Where do you attach the wrist strap to?
27985 35 2018-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AngularIan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I've looked all over the Osmo Pocket and can't see anywhere suitable for the included wrist strap.

The Quick Start Guide doesn't show it anywhere and doesn't even include it in 'What's in the box'. Any ideas?  Also is there a proper manual for the Osmo Pocket to be found anywhere online?
2018-12-12
Use props
Rogue0ne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30322 ft
United Kingdom

I can’t find an actual manual anywhere. It’s ridiculous. The unit is easy to use, but a proper manual is a must.
2018-12-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day AngularIan. Thank you for the inquiry. The wrist strap is attached to the DJI Osmo Pocket Cover. Please see attached picture below. For the DJI Osmo Pocket manual/starter guide you may refer to this official DJI Link as well https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... %20Start%20Guide%20(_mul).pdf . Thank you.

2018-12-12
Use props
AngularIan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-12 09:48
Hello and good day AngularIan. Thank you for the inquiry. The wrist strap is attached to the DJI Osmo Pocket Cover. Please see attached picture below. For the DJI Osmo Pocket manual/starter guide you may refer to this official DJI Link as well https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Osmo%20Pocket/20181211/Osmo%20Pocket%20Quick%20Start%20Guide%20(_mul).pdf. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thanks for the prompt response Stepen :-)
That link just shows 'Access denied' and I'm guessing it's just the Quick Start guide. I was hoping for a proper user manual.
2018-12-12
Use props
Satureyes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524908 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Think it attaches to the case. the two holes at the top where the gimbal head is.
2018-12-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

AngularIan Posted at 12-12 10:03
Thanks for the prompt response Stepen :-)
That link just shows 'Access denied' and I'm guessing it's just the Quick Start guide. I was hoping for a proper user manual.

You are very much welcome AngularIan. Rest assured that I will forward this suggestion regarding a proper user manual for the DJI Osmo Pocket to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the said product. Thank you for your support.
2018-12-12
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Satureyes Posted at 12-12 10:05
Think it attaches to the case. the two holes at the top where the gimbal head is.

I was browsing through the Mimo App and there's a manual link. After registering tap on three dots [ ... ] in the upper right corner of the screen.  That should take you to the "MORE" screen where one of the choices is "Academy."  Click on that and one of the header choices is "Manual"
2018-12-12
Use props
dronybaloney
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Rogue0ne Posted at 12-12 09:44
I can’t find an actual manual anywhere. It’s ridiculous. The unit is easy to use, but a proper manual is a must.

The manual i noticed , is in the mimo app
2018-12-12
Use props
Satureyes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524908 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dronybaloney Posted at 12-12 11:21
The manual i noticed , is in the mimo app

...but not the manual for the Mimo app itself!
2018-12-12
Use props
JKJenn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42280 ft
  • >>>
United States

It looks like there is no way to use a safety tether with the Osmo Pocket, is that correct?
2018-12-13
Use props
Ktr
lvl.1
United States

I cannot make heads or tails as to how to attach the strap to the carrying case? Can you please help. The picture does not show how to loop the string? Thank you
2018-12-14
Use props
Ktr
lvl.1
United States

Please describe how to attach the string to the case and ho try the knot and what holes to use.thanks
2018-12-14
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60394 ft
United Kingdom

Ktr Posted at 12-14 19:44
Please describe how to attach the string to the case and ho try the knot and what holes to use.thanks

Push the loop of fine string on the strap down through one hole on the cover, and then back out the other (so the strap now points out the top of the case), now put the fat end of the strap through the loop of the fine part and pull tight

2018-12-14
Use props
AngularIan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Cameleon Posted at 12-14 22:12
Push the loop of fine string on the strap down through one hole on the cover, and then back out the other (so the strap now points out the top of the case), now put the fat end of the strap through the loop of the fine part and pull tight

[view_image]

WARNING: You need really small fingers and a lot of patience to get it back up through the second hole.
2018-12-15
Use props
jamesba
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1736188 ft
Australia

Hello and good day AngularIan. Thank you for the inquiry. The wrist strap is attached to the DJI Osmo Pocket Cover. Please see attached picture below. For the DJI Osmo Pocket manual/starter guide you may refer to this official DJI Link as well https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... %20Start%20Guide%20(_mul).pdf . Thank you.

[view_image]

That is the most ridiculous location for a wrist strap.

When the Osmo is in the case, chances are it will be IN YOUR POCKET.

When the Osmo is being used, it will be IN YOUR HAND!!! And thats when you need a wrist strap.

What idiots.
2018-12-15
Use props
Vermifuge
lvl.3
United States

jamesba Posted at 12-15 03:53

I have to agree.  Hopefully the wrist strap is capable of being attached to the extension arm.
2018-12-15
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60394 ft
United Kingdom

AngularIan Posted at 12-15 03:38
WARNING: You need really small fingers and a lot of patience to get it back up through the second hole.

I have small hands and it was a right pain in the butt! Only did it to take the photo but its staying on there now!!
2018-12-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Is wrist the answer ?
2018-12-15
Use props
fans0d3fbe78
New

United States

[view_image]

TY was looking for it also!
2018-12-15
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

jamesba Posted at 12-15 03:53

Not more ridiculous then the on board mic is right where you wrap your hand around the unit to shoot.
2018-12-15
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anyone looking for the manual here ya go. Osmo Pocket Manual
2018-12-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fans0d3fbe78 Posted at 12-15 12:41
TY was looking for it also!

You are very much welcome. If you have any other concerns or inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you.
2018-12-17
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Who the heck needs the wrist strap on the case..... That is stupid.... There needs to be an attachment on the actual unit... That is the expensive item that could be dropped.

Mine just arrived and had to find this thread to see where it attached....... Utterly stupid.......... A firmware update wont fix this stupid location
2018-12-20
Use props
SolusTravels
lvl.1
Singapore

JKJenn Posted at 12-13 09:47
It looks like there is no way to use a safety tether with the Osmo Pocket, is that correct?

I've seen some youtube videos where you can tether the Osmo Pocket with your phone by using the wireless accessory that sticks to the bottom of the handle.

However the wireless accessory, together with the other useful accessories, are not out yet. I'm waiting for those to be available to buy them.
2018-12-20
Use props
Jeffuk
lvl.2

United Kingdom

SolusTravels Posted at 12-20 00:50
I've seen some youtube videos where you can tether the Osmo Pocket with your phone by using the wireless accessory that sticks to the bottom of the handle.

However the wireless accessory, together with the other useful accessories, are not out yet. I'm waiting for those to be available to buy them.

Its a real shame that ther strap can't be tethered directly to the OP as it is our normal "safety" procedure with other cameras to ensure it is attatched to the wrist when taking out of the case.
2018-12-20
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Maybe you could use Sugru to create a lanyard-holder directly to the OP? I will give it a try after Xmas.
2018-12-20
Use props
Kimberlee Canida Krawchuk
New

United States

How can I get the Chinese characters off my screen?
2018-12-23
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

hallmark007 Posted at 12-15 10:41
Is wrist the answer ?

Well l found it funny.... looks like people need to laugh more.
2018-12-23
Use props
Serb
lvl.2

Brazil

jamesba Posted at 2018-12-15 03:53

Agreed.

Who was the idiot that designed AND even worse, approved this "wrist strap" to be only available on the case?!

When I put Osmo in the case, I am storing the damn thing away in my pocket or bag, and I don't need the damn wrist strap anymore.

I DO need the wrist strap on the unit itself, for when I'm holding it in my hands and shooting, so, you know, it is attached to my wrist, in case I drop it OR, as in where I am right now (Brazil) in case some overzealous pick-pocketer decides to try and snatch it out of my hands...

Ugh, yet another dumb design decision on the part of DJI.

Great.

F'in great.

2019-2-23
Use props
txtechnonerd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175075 ft
  • >>>
United States

I printed one of these and it's just about been the best thing since sliced bread compared to the original location:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3362659
2019-2-23
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1168140 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought one of these.  Works great!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2019-2-23
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

Yeahhhhh! You can also use the strap holder.

2019-2-23
Use props
fansfde85b36
New

United States

This is so dumb it kind of make me want to return the thing.  I was worried about dropping it when I saw how small it was but saw it came with a wrist strap and figured that would alleviate the issue.  Now I need to get an accessory to carry around that negates the best thing about this device....that it fits in my pocket.  So the device gets bigger and won't fit in the case now.  Just stupid all around.  What idiot thought this was the way to go?

All you needed to do was put a tiny indent on the side that faces out for the case, and boom, you have a wrist strap for both the case and the camera.  Instead you made it much more likely that someone will drop this thing, and or mess it up in their pocket without a case.

I feel like DJI needs to tell us what the reason for this was.  Very stupid.
2019-6-15
Use props
Mick92627
lvl.2
United States

jamesba Posted at 2018-12-15 03:53

I am amazed at the stupidity of this design.  No lanyard for the actual camera itself?  That is just goddamned crazy.
2019-7-25
Use props
grapecrusher
lvl.2
Flight distance : 212106 ft
  • >>>
France

Hello everyone,

The two little holes for this lanyard are situated on the side of the osmo 3 - not on the case.  It is very fiddle but there is a good video on YT to show you how to fix it.  

Cordialement

Dawn
2023-12-12
Use props
WX//CLTV
lvl.1

Vietnam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=folSs_-1A5E

It's here- easy youtube tutorial
2-27 05:42
Use props
Advanced