1187792 1187792 2018-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mark-in-Mk 9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Switching off WiFi and using 4G data worked for me. I hadn't been able to even log in to my DJI account. Now Im fully functional with my upgraded firmware.
If that's the only problem it must be a pretty simple networking fix for DJI
2018-12-16
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

handeyman Posted at 12-16 13:08
What was your solution to get it to activate

Read the posts from 100 on.  There are a number of ways to work-around.  Start with turning off WiFi and shutting off phone-then restarting.
2018-12-16
Use props
fans4ade25bd
New

United States

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Returned my Osmo Pocket. DJI please give me back the last 15 hours of my life.
2018-12-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_gKSrkTyeKmPY Posted at 12-16 01:48
My new pocket also fails to activate every time. I have tried with multiple phones.

Sorry for the troubles. I've read your message in PM and responded as well, please kindly check later, thank you!
2018-12-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Mjpatterson1@me.com Posted at 12-16 02:05
Same problem. Restarted multiple times, reinstalled app several times, used different devices., reset password several times. Can log into my DJI account on iMac and iPad and iPhone but not on the app. Therefore Osmo Pocket can’t even start activation. Password reset does not work or a new account either? Come on DJI what are you doing about it. Obvious looking at reviews on the App Store this is a common issue.

Hi Mjpatterson1, we're so sorry for the unpleasant experience. May I know what's your current location? Please kindly switch to another working WiFi/Internet to verify. If the issue persists, please kindly provide us with your DJI account, we'll collect and forward to the engineers for double check, thank you!
2018-12-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ethanlalalalala Posted at 12-16 02:37
@ DJI Susan
I have contacted support and he ask me to send back to RMA,
if you guys cannot solve the problem you may announce  on your website that don't waste everybody 's time to try and error,

I understand how you feel and sincerely apologize for the troubles. If there is anything else we can help, please kindly provide us with the case number, we'll be here all the time.
2018-12-17
Use props
fansceed7082
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89852 ft
United Kingdom

Using a VPN app worked for me. This is a silly amateurish problem created by DJI and I suspect they have a very good idea what the problem is. So stop wasting people’s time by asking them for login details or other such irrelevant information and FIX it!
2018-12-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansfe3b779e Posted at 12-16 04:11
J just got my Osmo pocket,  and I too am having the same issue  with the activation process  despite changing the password.

My initial observation being :

Sorry for the troubles. Just to verify, do you use the same email address to log in the forum and DJI Mimo? Please kindly advise and we'll forward to the designated team for further investigation and optimization, thank you!  
2018-12-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

kund Posted at 12-16 04:37
I am having similar issues

Hi kund, we've read your post and Mindy has replied you: https://forum.dji.com/thread-174954-1-1.html Please kindly keep us updated there for better follow-up, thanks so much!
2018-12-17
Use props
Mjpatterson1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 143389 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 12-17 00:06
Hi Mjpatterson1, we're so sorry for the unpleasant experience. May I know what's your current location? Please kindly switch to another working WiFi/Internet to verify. If the issue persists, please kindly provide us with your DJI account, we'll collect and forward to the engineers for double check, thank you!

Tried 2 wireless networks, success after logging in with wifi off using 4G  Resolved now, thank you.
2018-12-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans8c3b273e Posted at 12-16 09:54
no chance, i try this 100 times, also in different wlan, i believe dji knows about the problems, but they are not fair to us

Hi there, I'm sorry for the unpleasant experience. May I have a short video of your operation? We'd like to check the exact status and help you out.
2018-12-17
Use props
djiuser_hu5yyNWCP3T7
lvl.1
Spain

I just got my device. Downloaded the dji Nimo app and wen I connect to activate the app shuts down. I cannot use it with my iPhone X!
2018-12-17
Use props
fans16536ea4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1263 ft
Australia

Hi, can I buy osomo shiled from US website to cover osmo pocket australian version?
I couldn't find osmo shield in australian website
2018-12-17
Use props
olitch
lvl.1
Germany

sorry for my bad english, is it possible that dji fix the problem in the next days or should i give my pocket back to the shop, i try to aktivate since 3 days, no chance. i live in germany/smartphone huawei p20 pro, samsung s4, huawei p 8 lite, sony experia tablet
2018-12-17
Use props
djiuser_rAEakqZuizCt
New

Germany

Activation failed Here too. Tried iPhone 7p, iPhone 6s, OnePlus 6. With WLAN/4G No Chance.
2018-12-17
Use props
Matt Do Condor
New

Germany

Is there a way to activate the osmo pocket without the mimo app ????
In some manuals was written, that it can be activated manual over the osmo pocket itself.
I got the osmo today, and it says I have to activate via the mimo-app on a newer smartphone that I dont have.

2018-12-17
Use props
handeyman
New

United States

Latest update, returned the osmo pocket got a new one, new one seems to be working and activated fine
2018-12-17
Use props
Sheeshah
New
Germany

Its interesting. I have tried the activation with many different devices. Even when i connect the OP via the USB C-Port on the downside of the device with another Smartphone it will be recognized but Activation did not work. Is ist possible, that DJI simply did not include some serial numbers in their activation Database, so that these devices never will get activated until the database is fixed?

Is it possible that my Osmo (or Serial Number) may be not in the Activation Table or even programmed in the Osmo Pocket? Please DJI, explain why many of us burned many Hours for nothing.

My Serial Number is: 0W7DF970129024

Device tried to activate with: iPhone 6S, iPhone7 plus, OnePlus6, Nexus 5 (downside connector with Spark Cable).

Osmo will be recognized from every device and every device asks and opens the Mimo App but activation stops everytime after the first connection to the server. Login has no problems tried 3 different DJI Accounts with and without 4G, VPN, wlan.
2018-12-17
Use props
fans36009982
lvl.1

Germany

Sheeshah Posted at 12-17 13:38
Its interesting. I have tried the activation with many different devices. Even when i connect the OP via the USB C-Port on the downside of the device with another Smartphone it will be recognized but Activation did not work. Is ist possible, that DJI simply did not include some serial numbers in their activation Database, so that these devices never will get activated until the database is fixed?

Is it possible that my Osmo (or Serial Number) may be not in the Activation Table or even programmed in the Osmo Pocket? Please DJI, explain why many of us burned many Hours for nothing.

Same here . My serial number is   OW7DF980127674
I tried it with iPhone x an iPad Pro
2018-12-17
Use props
shumotoriki
New

Hong Kong

DJI Susan Posted at 12-16 00:21
Hi shumotoriki, we apologize that you’re experiencing difficulties. Could you refer to 70# and verify? If the issue persists, please kindly contact our support and start a case: https://www.dji.com/support

hi, I exchanged the unit at the DJI store in Hong Kong. Thanks
2018-12-17
Use props
fans457eb675
lvl.1
United States

same problem here, cannot activate new pocket osmo
2018-12-17
Use props
djiuser_5UM2qkCFpVzC
New
Flight distance : 1115 ft
United States

I'm having the same issue and will return mine this weekend if I can't get it working.
2018-12-17
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans36009982 Posted at 12-17 13:56
Same here . My serial number is[view_image]   OW7DF980127674
I tried it with iPhone x an iPad Pro

You really should go to the support section of DJI.com and start a Chat Session.

https://www.dji.com/support
2018-12-17
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_9zKZlut2WBk8 Posted at 12-14 17:43
I am also unable to activate my Osmo Pocket on two iPhones via the Mimo app. I get the exact same error on both an iPhone X and an iPhone 7.

I can provide the serial number if that helps. The device is useless without activation.

You really should go to the support section of DJI.com and start a Chat Session.

2018-12-17
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansc115bff8 Posted at 12-14 13:48
I have just received a Osmo pocket and their is no way i can activate it - I just called DJI support and they said i must have a usb c phone - I only hav 5 android micro usb samsung phones - i ordered a micro usb to usb cable to try and will let you know if it works - if not probably will return it -

THERE SHOULD BE A WEB BASED ACTIVATION!!!

Or you could read the device requirement and compatibility notices before ordering one :-)

Sorry for the snark, but you really should check this stuff out before sending your $350!
2018-12-17
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sheeshah Posted at 12-17 13:38
Its interesting. I have tried the activation with many different devices. Even when i connect the OP via the USB C-Port on the downside of the device with another Smartphone it will be recognized but Activation did not work. Is ist possible, that DJI simply did not include some serial numbers in their activation Database, so that these devices never will get activated until the database is fixed?

You may have more luck sharing this information with the Chat Support.
Go to the support section of DJI.com and start a Chat Session.

2018-12-17
Use props
ceefka
lvl.1

Germany

WebParrot Posted at 12-17 18:42

I did this already and they told me to write an email. Bu no answer so  long.
2018-12-17
Use props
PiteousPlayer
lvl.2
Hong Kong

I am not sure if there is anything related... But I got mine yesterday and activated today. I guess the only difference I had with you all is that I did not have the SD card inserted throughout the entire process even now (as I didn't have time to go get one)...

So, maybe for those who failed to activate.. try it over again without the SD card inserted? (although I know it is less likely related, it is worth trying in case your CS rep can't help)
2018-12-17
Use props
miktan66
lvl.1
Australia

HI Dji Can you please follow up on my Case (#1514975) and provide an update , waiting to hear how I can get a replacement as I bought my osmo from The Dji Online store. ???

Thank You
2018-12-17
Use props
eBjorgum
New
Norway

Living in Norway and bought my first DJI product:

A Osmo Pocket with a 128GB Kingston Canvas React MicroSDXC card.

- Started the Osmo Pocket up and the display shows «Not activated».

- Downloaded the Mimo app to my iPhone XS Max.

- Connected the Osmo Pocket to the iPhone.

- Mimo app started up and I tapped «AGREE».

- Mimo app collapsed down.

- When trying to open the app again it shuts down in a second.

- After countless reopening of the app, same situation.

- Restarted the Osmo Pocket 5-6 times.

- My Osmo Pocket will not activate.

- The Mimo app will not open with or without the Osmo Pocket connected.

- Is it the Osmo Pocket or is it the Mimo app?

- Will there be a firmware or Mimo update soon?

Or do I need to send my Osmo Pocket back to seller?

ErikB
2018-12-18
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

PiteousPlayer Posted at 12-17 23:16
I am not sure if there is anything related... But I got mine yesterday and activated today. I guess the only difference I had with you all is that I did not have the SD card inserted throughout the entire process even now (as I didn't have time to go get one)...

So, maybe for those who failed to activate.. try it over again without the SD card inserted? (although I know it is less likely related, it is worth trying in case your CS rep can't help)

I think you are right. I didn't have a card in mine during activation, simply because the Pocket didn't seem to want to accept one before activation. The manual should be more concise about how to go about this. The videos also don't explain whether to have a card inserted or not.
2018-12-18
Use props
Sheeshah
New
Germany

DJI Support said in this case: Mark it as "dead on arrival" and send it back. After Christmas!!! they will send a replacement. When i want to just return it  to the DJI Store and then go to my local TechStore and buy it there to get it before christmas i has to pay the returnfees to DJI.

For a situation where it is clearly the fault of DJI, thats a pritty  "middle finger in your face" attitude from DJI. Cheapeu, Customers will love you. They treat their preorder Customers as bad as possible.
2018-12-18
Use props
PiteousPlayer
lvl.2
Hong Kong

For those of you failed to activate, please consider removing the SD card and try again.

Okay, I am not sure, but I think this can be the case with poor code written for the activation process that crashed with the SD card file detection. I suspected solely based on Ray-CubeAce's reply and how the firmware is loaded to the device.. it is possible, but uncertain.

Please confirm if removing the SD card actually helps or not so that may help other people too. ;-)
2018-12-18
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ceefka Posted at 12-17 22:50
I did this already and they told me to write an email. Bu no answer so  long.

I think you should try again... there is an option to start an online chat (which I've used on three occasions with aircraft issues)  While I've seen the 'email' option, I never took that route.  With a Chat, you can demand a Case# ... Perhaps copying the link to this thread can be included in the Chat as evidence of ongoing issues.
2018-12-18
Use props
olitch
lvl.1
Germany

fansceed7082 Posted at 12-17 00:50
Using a VPN app worked for me. This is a silly amateurish problem created by DJI and I suspect they have a very good idea what the problem is. So stop wasting people’s time by asking them for login details or other such irrelevant information and FIX it!

which country you use ?
2018-12-18
Use props
ethanlalalalala
lvl.1
Taiwan

PiteousPlayer Posted at 12-18 02:18
For those of you failed to activate, please consider removing the SD card and try again.

Okay, I am not sure, but I think this can be the case with poor code written for the activation process that crashed with the SD card file detection. I suspected solely based on Ray-CubeAce's reply and how the firmware is loaded to the device.. it is possible, but uncertain.

It’ not working even without SD card inside, but I think it might be the root issue of hardware mal-function if you already inserted it before activation like me? how can DJI take so long and have no solution? I have return mine today, hope the replacement will be alright!
2018-12-18
Use props
olitch
lvl.1
Germany

just stupid answers from dji via email, they think we are to stupid to connect the smartphone with the OP....ok i finish now and give the OP back to the Shop. I dont know why DJI is not fair enough to tell us, please stop trying to activate your OP, your smatphone is not compatible, so we all can use our time for better things.
2018-12-18
Use props
deepnpisgah
lvl.1

United States

PiteousPlayer Posted at 12-18 02:18

Okay, I am not sure, but I think this can be the case with poor code written for the activation process that crashed with the SD card file detection. I suspected solely based on Ray-CubeAce's reply and how the firmware is loaded to the device.. it is possible, but uncertain.

No tips/tricks provided here work yet for me, I think it's just random. I got mine to activate and update firmware the one time so far it connected. Just luck...
2018-12-18
Use props
Janka
lvl.4
Flight distance : 580121 ft
Latvia

Same problem. Very disappointed
2018-12-18
Use props
deepnpisgah
lvl.1

United States

WebParrot Posted at 12-17 18:44
Or you could read the device requirement and compatibility notices before ordering one :-)

Sorry for the snark, but you really should check this stuff out before sending your $350!

DJI sent out a marketing email on Nov 28. That link provided no mention of any device compatibility nor any reference to a requirement to have the Mimo app to activate. Even today the main marketing page for Osmo Pocket doesn't mention this, it only talks about smartphones and android, not some very limited number of smartphones. It's only on the Mimo App page where compatibility is mentioned (way down at the bottom), and I'm going to doubt that information was there on Nov 28 given the surprise level once people started getting their pockets.
2018-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules