Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO 4 support for iPad Pro 3rd Gen (11 & 12.9)
7172 28 2018-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

Hi DJI,

With the release of the new 3rd-generation iPad Pro's a few months ago, I am wondering when DJI will get around to updating GO 4 to take advantage of the new Liquid Retina displays / sizes of these new iPad's, as I find GO 4 still letterboxes on these models, and thus wastes the newly found screen real estate.

Cheers
2018-12-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day EdisonW1979. Thank you for providing us this information today regarding the new 3rd-generation iPad Pro's. I will forward this thread/information to our DJI R&D Team for further development and update on the DJI Products. Thank you for your support.
2018-12-12
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

I haven't personally tried the new iPads, but they should all be able to run DJI GO since all of the specs are equal or better to older iPads that are able to run DJI GO.
2018-12-12
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

msinger Posted at 12-12 11:51
I haven't personally tried the new iPads, but they should all be able to run DJI GO since all of the specs are equal or better to older iPads that are able to run DJI GO.

Yes they run them just fine, just that the new iPad's have larger edge-to-edge screens, and the GO 4 app doesn't fill the full screen, so the app is letterboxed.
2018-12-12
Use props
MrDrache333
New
Flight distance : 507234 ft
Germany

EdisonW1979 Posted at 12-12 14:31
Yes they run them just fine, just that the new iPad's have larger edge-to-edge screens, and the GO 4 app doesn't fill the full screen, so the app is letterboxed.

Same here...i hope there will be an Update soon.
2018-12-31
Use props
ski
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

so it's been just over 7 months since the iPad Pro 3rd gen release....any response from DJI on this? Go4 is both my most used app and also the only app on my iPad that is letterboxed and not updated to fill the screen, not sure what's taking so long compared to previous screen size updates that were significantly quicker...
2019-6-5
Use props
Kent9
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I am using the 11 inch iPad Pro, unfortunately the App does not support the screen size. Since there seems to be some kind of coop between DJI and Apple, when may we expect this issue to be fixed?
2019-6-6
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

Kent9 Posted at 6-6 02:51
I am using the 11 inch iPad Pro, unfortunately the App does not support the screen size. Since there seems to be some kind of coop between DJI and Apple, when may we expect this issue to be fixed?

I recall Apple now making it mandatory as of a certain date (exact date escapes me), from then on all updates for published apps must support the new devices, including their screen assets / resolutions, or risk not having updates published.

Wondering if Apple will finally poke DJI and say "Hey, you haven't done this yet, get your act together or we'll pull the app down"...

That would get DJI's attention VERY quickly!
2019-6-7
Use props
ski
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Ok were going on 14 months, its almost 2020...this is an absurdly long time for DJI to drag their heels on this

DJI go4 continues to be the only app that letterboxes and wastes space on my iPad, super frustrating

anybody at DJI care to chime in with an update?
2019-12-7
Use props
djiuser_tg3GHNI6fC1q
lvl.1
Flight distance : 206089 ft

Slovenia

It's the same on my iPad 11 Pro and I think a lot of DJI users bought a Pro 11 model for the comfortable screen size.

And yes - DJI GO4 is the only app wasting precious screen space on my iPad for no apparent reason.. I wonder how Autel's app looks on the iPad Pro 11..

It's 2020 and they're still selling the Mavic 2 models as a top drones, yet the app does not recieve the support it should. Soon Apple will disable updates of apps not resizing content correctly so really hoping we don't get a new app for the Mavic 3 series drones - then the DJI GO 4 app's development is over and we never get a proper fix for this.

Maybe there's a special reason they're not fixing this issue but to DJI I say: please listen to consumers, thanks!
2020-2-1
Use props
ski
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2019-6-7 12:28
I recall Apple now making it mandatory as of a certain date (exact date escapes me), from then on all updates for published apps must support the new devices, including their screen assets / resolutions, or risk not having updates published.

Wondering if Apple will finally poke DJI and say "Hey, you haven't done this yet, get your act together or we'll pull the app down"...

Apple wont pull any pre-existing apps down,  there are massive amounts  of legacy apps that dont follow current guidelines still up in the App Store, it only applies to new apps and existing app updates

Unfortunately I just read that the old date (April 30th) was pushed back to June 30th due to COVID. So starting in July if DJI wants to update Go4 it will have to support the 11” Pro among other requirements

It’s now been 18 months, and Apple just released even more new iPads that have the same full screen ratio still unsupported by DJI Go4....I cant think of any other release that took DJI over 1.5 years to properly support. Please update your professional app to support professional products DJI, this is beyond frustrating for the caliber of product the Inspire series is

I’ve said it before but any insight from someone at DJI would be much appreciated
2020-4-1
Use props
Neocramencer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12894 ft
Germany

Any Update on this? it is really very dissapointing. None of your apps are compatible with the newer ipad Pros which were released in 2018!!! Now the 2020 series is here and still nothing. This was for me the last Dji drone. Why should i support a company which needs almost 1,5 years to update an app!
2020-5-13
Use props
ski
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Neocramencer Posted at 5-13 23:20
Any Update on this? it is really very dissapointing. None of your apps are compatible with the newer ipad Pros which were released in 2018!!! Now the 2020 series is here and still nothing. This was for me the last Dji drone. Why should i support a company which needs almost 1,5 years to update an app!

Thanks for bumping this thread, this needs more visibility as its very disappointing this still hasn’t been fixed. Also theres been a big lack of DJI staff responding here........wish they would chime in with any sort of info

What’s truly frustrating is an update for DJI Go 4 came out 3 days ago, where before COVID-19 it would be after Apple’s April 30th deadline of not being able to submit an app update without supporting the iPad Pro screen res among other requirements, but now that got pushed back to July 30th so DJI could slip an update through while continuing to ignore the iPads

Whatever bugs that update fixed it didn’t fix the screen res or the lack of a Rec709 LUT viewer for shooting in D-Log on the i2, which is so far beyond ridiculous for a professional product of its caliber. Get your s*** together DJI, I truly want to love you guys but you make it so hard with these repeated slaps in the face

2020-5-17
Use props
Neocramencer
lvl.1
Germany

Will any DJI official somehow respond to this thread ?

2020-6-4
Use props
djiuser_tg3GHNI6fC1q
lvl.1
Flight distance : 206089 ft

Slovenia

I too am really interested to get an answer about DJI GO 4 - will it update to iOS 13 SDK so iPad Pro 11 & 12.9 users can finally use the entire screen? In 2020..

DJI please respond - is this the end of support and future updates for iOS users regarding DJI GO 4?
Well in about three weeks we shall see I guess.. sadly it seems to me they're more focused on DJI Fly..

2020-6-11
Use props
Neocramencer
lvl.1
Germany

Hey Dji,

Iam not getting tired and will bump this thread over and over until some official will answer our questions!
2020-7-2
Use props
COA_M600_PIC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237162 ft
United States

Neocramencer Posted at 7-2 11:14
Hey Dji,

Iam not getting tired and will bump this thread over and over until some official will answer our questions!

whats truly sad is DJI hasn't provided an update the go apps in a long time and they have several bugs to fix. screen size and Facebook live streaming to be 2 of the biggest I've seen. Screen size going on 2 years without a fix and Facebook live streaming going on a year..
2020-7-30
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

Hey, DJI,

When are you finally going to get your head out of the sand and update DJI GO 4 to support the iPad Pro native screen resolutions???

Just like Neocramencer, I intend to keep this thread bumped so you know this is unacceptable for you to not do BASIC updates like these!
2020-8-1
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

So I see DJI just released DJI GO 4.3.38, and STILL no iPad Pro support!

And... A new terms and conditions page pops up after first open, and they give you a Disagree button should you not wish to share some of your data with DJI, but then a message pops up that you HAVE TO AGREE if you wish to use the app...

Uhhh, WTF is this crap?? What if I didn’t agree to allow DJI to use one of the items listed?

Just like the CCP, pretend to give us a choice but actually give us NO CHOICE!
2020-8-2
Use props
Neocramencer
lvl.1
Italy

Saw the update also but can confirm still no update on my ipad pro. Is dji not forced to release future updates with apple with the new sdk? Going to send the Apple support a question about the topic why are still updates possible without the support of new screen sizes.
2020-8-2
Use props
Gert Kuhn
New

South Africa

DJI Go 4 on IPad Pro

I have a challenge calibrating my controller, the DJI Go 4 indicates that the left joystick is 100% in the up position, even if the IPad Pro is not connected to the Controller. On my Samsung S10 Note it works perfectly.
2020-8-21
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

Well, we’re now on iOS 14, new iPad Air 4 with same screen res / ratio as iPad Pro 11, and STILL NO F’ING SUPPORT???

And with all the problems I’m seeing too now with Android 11 issues, I think DJI’s entire Dev team must have given them the bird and walked, or something, because they are not doing ANYTHING that would qualify as even BASIC work!
2020-9-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 9-21 13:50
Well, we’re now on iOS 14, new iPad Air 4 with same screen res / ratio as iPad Pro 11, and STILL NO F’ING SUPPORT???

And with all the problems I’m seeing too now with Android 11 issues, I think DJI’s entire Dev team must have given them the bird and walked, or something, because they are not doing ANYTHING that would qualify as even BASIC work!

You really are a complete whiner. I bet you never throw the ball back to the kids .
2020-10-5
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 10-5 08:55
You really are a complete whiner. I bet you never throw the ball back to the kids .

Oh look, the village idiot followed me into another thread regarding a LEGITIMATE issue...

Are you that butt hurt? Goof...
2020-10-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 10-5 09:38
Oh look, the village idiot followed me into another thread regarding a LEGITIMATE issue...

Are you that butt hurt? Goof...

It’s good to see our pro drone flyer has knocked up another 10 minutes flying in the last 3 months, considering you’re having so many problems once again.
2020-10-6
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 10-6 02:40
It’s good to see our pro drone flyer has knocked up another 10 minutes flying in the last 3 months, considering you’re having so many problems once again.

And just like always, spouting absolute f'ing garbage and nonsense...

Did it ever occur to you to read the actual thread, and see I'm not the only one with this LEGITIMATE concern?

No, of course not, you don't have enough brain cells left after you're done with your b-grade trolling.
2020-10-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 10-6 09:06
And just like always, spouting absolute f'ing garbage and nonsense...

Did it ever occur to you to read the actual thread, and see I'm not the only one with this LEGITIMATE concern?

No your not, at least two people experienced this since 2018 and one now uses smart controller.
2020-10-6
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 10-6 10:07
No your not, at least two people experienced this since 2018 and one now uses smart controller.

ROTFL!!!

Always the idiot, fun times.
2020-10-6
Use props
Moir
New
Flight distance : 191142 ft

United States

Bump. Still no iPad support (this is for the dji go 4 app). Would be awesome to see this as an update (running iPad Air 4th Generation 10.9")
2021-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules