itunes requirements. As well, I can report the iphone 5 doesn't work.
2018-12-12
Use props
willyw
lvl.1
Netherlands

kurth Posted at 12-12 08:29
itunes is listing the 5s as acceptable. You've got a disparity between the dji site and itunes requirements. As well, I can report the iphone 5 doesn't work.

That's what I would expect, the iPhone 5 has a 32 bit processor. It would be a lot of extra work (if possible at all) for dji to make a 32 bit compatible version.
2018-12-12
Use props
willyw
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-12 08:21
Hello and good day willyw. Thank you for sharing this information with us today. The iPhone 5s might work however the performance may be limited, and there may have some compatible issues. We recommended using a device that is listed on the recommended mobile device list for compatibility and reliability of both the DJI Osmo Pocket and the DJI Mimo application. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you for your support.

[view_image]

If you hurry up and make that Wireless Module gets ready for shipping, I promise that I will only use the 5s for firmware updates
2018-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules