Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Pocket Activation Failed
35688 278 2018-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans567968ab
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35643 ft
Netherlands

djiuser_5RohCbiMg8HZ Posted at 2018-12-12 16:22
Hi,unfortunately I have the same experience with Samsung S8 and iPjone SE either. [view_image]

Same problem here. Tried 6 different phones (4 x Android and 2 x Iphone)
I can not get this DJI product registered.
Support really sucks, for there is NO solution.
This company may produce nice products, once they work but this really sucks bigtime!
What a horrible product / brand!
Just spent 360 Euro and have nothing but frustrations! No help, only bull... form support
2019-1-31
Use props
fans567968ab
lvl.1
Netherlands

djiuser_5RohCbiMg8HZ Posted at 2018-12-12 16:22
Hi,unfortunately I have the same experience with Samsung S8 and iPjone SE either. [view_image]

This company may produce nice products, once they work but this really sucks bigtime!
Just spent 360 Euro and have nothing but frustrations! No help, only bull... form support

2019-1-31
Use props
fans567968ab
lvl.1
Netherlands

What a horrible product / brand!
2019-1-31
Use props
fans567968ab
lvl.1
Netherlands

2019-1-31
Use props
djiuser_KJON3utTgS2V
New
Australia

Same problem too, nothing I try works and wasted half a day. Card in or out, VPN, change password, different connection, all variations of settings, so frustrating.

I purchased the wireless adapter at the same time which is recognised but app says activation can only be done via USB (physical) connection. Rang DJI who advised just to return it. Sigh, a few hours round trip ahead of me. If the store won't permit me to test the new one on the spot I'll just get my money back.

Early adopters shouldn't be used as beta testers, very poor DJI. This is a premium product with a premium price tag, activation shouldn't even be necessary.
2019-2-1
Use props
Replay Media
New

Ukraine

Dji don't want change osmo pocket with activation error after 2 weeks, said "only 2 weeks you can return it", don't buy this bull.... Dji made huge mistake
2019-2-2
Use props
djiuser_KJON3utTgS2V
New
Australia

djiuser_KJON3utTgS2V Posted at 2-1 21:18
Same problem too, nothing I try works and wasted half a day. Card in or out, VPN, change password, different connection, all variations of settings, so frustrating.

I purchased the wireless adapter at the same time which is recognised but app says activation can only be done via USB (physical) connection. Rang DJI who advised just to return it. Sigh, a few hours round trip ahead of me. If the store won't permit me to test the new one on the spot I'll just get my money back.

Just to update I returned mine today and tried activating a new one in store, it worked!
2019-2-2
Use props
maWONSvic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 781 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Good day! I can't activate my osmo pocket. activation failed. activation data error. restart your device and try again. What am I to do?
2019-2-3
Use props
maWONSvic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 781 ft
  • >>>
Russia

maWONSvic Posted at 2-3 00:49
Good day! I can't activate my osmo pocket. activation failed. activation data error. restart your device and try again. What am I to do?

I returned it to the store! changed to another and everything worked!
2019-2-3
Use props
fans867a95f3
New
Flight distance : 10302 ft
United States

fans5983e550 Posted at 2018-12-15 06:51
Anyone experiencing that after a little use the osmo pocket won't connect to your phone again.  Samsung note 9. It shows that it's slow charging but I can't connect and see video.

Did you ever figure out why? I have a Note9 too and I connected my Osmo Pocket with Note9 hoping to activate it but I only got a pop-up saying "Slow Charging" and can't seem to activate the Osmo Pocket. Launching the Mimo App did nothing either!
2019-2-10
Use props
VC339
New
Australia

Just unwrapped my Osmo Pocket today 13/02/2019.
Had the same fail to activation error, new out of the box, Osmo Mimo app pre-installed and logged in prior plugging in the Osmo Pocket, iPhone 6 with IOS version 11.4.1
After number of attempts, finally got it activated with following steps:

1.  Log in Dji.com, reset password;
2.  Remove Osmo Mimo apps from iPhone, reinstalled.  Once installed, do not open the app yet;
3.  Make sure Osmo Pocket is charged, had no Micro SD card in my Osmo Pocket, Osmo Pocket remains OFF.
4.  iPhone Wi-Fi and Mobile network were both turned ON on mine.
5.  Plug in Osmo Pocket to the iPhone, press power ON button on Osmo Pocket, Osmo Mimo apps will launch automatically;
6.  Just follow the messages prompt on Osmo Mimo apps - Login -->  Activate etc.
7.  Once activated, Osmo Mimo will prompt for firmware updates, just follow the steps and download new firmware;
8.  As I have not put in the Micro SD card yet, I just unplugged the Osmo Pocket from the iPhone and insert the Micro SD card.
9.  Press install, and that's it.

I pre-order mine on eBay and delivered in Dec 2018, so mine should be a earlier production, I assume.  Bought it for the upcoming trip so never opened it, glad that I didn't wait till last minute to start this up.....

Anyway, hope this help someone.  Cheers.  

2019-2-12
Use props
djiuser_n4QgcldeuKmT
New
Germany

Osmo pocket doesn't work in LG g4 (neigther activation or app dji mimo connection with mobile)

I bought an osmo yesterday and I couldn't activate it on my phone(LG g4)- Android operating system 8. Luckily I was able to activate it on my husband's (honor 8-Android operating system 87).
once activated, the  dji mime application on my mobile doesn't detect the osmo and I can't see or edit the videos.
In honor 8 it doesn't work 100% either, it disconnects from time to time.

I read in this forum that this problem happens to a lot of mobiles. Is there a solution to this? is planned an immediate solution? Is planned a solution with the new firmwar?
I need to be able to work with the osmo pocket on my mobile, I do not have access to my husband's mobile always....

A product of more than 350 eu... and such a bad start...
How can it be that it can only be activated via mobile? in addition The application needs many improvements...

by the way, in the support form there is no option to select the osmo pocket...
2019-2-23
Use props
idomolau17
New

Canada

I also has the same issue of my Pocket, can't activate and can't use!!!
2019-3-5
Use props
fabio72
New

Italy

fans4ee79fcc Posted at 2018-12-15 12:50
Saturday 15th December 20:47 GMT

Received this message via fb messenger from DJI support.

i've got the same problem!!!
2019-4-23
Use props
djiuser_bUQ8mf0Burd9
New

United States

I just purchased a Pocket from Best Buy (6 May 2019) and have tried every fix listed in this thread and am still getting the same "Activation Failed - Activation data error. Please restart the device and try again."

Tried using cell, VPN on both Wi-Fi and cell - we have a 100 Mb connection over wifi. Deleted the app multiple times, checked my login (it works) at DJI - (my posting here is possible because my login info works) Taking back to Best Buy now.
2019-5-6
Use props
djiuser_Z2UTU4Xsqw8U
New

United Kingdom

I have tried  to activate it so many times, It doesn’t work.  I bought it and just got it from last Saturday. Today is 6 May 2019 but it’s still cannot be activated that means they have an approved anything since the first report or they send me all of the Osmo pocket. So  disappointed   
2019-5-6
Use props
fans3375f844
New
Canada

Just went through this.. support was pretty brutal.

Was able to figure some steps that helped me get it to work after a couple hours of messing around.

1. If the DJI Mimo app is on your phone, delete it and reinstall it. DO NOT OPEN THE APP.
2. Fully charge your Osmo Pocket.
3. Plug in the Osmo to your phone while the OSMO is OFF.
4. When they are connected, Turn the Osmo on.
5. The Mino app should open up. Accept all the access to phone and everything.
6. Click activate and you *should* be in business. If it doesn't get to the second line in the checklists of things to activate it then you'll likely hit an error.

Good Luck!
2019-5-6
Use props
ferflores87
New
Argentina

Good day. First I want to tell you that my English is not very good.
I told them that I bought the product in Amazon UK from Argentina, unfortunately as there was no stock more than 1 month later.
Yesterday I received it and same mistake as everyone. I could not activate the product with my Samsung S8. I spoke with DJI support and a bad experience, besides they told me that my phone is not compatible with the product. WHAT? use android, it's compatible! ...
I tried all the possible ways, 4G, WIFI, other networks, delete app, etc. 4 phones. In the end it was activated in a Samsung A9 miraculously. Now I have to change my bedside phone to be able to use this product? It is depleting. I hope they correct this. also now I do not want to try to connect it in my S8 for fear of deactivating the product!
2019-5-7
Use props
B3602
lvl.1

Brazil

I have a paper weight of $ 350 ...
I am waiting for a few days from the support email, I feel frustrated with Dji!
I've tested on over a dozen android or ios handsets and I can not activate my osmo pocket!
My email is rogeriotvc@gmail.com and the sn is 0W7DFAC0121419
2019-5-10
Use props
Mike Boydstun
New

United States

DJI has blown it.  They didn't make it with micro USB, the single most popular connector on the market.  I WILL RETURN AND NEVER LOOK AT ANYTHING THIS COMPANY MAKES!
2019-5-11
Use props
Mike Boydstun
New

United States

DJI has blown it.  They didn't make it with micro USB, the single most popular connector on the market.  I WILL RETURN AND NEVER LOOK AT ANYTHING THIS COMPANY MAKES!
2019-5-11
Use props
UAVcoyote
New
Flight distance : 7552 ft
United States

Mike Boydstun Posted at 5-11 16:53
DJI has blown it.  They didn't make it with micro USB, the single most popular connector on the market.  I WILL RETURN AND NEVER LOOK AT ANYTHING THIS COMPANY MAKES!

DJI Support non-existent
I should have GOOGLED this issue before I contacted DJI on-line support. DJI was well aware of the problem, but did not share the Info.
I could have saved more than 2-hours in nonsense chat. With some hassle, I returned the OSMO Pocket.

I have a DJI Mavic it will be the last item I ever buy from this corrupt company.
2019-5-15
Use props
Mark Weiss
First Officer
United States

I wish I had stumbled across this forum thread before my wife bought me one of these. Now we have the headache of trying to return it!There isn't even a jack to plug in a decent stereo microphone. So really no good because I have to also drag around an external audio recorder and synch everything in post--what a headache.

2019-5-23
Use props
Mark Weiss
First Officer
United States

Mark Weiss Posted at 5-23 18:27
I wish I had stumbled across this forum thread before my wife bought me one of these. Now we have the headache of trying to return it!There isn't even a jack to plug in a decent stereo microphone. So really no good because I have to also drag around an external audio recorder and synch everything in post--what a headache.

It's now been 7 days since I reported this problem to DJI and I still have not received an RMA. Are they trying to wait til the return period expires so they can refuse to take back this defective product?
2019-5-30
Use props
djiuser_LyLBSZoBBvF9
New

Canada

You'd think they would have fixed the activation problem by now.
2019-6-25
Use props
djiuser_eaZqboLCvtYv
New

Australia

FIX My god dumb ass the problem is on some phone you can’t see everything on screen eg iphone se you can’t see the tick box for accept agreement or iPhone 7 this was visible. FIX you can register when box is tick. See my vdo on how to fix goproranger channel
2019-10-18
Use props
djiuser_eaZqboLCvtYv
New

Australia

FIX My god dumb ass the problem is on some phone you can’t see everything on screen eg iphone se you can’t see the tick box for accept agreement or iPhone 7 this was visible. FIX you can register when box is tick. See my vdo on how to fix on my gopro ranger channel
2019-10-18
Use props
djiuser_oBiMvph5yQ0Q
New

Italy

I am unable to activate my osmo pocket with my one plus 5t. Please help
2019-12-28
Use props
KingArthurKnigh
New
United States

I too had trouble registering my product on my mobile , so I went to directly to their website DJI  .com
I registered with ease , then came back to the app and logged in with no problem
all is good now & I love my Osmo Mobile 3
2020-2-10
Use props
Gommel
New

Netherlands

I have the same problem.

S/N 0W7CG9V0131037
2020-2-12
Use props
djiuser_ywkY253vgliJ
New

United States

AAAAAAHHHHH   SAME
2020-4-18
Use props
OnlineNichole
New

United States

I just received my Osmo Pocket and it won't activate! Very frustrated. I have a Samsung Galaxy9 and with the smartphone adapter, the DJI app can't even find the device. Using the wireless connector, the app sees the device, says I should check the device for the displayed verification code, but the device shows nothing - just the screen and that it's not activated. I've tried turning the device off and on numerous times. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Help!
2020-9-15
Use props
djiuser_frquk7I3zGzV
New

United Kingdom

I have a similar issue, Osmo pocket when conneted to the iphone 6s does not initiate activation got a message on the iphone saying accessory not supported, done all the proceeding suggested by support but no luck, quire frustrated
2020-9-17
Use props
fansd7744017
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-12-16 23:50
Sorry for the troubles. I've read your message in PM and responded as well, please kindly check later, thank you!

I have the same problem, can you please check my sn?

0W7CG9K0131216
ADBB2DA7-6958-4075-BA21-237148E41F41.png
2021-1-22
Use props
fansd7744017
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-12-15 23:47
Sir, we're so sorry for the inconvenience. Please kindly restart the Osmo Pocket and its app, then try to activate it again, making sure they have a good internet connection.
If the activation still fails, we're sorry that you may consider sending the unit in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support Please kindly offer us the case number once you got it, we'd like to follow up.

0W7CG9K0131216

F4C8CA24-999E-407D-ABB3-82B1011C7C6B.png
2021-1-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansd7744017 Posted at 1-22 12:28

0W7CG9K0131216

Hi, I had sent you PM, please check.
2021-1-22
Use props
Evgeny_DJI13
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6765 ft
Poland

Hi!

3PYZK2U00A0143
2022-12-11
Use props
ro_walker
Captain
Brazil

Same here.....
2022-12-17
Use props
djiuser_YtymFzrqyCJ7
New

Vietnam

Same problem in 2023 and DJI do nothing to fix it from 2018 !!! Why need to activate before using it ? The issue happened with brandnew device, so the problem are the policy and Mimo app. Support team just said customer refund, but how about the cumtomer cannot refund ? This is my first and last device from this fucking brand.
2023-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules