Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OP initial impression thread
341 4 2018-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wiz33
Captain
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Let's try to keep all the initial impression in one thread so we can share details or question.

Got mine literally 30 minutes ago. Got it activated and did the firmware update, did some basic check to make sure everything is working and put it on charge (74% battery after firmware update). Will take it out at lunch and do some basic recording.
2018-12-12
Use props
Rogue0ne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 30322 ft
United Kingdom

It’s a nice unit. Well made. I really like it, but I think DJI rushed it to market to hit Christmas. Some issues I have;

Story mode was a feature they focused on in marketing, but isn’t even available on launch
Where are the profiles? I can’t find the colour profiles anywhere.
Slow motion mode is fixed at 120fps, is that right?
No actual manual
Where is Night Mode

Not huge issues, but it bothers me that features advertised aren’t there.
2018-12-12
Use props
Wiz33
Captain
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rogue0ne Posted at 12-12 12:32
It’s a nice unit. Well made. I really like it, but I think DJI rushed it to market to hit Christmas. Some issues I have;

Story mode was a feature they focused on in marketing, but isn’t even available on launch

Yea, it looks like while they put 1080@120 back in, they also took out a few things that the tester had access to. What I'm surprised is that while quite a few of them mentioned the short distance focusing and  gimbal movement smoothness problem. I haven't heard any problem about the story mode and Colour profiles (and I've watched most of the review/test footage vids). Wonder why they pulled it. Hopefully, they'll be back before Xmas ;-)
2018-12-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Rogue0ne Posted at 12-12 12:32

Story mode was a feature they focused on in marketing, but isn’t even available on launch

Hi, thanks for creating this thread. We're glad to know that you already receive your unit. Please feel free to use it and let us know if you need our assistance. Thank you for the support.
2018-12-12
Use props
Satureyes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 524908 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can someone tell me what 'noise reduction' is on the pro settings - I mean I'm assuming it's to do with high ISO noise but what's the actual technical details of this.

Also - how the hell can I get my files off this thing without pulling the card or using my phone? Can't a USB-C cable to my Mac see the OP as a drive?
2018-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules