DISAPPOINTED !!! IN SUPPORT!!!
848 13 2018-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WTVIVP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1084508 ft
United States

When I brought my phantom 4 pro plus I purchased the Refresh plan also thinking this will be a good idea. I crashed my drone during a Job, I started to panic, but then I remembered I have the Refresh plan. With 30 days left in the DJI refresh plan I called support gave them all my info. Sent the drone to them on 11/18/18 (Case no: CAS-2488318-C2K1J5). 2 weeks later I received the replacement drone WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT !!!!!  The drone all it did was BEEP!! BEEP!!! BEEP!!! BEEP!!! BEEP!! BEEP!!! BEEP!!! BEEP!!! I did everything to get it to work. Mind you I am out of work for 2 weeks lost $2,768 in wedding videos I had to refund wedding couples. So I got on the phone with support the same day I received the replacement drone. NOW I HAVE TO SEND THE REPLACEMENT DRONE BACK TO THEM FOR REPAIRS !!!!!  (CASE NO: CAS-2543362-V3B2J9). SO I WAIT ANOTHER 2 WEEKS !!! Lost $1,598 in Wedding Video contracts. I finally get it back today (12/12/2018 to start preparing for a $3,000 Drone wedding Job on the 12/22/18. I guess WHAT !!!!  BEEP!! BEEP!!! BEEP!!! BEEP!!! BEEP!! BEEP!!! BEEP!!! BEEP!!! THE SAME EXACT THING !!!!  WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT !!!!!

SO I GET BACK ON THE PHONE WITH SUPPORT !! I have to send this unit back to them !!! AGAIN !!! (Case No: CAS-2574176-Z2F5M4) NO GUARANTEES I WILL GET IT BACK IN TIME FOR THE $3,000 DRONE WEDDING  JOB I HAVE ON 12/22/18. WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT !!!!!

2018-12-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

So you are operating a business making wedding videos and you do not have another drone on standby?
2018-12-12
Use props
WTVIVP
lvl.1
United States

Video Proof: https://photos.app.goo.gl/kfK6JrM7tGfEBSnA6
2018-12-12
Use props
WTVIVP
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 12-12 16:18
So you are operating a business making wedding videos and you do not have another drone on standby?

Yes, I give my customers option on drone models to film with. The most requested is the Phantom.
2018-12-12
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

As Geebax suggests, sounds like a backup would have already paid for itself.
2018-12-12
Use props
WTVIVP
lvl.1
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 12-12 16:34
As Geebax suggests, sounds like a backup would have already paid for itself.

I have a mavic and a spark, my customers just don't what those drones. At this rate looks like I will have to buy another Phantom 4.
2018-12-12
Use props
Mike Mas
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Sorry for your loss and inconvenience, sure ain't no excuse for the delay and hassle.

Quick question - since you lost $3 grand why didn't you just hop over to a Best Buy and grab another drone to finish the job, you would have ended up with $2K in your pocket and have another drone in your fleet.

Regards
2018-12-12
Use props
WTVIVP
lvl.1
United States

Mike Mas Posted at 12-12 18:27
Sorry for your loss and inconvenience, sure ain't no excuse for the delay and hassle.

Quick question - since you lost $3 grand why didn't you just hop over to a Best Buy and grab another drone to finish the job, you would have ended up with $2K in your pocket and have another drone in your fleet.

Thanks, I am now searching the net. But thanks for the advice I will check out Best Buy prices to get prepared to buy if I don't get my phantom 4 back in time for next week's wedding video shoot.

https://www.facebook.com/InstantVideoProduction/
https://www.facebook.com/Aerialimageryproduction/
2018-12-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi WTVIVP, you have our sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience with our repair center, upon checking the last repair, the drone was tested fine without any issue found, may I verify if you have done any special operation before the issue happens?
2018-12-12
Use props
WTVIVP
lvl.1
United States

No I took it out of the box link the device to my remote controller and there's no lights no GPS the motors won't turn you can't do no calibration the IMU I can't calibrate is basically it does nothing but beep.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kfK6JrM7tGfEBSnA6
2018-12-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

WTVIVP Posted at 12-12 21:27
No I took it out of the box link the device to my remote controller and there's no lights no GPS the motors won't turn you can't do no calibration the IMU I can't calibrate is basically it does nothing but beep.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kfK6JrM7tGfEBSnA6

Thanks for the video, we apologize again for the trouble that has been caused to your work, your frustration has been escalated to the appropriate team for attention, we will have someone to follow up your case and contact you soon, hope everything will be sorted out this time.
2018-12-13
Use props
HedsIc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft
United States

Why would customers "choose a drone?" Most people don't even know enough about drones to know what they'd be choosing. That's like allowing a customer to pick what camera a photographer uses.  Just seems like an odd system to have set up but if it works that's cool and I'm not knocking it...  Either way though, this is why it's a good idea to always have a backup if you plan on using it for business purposes. Expensive lesson to learn but a lesson non-the-less.

Hopefully DJI can get it all squared away for you and a working drone sent out to you finally though.
2018-12-13
Use props
Cepheroh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1691959 ft

Malaysia

My experience with DJI repair centre they fixed my drone without a scratch by replacing the whole board and IMU module and my drone now flies smoothly and flawless. Not sure what happened to your repair cases..DJI moderators here will help you on this same as they did to me..
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Cepheroh Posted at 12-13 20:59
My experience with DJI repair centre they fixed my drone without a scratch by replacing the whole board and IMU module and my drone now flies smoothly and flawless. Not sure what happened to your repair cases..DJI moderators here will help you on this same as they did to me..

It's good to know your issue was addressed, Cepheroh, thanks for sharing and your continous support for DJI.
2018-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules