Osmo Pocket Activation Failed
36013 278 2018-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_B7mUgpxGUtcG
New
United States

austin1110 Posted at 12-13 18:15
Wow.. I just got the device.. waited for months. Plugged into iphone X for activation. Created an account via registration and then immediately login failure. Cannot login via DJI MIMO app. I am impressed with DJI. My first product from DJI and experience has been terrible. Unlike you guys, I could not even get to activation stage since DJI app cannot even handle logins anymore. I dont understand why on earth is this thing disabled and requires activation? Why not allow people to simply insert a microsd card and get on with their life? Why do all this registration, login, activation GARBAGE??? DJI.. customer experience is EVERYTHING. We paid for the hardware and look what you did with all this unnecessary crap. Keep it up. I am returning this pos device.

Try resetting the password. Go to #37-38 thread for the direction.
2018-12-14
Use props
djiuser_MVgRSQa01lAF
New

Hong Kong

I failed to activate my osmo pocket too =. =
it says activation data abnormal......
2018-12-14
Use props
djiuser_NASDUkq5d1lo
New

United States

Drove three hours to pick one up today and it won't even activate. Many people are having the same problems read about it online better find a fix fast people are talking. Seems that they've rushed them out for Christmas and many people are having problems. Why would you require a mobile phone to activate anyway? Should work right out of the box. I took it back and got a go pro 7. Plus it doesn't work with any new Android phone smh
2018-12-15
Use props
fans90ad2fd1
New

United Kingdom

I have the same issues! This is so disappointing
2018-12-15
Use props
fans5983e550
New
United States

Anyone experiencing that after a little use the osmo pocket won't connect to your phone again.  Samsung note 9. It shows that it's slow charging but I can't connect and see video.
2018-12-15
Use props
fhhf
New

United Kingdom

Activation does not work !!  what rubbish is this?  Even this website is non functional could not enter user name .
VERRY VERRY BAD TECHNOLOGY !

I think I have to send my new Oslo pocket back as I cannot log in to activate ,2 hours lost trying !   
What a terrible company
2018-12-15
Use props
djiuser_lKhN74vQOWsR
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Every time I try to log into the DJI Mimo app. It tells me ‘login failure’ - I’ve tried setting up different accounts with different emails, resetting passwords, uninstalling the app, reinstalling, hard resetting my iPhone 7 - I’ve spent all afternoon trying to figure this out. The app is a pile of junk.  I’m very tempted to send the Osmo Pocket back. Looks like a massive waste of time to me so far.
2018-12-15
Use props
djiuser_ym6LndJUaxU3
New

Singapore

IftiBashir Posted at 12-13 05:39
I had this error initially.
I found that the connection to my phone had not been established, even though I felt the connector did click into place.
I removed the case from my phone and tried again, and it went through perfect.

I have the same problem and it can’t connect even though I removed my casing
2018-12-15
Use props
fansceed7082
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89852 ft
United Kingdom

‘Login failed” is the message I get. Tried all the ideas in the thread, made no difference. I have had no problems with previous DJI products, very disappointed, DJI please provide a solution not a guess !
2018-12-15
Use props
fans5983e550
New
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-12 16:09
Hi, we're sorry about the troubles and inconvenience that it caused. We're currently checking this scenario with our team for further help. We will inform you as soon as we've received feedback from our team. Thank you for understanding. Your patience is highly appreciated.

Tony my osmo pocket will not connect via the phone adapter any more.  After i activated it,  it worked fine for an hour!  Now when i connect the phone doesn't recognize it
2018-12-15
Use props
djiuser_cYueSDmP1AsD
New
United Kingdom

I was having the issue where you couldn’t active the Osmo Pocket when logging in to the Mimo app. The way I found to fix it was to turn a vpn on. I used X-VPN from the App Store and now that it is activated the app works when plugged into the phone and the Osmo Pocket works on its own with all features available.
2018-12-15
Use props
fansf94c1f10
New

Netherlands

DJI...Come on! Update team status please... customers  are waiting....
2018-12-15
Use props
fansf57a2a2d
New

Brazil

Same problem!!!
2018-12-15
Use props
fans4ee79fcc
New

United Kingdom

djiuser_UrMSkFx1I0dY Posted at 12-14 19:48
If this is confirmed as working for people, you have found a bug that DJI themselves have failed to find so far, and you will have saved them thousands of $$$, if not more.

IF this is the cause, DJI owes you at minimum a free care package (DJI - if this works, send this guy a bunch of free stuff!!)

I have this problem too... 'Login Failure' on the MiMO iOS app - but I know I am using the correct details and can log in to the website okay.  I have been in touch with the help desk via Facebook messenger... the issue has been referred to the developers...  and there will be a response within 48hours is basically what I have been told.  Very frustrating that such a promising product gets off to a bad start.  it seems from this thread and  on Twitter that many are unable to login to the MiMO app and therefore can’t authenticate the OSMO Pocket.  

I have registered multiple email addresses - and that has not resolved the issue which presumably is to do with the verification of login details on the MiMO app...
2018-12-15
Use props
djiuser_9zKZlut2WBk8
New

United States

djiuser_cYueSDmP1AsD Posted at 12-15 11:11
I was having the issue where you couldn’t active the Osmo Pocket when logging in to the Mimo app. The way I found to fix it was to turn a vpn on. I used X-VPN from the App Store and now that it is activated the app works when plugged into the phone and the Osmo Pocket works on its own with all features available.

Unfortunately this didn't solve my activation problems. I can't believe DJI hasn't said anything.
2018-12-15
Use props
fans4ee79fcc
New

United Kingdom

djiuser_9zKZlut2WBk8 Posted at 12-15 12:05
Unfortunately this didn't solve my activation problems. I can't believe DJI hasn't said anything.

Saturday 15th December 20:47 GMT

Received this message via fb messenger from DJI support.

...regarding with the said issue it is a case to case basis but what I can guarantee to you is we are doing our best in DJI to know what is the root cause of this issue.  For now, let's try to wait for the further feedback and not to worry we will notify you as well about the feedback.

I’m using an iPhone 6s iOS 12.1 in the UK.  Is there any common link with all of us who have an un-activated OP?
2018-12-15
Use props
fans4ee79fcc
New

United Kingdom

djiuser_9zKZlut2WBk8 Posted at 12-15 12:05

...regarding with the said issue it is a case to case basis but what I can guarantee to you is we are doing our best in DJI to know what is the root cause of this issue.  For now, let's try to wait for the further feedback and not to worry we will notify you as well about the feedback.

I’m using an iPhone 6s iOS 12.1 in the UK.  Is there any common link with all of us who have an un-activated OP?
2018-12-15
Use props
fans8c3b273e
lvl.1
Germany

Sorry for my bad English, I can't activate the pocket osmo with my Huawei p20 pro. Can someone give me help?
2018-12-15
Use props
fansceed7082
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89852 ft
United Kingdom

fans4ee79fcc Posted at 12-15 12:51

Also using an iPhone 6s IOS 12.1 in the UK.
2018-12-15
Use props
fans4ee79fcc
New

United Kingdom

djiuser_cYueSDmP1AsD Posted at 12-15 11:11
I was having the issue where you couldn’t active the Osmo Pocket when logging in to the Mimo app. The way I found to fix it was to turn a vpn on. I used X-VPN from the App Store and now that it is activated the app works when plugged into the phone and the Osmo Pocket works on its own with all features available.

thank you...  after hours trying...  and several online conversations with DJI support - I installed x-vpn and managed to activate my OP.  It won’t connect to my phone again...  but at least I can use the OP (it's very impressive).
Thanks for the VPN tip - my hunch would be that it's a BT Home Hub issue!
2018-12-15
Use props
djiuser_q4NewlYxOadM
New

Japan

Activation problem happened. I tried to use iPhone Xs and 6 plus. And use mobile date and wi-fi. However still could not activate. Please let us know how to solve this problem.
2018-12-15
Use props
djiuser_q4NewlYxOadM
New

Japan

Activation problem happened. I tried to use iPhone Xs and 6 plus. And use mobile date and wi-fi. However still could not activate. Please let us know how to solve this problem.
2018-12-15
Use props
fansf57a2a2d
New

Brazil

Same problem. Can not activate. Is the problem on iOS or is it on Android as well?
2018-12-15
Use props
Cloudu
New

Canada

Tried the Email Password reset method, tried the xVPN method. not working. No phone case. iPhone X and Nexus 6P. Same activation error message.
2018-12-15
Use props
Greyedeigh
lvl.1
United States

fansf57a2a2d Posted at 12-15 19:13
Same problem. Can not activate. Is the problem on iOS or is it on Android as well?

I tried 3 different iPhone models and an Android model - same issue. I ended up returning mine.
2018-12-15
Use props
djiuser_WXZOlpECKGIY
New

United States

Same issue. Currently it’s a $350 paperweight, given the size it’s not even effective in that capacity.
2018-12-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Greyedeigh, we're sorry for the late response. May I know what's the current status? Could you provide us with the SN and the case number? We'll keep following up. Again, we sincerely apologize for the troubles inconvenience.

2018-12-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_5RohCbiMg8HZ Posted at 12-12 16:22
Hi,unfortunately I have the same experience with Samsung S8 and iPjone SE either. [view_image]

Hi there, may I know what's the current status now? Have you referred to 6#'s suggestion and try again? If the issue persists, please kindly advise and we'd look into the exact status, thanks so much!
2018-12-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SM_19 Posted at 12-12 16:55
I am getting the same thing

Hi SM_19, I've checked your post and Mindy has responded you already: https://forum.dji.com/thread-174646-2-1.html If there is any further question, please kindly keep us updated in your post, thanks!
2018-12-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans618eaa18 Posted at 12-12 21:21
I have this same problem

Sir, we're so sorry for the inconvenience. Please kindly restart the Osmo Pocket and its app, then try to activate it again, making sure they have a good internet connection.
If the activation still fails, we're sorry that you may consider sending the unit in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support Please kindly offer us the case number once you got it, we'd like to follow up.
2018-12-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Peerayuth Posted at 12-12 23:28
I have the same problem.
There is no solution now.

Hi Peerayuth, sorry for the late response. Could you refer to 70# and keep us updated on the latest progress? Thank you so much!
2018-12-15
Use props
MerongE
lvl.1

South Korea

Dear dji susan.
There is no solution now. Users do all the way that you suggest. In my opinion dji tech team should investigate this problem. It is very anoying replacement.

I hope dji solve this problem asap.
2018-12-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans57f3213d Posted at 12-13 02:16
Still no solution? Received mine today and same error msg, this is so annoying? What’s the fix guys? I’m about to travel and hate to miss all the action without this device!!

Hey there, it seems that Thor has replied you in another post in 6#: https://forum.dji.com/thread-174686-1-1.html Please kindly keep us updated there for better follow-up, appreciate your support and cooperation.
2018-12-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

depicus Posted at 12-13 03:26
Very frustrating for a brand new product to be unable to use and I see the admins have gone quiet

Hi depicus, sorry for the late response. I just read your post and found Thor has replied you already: https://forum.dji.com/thread-174686-1-1.html If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us. Hope we can figure this out soon.
2018-12-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans53d9c8b5 Posted at 12-13 04:18
Same problem here, I have activation fail

We understand how you feel, very sorry about it. Could you refer to 70# and let us know whether it works or not? Thanks for your time.
2018-12-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_Yug7KHRrdApj Posted at 12-13 04:24
Same problem. No customer service in HK. Very disappointed.

Sorry for the late response. I've read your comment on another post and Thor has replied you already: https://forum.dji.com/thread-174686-1-1.html As for the customer service in HK, may I have more details for better assistance? We'll investigate the exact status and keep learning from it.
2018-12-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

lnya Posted at 12-13 06:42
I have the same problem!!

Hi lnya, could you refer to 6# and have a try later? Please keep us updated on the latest progress, thank you!
2018-12-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

divodee01 Posted at 12-13 09:15
Same “activation data error” with me as well... glad I spent $300+ on a paperweight

Hi divodee01, I'm sorry for the late response. It seems that Mindy has replied you in another post and suggest to return the unit: https://forum.dji.com/thread-174686-1-1.html Again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.
2018-12-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

noble7867 Posted at 12-13 09:55
Samsung S8?  I was told by tech support that the S8 was not a supported device, regardless of the USB-C connection.

Hi noble7867, Samsung is not in the recommended list for now, you may refer to this link: https://www.dji.com/mimo

More devices will be available in the future as the testing and development continue. Appreciate your support and attention.
X.png
2018-12-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

shumotoriki Posted at 12-13 15:17
Same problem. Very disappointed

Hi shumotoriki, we apologize that you’re experiencing difficulties. Could you refer to 70# and verify? If the issue persists, please kindly contact our support and start a case: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules