Osmo Pocket Activation Failed
1187792 1187792 2018-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Susan
Administrator

LESGECKOS Posted at 12-20 02:53
Thanks, I've tried X VPN but doesn't work for me. I think I'll send the OP back to DJI. Thanks again for helping.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please kindly start a case and send it in from here: https://www.dji.com/support The designated team will take care once they received the package.
2018-12-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

jazzymen Posted at 12-20 07:51
Hello
i'm french,
activation is impossible with an iphone or a usbc.

Hi jazzymen, we're sorry for the inconvenience. Just to verify, have you switched to WiFi/Internet to check? If the issue persists, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-12-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans4f3f968d Posted at 12-20 08:53
Hi DJI,

I was very upset that after the first activate , i was unable to link with my DJI osmo pocket again

Sorry to read about this. Please kindly write an email to support@dji.com, the team will guide you the further steps.
2018-12-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_8Y55i66D8SmU Posted at 12-20 19:29
What a piece of garbage. First of all its a load of crap that you have to use a phone to register a camera. And second, all I get is activation failed. Time to post a nasty youtube review and send this paperweight back.

I understand your frustration and very sorry about it. May I have the SN for double check?
2018-12-21
Use props
fansf05915ff
New

United States

Bought a Osmo pocket today, but it won’t activate
2018-12-21
Use props
fansf05915ff
New

United States

Bought a Osmo pocket today, but it won’t activate
2018-12-21
Use props
fans9dfae919
New
Germany

My account roman@foltyn.de
Same Error see photo
Not function witch:
Apple iPhone Xs and iPhone 7 and iPhone 6
Please Help me! And send solution via my account mail
Best Regards
Roman
My Holiday video ist not possible
2018-12-22
Use props
Woody Phillips
New

United States

djiuser_B7mUgpxGUtcG Posted at 12-14 19:59
Try resetting the password. Go to #37-38 thread for the direction.

I agree. Just received my second unit from DJI. Same problem. Keeps asking for phone number. What a piece of junk. Will be returning for a refund. Way to go DJI, especially close to Christmas with folks looking to give this as a gift.
2018-12-23
Use props
Tko
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30423 ft
United States

Bought the Osmo at Bestbuy and could not activate the camera with the iphone8. I took it back to the store, (they had 5 at the store) I exchanged it and the second one would not activate and the third, but the fourth one I tried activated without issues. It's definitely a software issue and not a phone issue.  Before I went to exchange the Osmo, I called tech support and told him the issue I was having and he told me without hesitation to take it back to the store for a refund or exchange, this led me to believe the tech knew the Osmo has issues. There is a batch of Osmo with bad software and we are beta testers.
2018-12-23
Use props
Tko
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30423 ft
United States

By the way, you could buy the Osmo pocket at Bestbuy for $262. They are $349 retail but if you purchase 2 none sale items like an SD card or wrist strap $2.99x2 the price of the Osmo drops to $262.  Great deal and only in store purchase.  
2018-12-23
Use props
DmytroD
New
Ukraine

I have activation failure as well
s/n 0W7DF8E0022006
Tried VPN, removed the SD card, tried different iPhones, tried different accounts
2018-12-24
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_8Y55i66D8SmU Posted at 12-20 19:29
What a piece of garbage. First of all its a load of crap that you have to use a phone to register a camera. And second, all I get is activation failed. Time to post a nasty youtube review and send this paperweight back.

I disagree.  Have you tried to use the same device that you used to register your Spark?
2018-12-24
Use props
dozy
New
Germany

got mine today. can't activate it. tried on an iPhone X, iPhone se and iPad with different wifis and 4g.
always the same error...very frustrating. why is there a activation process in the first place. any solutions to that? (tried with or without sd card, different phones and networks)
2018-12-24
Use props
edsel6502
New
United States

The whole DJI experience is terrible.

My brand new DJI Osmo Pocket would not activate on my OFFICIALLY supported Pixel 2 XL. It would put me in the stupid endless loop of the activation video.

I got it to activate by using my iPhone 7+, got the firmware updated.

Tried to connect it to my Pixel 2 XL now that its activated. Still not detecting it.

Requiring a phone to activate a camera is just plain stupid. THe only reason for this for essential a video camera on a gimbal is to harvest your personal information.

Lets not get into the fact that you can't even start a new thread to report your problem with you new Osmo Pocket.
2018-12-24
Use props
michaelstrokosch
New
Germany

Is there any fix for this problem out now?
2018-12-28
Use props
fans995a1a23
lvl.1
United States

Anyone who found a fix, please PLEASE let us know. Hopefully i still could use this before my trip ends
2018-12-28
Use props
djiuser_VoHmN8rz0AzU
New

United States

It looks like I get to join the crowd of OSMO Pocket buyers with devices that won't activate.  I've tried multiple networks, devices, ports (USB C and Lightening).  No changes.
This is the message I get every time.  
2019-1-2
Use props
Sjoerd Luidinga
lvl.1

Netherlands

Same here from The Hague, Netherlands.  I've also tried multiple networks, devices, IOS versions, ports (USB C and Lightening).  Every time the activation failed. No patience with tricks, workarounds and Chinese messages.
I've returned the OSMO Pocket to the retailer as it is an unusable product. Very disappointed in DJI. If this problem is really solved in the near future, I might reconsider and try it again, but at the same time I'm looking for a competitive product or better.
2019-1-3
Use props
fansd10f55b8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 378701 ft
United States

Well, I also just received mine and have had the same issue. Any ongoing solutions to correct this?

Have tried it with both an iPhone 6 and Samsung S9. On either WiFi and mobile data. No luck so far. Though the app does try and download the new firmware.
2019-1-4
Use props
SingleRider
New

Germany

Got mine today from the Retail Store here in Germany, activation failed.
Tried VPN, Ipad Air 2, Iphone X, Huawei P20 pro with no Luck. Great Customer Expierience, unusable out of the Box - Great
2019-1-5
Use props
fansd932aa66
New

United States

I’m getting the same issues!!! SMH
2019-1-5
Use props
KEN5423
lvl.3
United States

Like I said before............took me over 7 times to activate with nothing but fails for well over an hour maybe 2 hours and then out of the blue my Pocket got activated.My phone is an LG G5.We are only beta tester's for DJI.........we should get our Osmo Pockets for free that is how I see it.All these huge youtubers not only get free Pocket's but they are activated and have all the function's promised to us like story mode and such yet when we buy their product they bend us over and f$ck us in the a$$ and those feature's that they said were included are not even there!Then they make excuse after excuse.
2019-1-5
Use props
SingleRider
New

Germany

Been testing about 2 hours with no Luck. On Android Mobile no Error Message at all.
2019-1-6
Use props
djiuser_yV1pAEkfROKI
New

Cambodia

I bought dji osmo pocket and went to trip. What I found in airport? Yes, camera is "brick". I have no camera, but I planed visited 5 countries. I tried change camer at dji official dealer in Phuket, they said thay they are not seller, so they can't do nothing. Support of dji said, that thay know about problem, but i need replaced camera by my dealer. I'm very disappointed. Thanks, dji for my perfect rest.
2019-1-6
Use props
adalberto.lopez
lvl.1
United States

KEN5423 Posted at 1-5 18:04
Like I said before............took me over 7 times to activate with nothing but fails for well over an hour maybe 2 hours and then out of the blue my Pocket got activated.My phone is an LG G5.We are only beta tester's for DJI.........we should get our Osmo Pockets for free that is how I see it.All these huge youtubers not only get free Pocket's but they are activated and have all the function's promised to us like story mode and such yet when we buy their product they bend us over and f$ck us in the a$$ and those feature's that they said were included are not even there!Then they make excuse after excuse.

Did you contact anyone at DJI during those attempts?
2019-1-6
Use props
fansdf18ae69
New

Brazil

also mine is not working. talked to Dji and they told me to send it back to the seller
2019-1-7
Use props
djiuser_SVW6bjPbKhtp
New

Italy

Hi! I resolved that problem in this way:

1. Turn off WiFi on smartphone
2. Turn on MOBILE NETWORK in mimo app settings
3. Turn on GPS INFORMATION in mimo app settings/privacy

Please let me know if it works you too

2019-1-7
Use props
adalberto.lopez
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_SVW6bjPbKhtp Posted at 1-7 13:20
Hi! I resolved that problem in this way:

1. Turn off WiFi on smartphone

No luck. Tried it on an iPhone 6.

Will try later on an Android device. So far opened a case number with DJI to return the Osmo Pocket.
2019-1-7
Use props
Jstein1313
New
Flight distance : 9104 ft
United States

adalberto.lopez Posted at 1-7 19:05
No luck. Tried it on an iPhone 6.

Will try later on an Android device. So far opened a case number with DJI to return the Osmo Pocket.

Didn’t work for me either, I’m on an iPhone X. I was so excited for this thing, but I’m done with it - what a terrible way to launch a product.

No idea how this isn’t blowing up on the tech blogs, all of their test units must be pre-registered.
2019-1-8
Use props
Jstein1313
New
United States

Will try later on an Android device. So far opened a case number with DJI to return the Osmo Pocket.

Didn’t work for me either, I’m on an iPhone X. I was so excited for this thing, but I’m done with it - what a terrible way to launch a product.

No idea how this isn’t blowing up on the tech blogs, all of their test units must be pre-registered.
2019-1-8
Use props
Jstein1313
New
United States

2019-1-8
Use props
Jstein1313
New
United States

2019-1-8
Use props
noelfernando
New

India

Hello,

Its quite sad that DJI has disappointed so many people. I have purchased OSMO Pocket just before Christmas and got it shipped to across the Earth (India) to shoot some videos. Waited for almost 2 weeks for the product to arrive.  And then the the product wont activate. Its so much of pain one has to go thru. Ship it back or tell someone to carry it back for you. And then go to the store explain the problem etc etc. If the product is not ready DJI should not sell it. They should wait and get all the issues and put in the market. They should arrange for alternative solution for people who are away.

Really disappointed. Would appreciate a solution.
2019-1-14
Use props
noelfernando
New

India

Hello,

Its quite sad that DJI has disappointed so many people. I have purchased OSMO Pocket just before Christmas and got it shipped to across the Earth (India) to shoot some videos. Waited for almost 2 weeks for the product to arrive.  And then the the product wont activate. Its so much of pain one has to go thru. Ship it back or tell someone to carry it back for you. And then go to the store explain the problem etc etc. If the product is not ready, DJI should not sell it. They should wait and get all the issues sorted and put in the market. They should arrange for alternative solution for people who are away.

Really disappointed. Would appreciate a quicker solution and not disappoint so many people.

Regards,
Disappointed Customer
(Its gonna be my first and last DJI product)
2019-1-14
Use props
fans675bc6a1
New
South Africa

The Problem clicking register with an existing account, is the iphone firmware. It doesnt like 12.1.2 or higher. I activated mine with my ipad mini, running ios 12.1.1. Successful. Then attached it to my iphonex with 12.1.2, and same procedure, login with existing account, and works.
2019-1-15
Use props
Eric9188
New
United States

Disappointing...does not activate on my pixel 3
2019-1-28
Use props
fans43a14bd6
New

United States

Got mine today direct from DJI. Will not activate on my iPhone X. 12.1.1
2019-1-28
Use props
fans567968ab
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35643 ft
Netherlands

Peerayuth Posted at 2018-12-12 23:28
I have the same problem.
There is no solution now.

Same problem here. Tried 6 different phones (4 x Android and 2 x Iphone)
I can not get this DJI product registered.
Support really sucks, for there is NO solution.
This company may produce nice products, once they work but this really sucks bigtime!
What a horrible product / brand!
Just spent 360 Euro and have nothing but frustrations! No help, only bull... form support
2019-1-31
Use props
fans567968ab
lvl.1
Netherlands

Peerayuth Posted at 2018-12-12 23:28
I have the same problem.
There is no solution now.

This company may produce nice products, once they work but this really sucks bigtime!
Just spent 360 Euro and have nothing but frustrations! No help, only bull... form support
2019-1-31
Use props
fans567968ab
lvl.1
Netherlands

djiuser_5RohCbiMg8HZ Posted at 2018-12-12 16:22
Hi,unfortunately I have the same experience with Samsung S8 and iPjone SE either. [view_image]

2019-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules